BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-10-2009, 12:17 PM   #1
EpicE90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 f150

135i for sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
My pops dealership just took in a MINT 1 series . The list price is $39,875 but my dad said they will take $37,000 for the car. So i dont know if this will help out any fellow members but here ya go
http://www.potamkinautogallery.com/u...seHistory=true

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 07:55 PM   #2
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Wow.. not even 2k miles!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 08:00 PM   #3
cleverclive
Rep
Drives: 1997 AA SC'ed M3

Went to see it today and the people selling it are DICKS. I genuinely was interested and could of possibly bought it that day. I asked to drive it and they said they dont let people test drive their cars. I said well would you buy a house w/out walking in it? Just because I am younger they feel that they should be able to treat me with less respect than the millionaires that walk in there wanting to buy lambos. Do you think they would be that rude to a millionaire wanting to buy a porche? NO. Too bad cause it looked like a great car.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2009, 08:03 PM   #4
SouthpawE46
Because race car
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 & 318ti

^ Thats BS man.

Sorry to hear.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
bradford
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 SGM 135i

Wow - they're willing to take $37k, huh?

So, more than you can buy a similarly equipped brand NEW one for? Swell.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2009, 12:57 PM   #6
Vitacura
Ich Liebe mein BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 21 M240i CV, 23 X1

Sad.. It's actually on eBay as well..
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 12:44 PM   #7
wmo168
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Need one!

Over price, you can buy the same car new for lower price.

[ED Photo 12'] [ED Photo 11'] [ED Photo 09'] [PCD Photo 09']
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2009, 09:02 PM   #8
jason427
FASTEST 135i
Rep
Drives: 135i

Yeah,
Buy mine!!!

Jason
Official Rolex Jeweler
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 12:09 PM   #9
EpicE90
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 f150

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverclive View Post
Went to see it today and the people selling it are DICKS. I genuinely was interested and could of possibly bought it that day. I asked to drive it and they said they dont let people test drive their cars. I said well would you buy a house w/out walking in it? Just because I am younger they feel that they should be able to treat me with less respect than the millionaires that walk in there wanting to buy lambos. Do you think they would be that rude to a millionaire wanting to buy a porche? NO. Too bad cause it looked like a great car.
Alright i was going to act grown up and not reply to this post you just made, but unfortunately its really annoying me so let me explain the story to the other members. You walk in the showroom sweating like a pig with your shirt half off, run to the double doors literally breaking them to go outside and see the car. Two salesman came up to you to see what your interest is and all you stated was i want to test drive the car. Obviously your not the only 19 or 20 year old who walks in the showroom who wants to drive a decently expensive car. The moral of the story is you walked in like a bull , were 100% rude to the salesman , and didn't show any bit of courteousness to the the staff that was TRYING to help you. In order to test drive a car, you have to actually show you are a potential buyer. Not JUST SAY, let me test drive the car. So much more could be said but i'm sick of typing, act like a human being and maybe you would have got your test drive. They would be more then willing to let you test drive the car , as long as you showed a few characteristics of a buyer. Since they do feel bad about the unfortunate events that took place. They would be more then happy for you to come back and take a look at the car. This isn't an unprofessional environment ,and they don't like getting bad Rep for something they aren't guilty of. Just act a little more civilized and i'm sure they'd be more then happy to try and work with you.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 01:21 PM   #10
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: women crazy

Quote:
Actually the common law rule is buyers do not have a right to inspect a home...

If the seller wants to refuse an inspection of a home they may (unless their is a statute providing otherwise). Buyer only has permission to do a walk thru before closing.
      07-16-2009, 01:28 PM   #11
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
Actually the common law rule is buyers do not have a right to inspect a home...

If the seller wants to refuse an inspection of a home they may (unless their is a statute providing otherwise). Buyer only has permission to do a walk thru before closing.
I think he meant viewing the interior of a home, ie: with a realtor out house hunting, not actually 'inspecting the home'.

You could probably refuse an inspection if your local laws allow, but no buyer is gonna pull the trigger if you do, as you are probably hiding something.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 01:36 PM   #12
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

I sympathies with you clever, as I am 24 and there are times dealerships are truly dicks to youth. I went to Braman in Coconut Creek and the CA treated me very well, let me test drive the cars gave me all the info I wanted...then I went to Pembroke BMW and asked if they had any M-Sport 135i (I had seen one on the lot but I still asked to see what they'd say) and the guy told me "If you dont see it on the lot we dont have one" so I left and he lost a sale because he dismissed me without giving me a chance...

Now Epic is right about appearance, I dress very preppy, clean cut & shaven, I remain calm/cool and speak very politely...regardless of this some CAs are still weary and usually the first question they ask me is "So what do you do" immediately they become more attentive when I tell them I am finishing up my Law Degree...heck one CA tried to get me to lease a 135 so I could trade up to a M5 in a few years lol...I of course told him no since I dont like M5s

To Cadeucsb: Seller must disclose latent defects or be in breach
      07-16-2009, 03:24 PM   #13
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDA View Post
To Cadeucsb: Seller must disclose latent defects or be in breach
Must be state law, that's definitely not the law here in CO. Here the buyer has a right to inspection at their expense and must be done within a certain time frame.

That relates to inspection though, above I just meant you definitely see the inside of a house before committing to buy/place offer (which is what I think he was trying to say above).

Not to hijack the thread though...
Being young it is often tough to get salesman to take you seriously, I have been annoyed many times being in my 20s cash in hand to buy a luxury car and get treated like second class. Plenty of sales people that never followed up even after me following up with them, and I end up cutting a check down the road at another dealer. I dress the part part and act polite and if I still get the cold shoulder, I go elsewhere, all there is to it.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2009, 11:54 PM   #14
DVDA
Major
United_States
Rep

Yeah, as i said its common law, and it applies unless there is a state statute...Colorado must have a statute that says otherwise
      07-17-2009, 03:31 AM   #15
jlstyle
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Porsche Panamera

Garage List
2014 Audi S7  [0.00]
2015 BMW X5  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicE90 View Post
Alright i was going to act grown up and not reply to this post you just made, but unfortunately its really annoying me so let me explain the story to the other members. You walk in the showroom sweating like a pig with your shirt half off, run to the double doors literally breaking them to go outside and see the car. Two salesman came up to you to see what your interest is and all you stated was i want to test drive the car. Obviously your not the only 19 or 20 year old who walks in the showroom who wants to drive a decently expensive car. The moral of the story is you walked in like a bull , were 100% rude to the salesman , and didn't show any bit of courteousness to the the staff that was TRYING to help you. In order to test drive a car, you have to actually show you are a potential buyer. Not JUST SAY, let me test drive the car. So much more could be said but i'm sick of typing, act like a human being and maybe you would have got your test drive. They would be more then willing to let you test drive the car , as long as you showed a few characteristics of a buyer. Since they do feel bad about the unfortunate events that took place. They would be more then happy for you to come back and take a look at the car. This isn't an unprofessional environment ,and they don't like getting bad Rep for something they aren't guilty of. Just act a little more civilized and i'm sure they'd be more then happy to try and work with you.
LOL....
Funny what actually happened...
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 07:21 AM   #16
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

I don't agree with that whole rant up there. When I was 17 I walked into a Ford dealership and asked to spec a Mustang GT...I got thrown the sale book...A guy would not even sit with me. I was wearing Kahkis and a Polo Shirt and people tend to like me. Fast forward three months and the local Audi dealership has a slightly used RS4. They let me test drive that car...because I was an interested buyer... I talked that dealer down to 55K for a loaded RS4 with 6500 miles on the clock. But sadly that was still out of price range. Too bad...I still love the RS4.

Fast forward a few months again and i'm still 17, but now i'm in a BMW dealership. I'm in that dealership for a week and I get a few hours worth of test drives (coupe and vert 128i and 135i) 6K off of MSRP and I drive off of the lot 2 weeks later.

The higher end dealers tended to be much nicer to me than the Ford and Nissan dealers.

The point is even a young kid who acts nicly gets treated nicely. Don't bitch about your age...just be a nicer person.

To the OP good luck finding that 135i a nice home.

Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 12:04 AM   #17
cleverclive
Rep

Ok, well I haven't been on the forum for a while, but its funny what has unfolded in my absence. First the reason I walked in so fast is because I had just rushed down from delray to check out the car and I had somewhere to be. I didnt have time to drool all over the lambos and porches. I know what I want, I have been looking for a stick 135 for over 3 months and finally there is one that could end my anticipation of whether or not it suits me. SO of course I am a little abrupt in asking for a test drive. I have test drove the auto and I know all the other details of the car so there is no need for the square dance. As for sweating like a pig and my shirt half off, which makes me laugh by the way. The reason for that is I drive a 97 m3 that has no AC and the engine bay heat is for some inexplicable reason directed at my feet through what used to be AC ducts. So to add to the 100 degree miami weather w/ no AC my black on black m3 is literally cooking me alive after say 20 minutes of driving. Its a wonder I didnt buy the car on the spot to avoid the wretched drive home. I went to the door and tried to open it as any normal human being would... it was locked and so I tried the other. Just for readers knowledge, I think epic has embellished his story just a tad. At any rate even after I had "walked in like a bull and nearly broke down the doors" the two salesmen in question have not even lifted a toe to come and help me. I approached them and simply asked if I could check out the 135. They proceed to repeat the question to me. I was a bit taken back but I just said yeah. They looked at each other and gave each other the look of "another f***** person who's not worth standing up for". I picked up on this and got more to the point, " can I test drive the car"? They immediately retorted, "we don;t allow our cars to be test drove". At that point I knew it was a hopeless cause. At no point was I rude until they treated me as a second rate buyer (as someone else had put it). If being sweaty and in a rush denies me the right to buy a car from them then there is nothing I can do. I was not rude, but more to the point. At any rate I purchased a car this weekend and ironically it was sweaty in a wife beater and the salesman was more than happy to let me test drive it. Guess the moral of this story is treat buyers like crap and you dont sell cars. Also if I were those salesmen, I would have picked up on the little cue that I wasn't just browsing and I was genuinely interested in the car when I didn't didn't bat an eye at a single other car in the showroom.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #18
cleverclive
Rep

DVD it was just a simple analogy like, "you wouldn't know if you liked steak until you tried it".
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Ok, well I haven't been on the forum for a while, but its funny what has unfolded in my absence. First the reason I walked in so fast is because I had just rushed down from delray to check out the car and I had somewhere to be. I didnt have time to drool all over the lambos and porches. I know what I want, I have been looking for a stick 135 for over 3 months and finally there is one that could end my anticipation of whether or not it suits me. SO of course I am a little abrupt in asking for a test drive. I have test drove the auto and I know all the other details of the car so there is no need for the square dance. As for sweating like a pig and my shirt half off, which makes me laugh by the way. The reason for that is I drive a 97 m3 that has no AC and the engine bay heat is for some inexplicable reason directed at my feet through what used to be AC ducts. So to add to the 100 degree miami weather w/ no AC my black on black m3 is literally cooking me alive after say 20 minutes of driving. Its a wonder I didnt buy the car on the spot to avoid the wretched drive home. I went to the door and tried to open it as any normal human being would... it was locked and so I tried the other. Just for readers knowledge, I think epic has embellished his story just a tad. At any rate even after I had "walked in like a bull and nearly broke down the doors" the two salesmen in question have not even lifted a toe to come and help me. I approached them and simply asked if I could check out the 135. They proceed to repeat the question to me. I was a bit taken back but I just said yeah. They looked at each other and gave each other the look of "another f***** person who's not worth standing up for". I picked up on this and got more to the point, " can I test drive the car"? They immediately retorted, "we don;t allow our cars to be test drove". At that point I knew it was a hopeless cause. At no point was I rude until they treated me as a second rate buyer (as someone else had put it). If being sweaty and in a rush denies me the right to buy a car from them then there is nothing I can do. I was not rude, but more to the point. At any rate I purchased a car this weekend and ironically it was sweaty in a wife beater and the salesman was more than happy to let me test drive it. Guess the moral of this story is treat buyers like crap and you dont sell cars. Also if I were those salesmen, I would have picked up on the little cue that I wasn't just browsing and I was genuinely interested in the car when I didn't didn't bat an eye at a single other car in the showroom.

Which dealership did you end up buying from?
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2009, 02:48 PM   #20
cleverclive
Rep

unfortunately I was unable to find the car that had the configuration I wanted so I ended up buying a is350 auto from infinity of coconut creek as a car to hold me over for a year. It was just too much of an inconvenience to have no ac in summer south florida weather. After which i'll hand it over to my mom (the lease on her car ends in one year and she only drives an auto) and hopefully there will be more cars that I would like (335 or 135 mt with certain options) in my price range.
The air conditioned seats are pretty sweet though i must say. But I truly miss the driving experience from my M there really is no comparison. When I graduate from dental school I plan to fix it up.
Appreciate 0