E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Another close encounter with a new coupe...

08-25-2006, 08:46 PM   #1
RJD
Roundel Convert
Rep
Drives: Space Grey 335i

Another close encounter with a new coupe...

Hey all-

Im a long time lurker to the board, but I thought i'd share the joys of seeing this beauty. It was one of the Demo 328s, jet black with beige. Premium, no sport and some of the other goodies. First of all, as people have mentioned before, it looks a TON better in person. I actually got the sense that it looked a little like a small 5 series from the front with the lights on. While I know that many of you would rather not imagine another Bangle-ized car, it was just a thought and a fleeting one at that. Other first impressions were just how fluid all the lines came together all around the car. From the front, it looked wide and low.

As you get into it, granted im not a huge fan of the cream beige interior, it was very spacious and invited you to push all the buttons. Then I sat in the back. Dear lord! I could not believe how much room there was. Coming from an older 4 door Audi, there was more room back there I think than in my old car. My CA sat in the front with the seat all the way back and the back also tilted more towards me, and I still was not able to touch the seat in front of me. You could actually recline if you wanted to allowing for more comfortable positions on longer journeys. Plus the added niceties of having those cool little storage areas and the a/c vents was a definite plus.

We went for a short drive, I mean just around the block literally, so I cant really say anything about the real performance, but I can say that its no slouch, but doesnt really inspire either. It would be a perfect economical car for someone still looking for very nice luxury and that great german name. I cant wait to get my hands on my 335i when it arrives...IN OCTOBER. Bah! Damn Navigation delay!

Sorry about the photos...I cant seem to post them right, so attachments for now.
Attached Images

08-25-2006, 08:51 PM   #2
RJD
Roundel Convert
Rep

more pics...

More pics...and seeing the outgoing M3 next to it, the M felt like a much older car.
Attached Images

08-25-2006, 08:53 PM   #3
RJD
Roundel Convert
Rep

last ones...I also liked the compass in the mirror. I had envisioned something more like an american version where they had to black out the mirror and add some green lighted monstrosity there. This was almost hidden and not too loud.
Attached Images

08-25-2006, 08:56 PM   #4
ashecnc
In the delivery business :)
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i Jet Black/Black

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
great pics

Born 10/05 '06 325i Jet Black, Black, Sport Package, Xenon's, Heated Seats & Power, Sat. Prep, Rear Spoiler, Chrome Tips, Blacklines, Chrome Grills, 19" M5 wheels NO MORE run flats, drives like a dream now
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 09:14 PM   #5
NuovoTech
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 1996 318ti

Question

Quote:
Then I sat in the back...
Just a question about getting into the back seat: Does just the front seat back move forward, or is there some way the whole seat mechanism jumps forward?
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2006, 09:30 PM   #6
RJD
Roundel Convert
Rep

its actually a two part thing...there is a lever to pull to lean the seat back forward, then there is a back/forward button to press to motor the whole seat back and forth. It isnt a super quick process, but it works all the same. I actually really like the G35 way of doing it, just pull the lever and the seat folds and moves back or forth automatically.