BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

BPM

07-07-2009, 10:22 PM   #1
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 M8C convertible

Garage List
Wheel rash

I'm looking for a recommendation for a shop to repair wheel rash (fortunately not the M3). Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #2
Robo Squirrel
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

me too, as of this morning
      07-08-2009, 09:56 AM   #3
NSM
Modeldater
Rep
Drives: BSM M6 Vert & BSM 1M

www.rimpro.com

You can both PM me. I can arrange to take the wheels in for you as well as get you a discount.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2009, 08:37 PM   #4
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I spoke with my SA at Chambers and he arranged to have their guy do it for $100 per wheel. This is not the perfect job that Rimpro will do (complete refinishing) but will be good enough not to notice. I'm going to give this a try and if it doesn't work out may go the Rimpro route. Thanks NSM for the offer!

BTW, unfortunately they told me that the M3 OEM 18 and 19 can't be done this way. The paint on the inside is hard (nearly impossible to match) and the polished part is also hard to fix without a complete refinishing.

Fortunately for me this is for the wife's 335.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 09:48 AM   #5
rockd
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 Z4 35i M-Sport 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCH View Post
BTW, unfortunately they told me that the M3 OEM 18 and 19 can't be done this way. The paint on the inside is hard (nearly impossible to match) and the polished part is also hard to fix without a complete refinishing.
REALLY? I got the wheel and tire warranty (the one that covers curb rash, too)... so what would they do if I brought it in to get fixed when I curb it? Seems strange to me
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #6
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Rockd - I don't know what they would do. I've read other posts where this has been mentioned as well so I'm pretty sure it is correct. In fact, I had a small rock chip on one of my 19" OEMs and Rickrack - a superb detailer - couldn't make it perfect although he fixed it to the point where only I notice it.

The standard silver BMW wheels are not an issue as they are painted. The warranty probably was written to cover those wheels. However, since they issued it to you, I would think you have a good case to argue that they would need to fix them.

This is in part why I am going with the silver finish on the RAC buy - the silver finish can be fixed but not the anthracite or gunmetal finishes.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2009, 08:38 PM   #7
rockd
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Rockd - I don't know what they would do. I've read other posts where this has been mentioned as well so I'm pretty sure it is correct. In fact, I had a small rock chip on one of my 19" OEMs and Rickrack - a superb detailer - couldn't make it perfect although he fixed it to the point where only I notice it.

The standard silver BMW wheels are not an issue as they are painted. The warranty probably was written to cover those wheels. However, since they issued it to you, I would think you have a good case to argue that they would need to fix them.

This is in part why I am going with the silver finish on the RAC buy - the silver finish can be fixed but not the anthracite or gunmetal finishes.
You know Rick? He's a good guy... did my G coupe a little while ago.

Well, if they can't fix my gunmetal 18's, I guess they'll just have to replace them. And the warranty specifically says it covers cosmetic damage, so they have no way around it. Good luck with the fix, bro!
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 04:54 AM   #8
WCH
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Got my wife's car back and the rims look like new. Better than I expected.

Rick detailed my M3 and arranged for my Ventureshield. He does great work.

As you for wheels, seems like you have a strong case. Are you enjoying your car?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #9
rockd
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Got my wife's car back and the rims look like new. Better than I expected.

Rick detailed my M3 and arranged for my Ventureshield. He does great work.

As you for wheels, seems like you have a strong case. Are you enjoying your car?
Yes I am! I'm a sucker for controlled drifting, and this car just loves to go sideways... Plus, I love that the car is very "two-faced." With traction control on and all settings at comfort/normal, the car is well-mannered, easy to control, and a great cruiser. But when you turn DSC off and set everything to sport, it just turns into a ferocious beast thats ready to break loose at any second.

So just curious - are you gonna be at BMW Fest this weekend? If so, PM me for my number and we can meet up there
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 05:42 AM   #10
Mean_M3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 coupe

Hey, so, I read this thread, do any of you guys have clear bra? if so, how much did it cost you to get it installed? thanks!
Appreciate 0