E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > first bmw 335xi

06-29-2009, 04:16 PM   #1
Jrlelli
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

first bmw 335xi

I am a new owner of a bmw 335xi. i previously had a 06 wrx. This is a big change between. I have a few questions. What are some good intakes for this car. or is it even worth it to buy one now at the engine's stock level. also what are some good venders for this site. Also, the orange reflective corner is ugly. I would like to clear it or smoke it. Is there any sites that offer any of these options. This is it for now, but there will be more to come. thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
Bangthemidget
Banned
Rep
Drives: soon

Jb3 All The Way!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 04:27 PM   #3
Jrlelli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangthemidget View Post
Jb3 All The Way!
whats JB3
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
Kruz
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Summers: 235/40/18 265/35/18 Hankook Ventus V12 on VMR 701s
A/S: 225/40/18 255/35/18 Pirelli PZero Nero M+S on OEM 162s
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
ablangc
Rep
Drives: 2009 Jet Black 335i

I was in your shoes a few weeks ago. JB3=Juicebox 3

http://www.burgertuning.com

One of the best mods you can do to your car. Want an intake for your car?

http://www.burgertuning.com/jb3pnp.html

There are a lot of sites out there that sell this and without a doubt will be one of your best bang for the buck mods.

Appreciate 0
      06-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #6
CollinsE90
Where my bitches
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cadillac coupe deville

lots of good vendors JLEVI SW has the reflector covers as well as others for your LCI(Life Cycle Impulse) fancy term for your car got a facelift since the 08
      06-29-2009, 05:27 PM   #7
Spydeputy
Brigadier General
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2015 F23 M235i/2008,E90,335xi

Garage List
now u r the king of the hill !

enjoy
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2009, 06:22 PM   #8
cotmfk
Major General
Rep
Drives: M3

Congrats on the car!
      07-01-2009, 09:09 AM   #9
reprod
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 ZCP

KWv1 coilovers!!!.... this would be my first mod since that car will need a drop...

Im currently running a 335xi coupe and I know that the drop was necessary especially since the XI suspension isnt as tight as the I suspension... I would pick handling over acceleration first especially since you are in NJ.

Enjoy the natural engine first and then boost it!!! It will make you love the JB3 that much more. Keep in mind that if you are caught with the JB3 in there any dealer having a bad day can void your powertrain warranty. Do some thorough searching around here.

Did you have any mods on the WRX?
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 09:14 AM   #10
wakeboarder109
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: in High Country

I came from an 03 WRX to my current 335xi coupe. It's one hell of an upgrade, enjoy. Definitely search around and check the vendor section of the forum.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 10:08 AM   #11
Jrlelli
Private First Class
Rep

awesome thanks for the help everyone. ill deff check out those things.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 10:20 AM   #12
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

welcome aboard and please post some pics when you can

we stock intakes and bmw accessories, just let me know!
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 09:06 AM   #13
Jrlelli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprod View Post
KWv1 coilovers!!!.... this would be my first mod since that car will need a drop...

Im currently running a 335xi coupe and I know that the drop was necessary especially since the XI suspension isnt as tight as the I suspension... I would pick handling over acceleration first especially since you are in NJ.

Enjoy the natural engine first and then boost it!!! It will make you love the JB3 that much more. Keep in mind that if you are caught with the JB3 in there any dealer having a bad day can void your powertrain warranty. Do some thorough searching around here.

Did you have any mods on the WRX?

where i live in nj it wouldnt be too good to lower the car since the roads out here are really shitty. Man that JB3 sounds like a good idea but on the other hand the voiding part doesn't sound too good. It was a stg 2 cobb, full tbe, ss, and some sways, really didnt get to crazy cuz i knew i wouldnt be keeping it for that long. Unlike, this car, I will try to keep it longer than the WRX. Believe me i dont think i will be able to get any other vehicle now since i am an owner of a BMW.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 09:10 AM   #14
Jrlelli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92-Lighting View Post
welcome aboard and please post some pics when you can

we stock intakes and bmw accessories, just let me know!

what are some good intakes for the 335i? i jus look under the hood and i start to shake because i dont want to mess around with something in this car. Is the install of an intake on these cars easy or is it a PITA?
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 09:42 AM   #15
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '11 X5 35i / '13 S5

IMO i wouldn't get an intake unless your getting a tune as well. But to answer the question, Vishnu has a DCI as well as BMS (burger motorsports (JB3 manufacturer), you could also go with the INJEN intake (which looks pretty sweet). You may experience some increased sound from the engine, but it will do very little in the way of performance increase, but that's just my .02 cents... I do have a tune (PROcede) but I just bought a drop in replacement filter. IF I were you, I would get your tune (PROcede or JB3+BT tool). IF your worried about warranty, I would skip out on the intake, because some stealership can be jerks about that sort of thing... Hell if your really worried about warranty, forget the tune too, but that's what the BT tool is for, to clear your codes (if you have the JB3), or if you go PROcede route, it can clear codes already.

BMW X5 35i: Boopie Exhaust & Intercooler, K&N Drop in Filter, JB3 (3+ psi)
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #16
Jrlelli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army335xi View Post
IMO i wouldn't get an intake unless your getting a tune as well. But to answer the question, Vishnu has a DCI as well as BMS (burger motorsports (JB3 manufacturer), you could also go with the INJEN intake (which looks pretty sweet). You may experience some increased sound from the engine, but it will do very little in the way of performance increase, but that's just my .02 cents... I do have a tune (PROcede) but I just bought a drop in replacement filter. IF I were you, I would get your tune (PROcede or JB3+BT tool). IF your worried about warranty, I would skip out on the intake, because some stealership can be jerks about that sort of thing... Hell if your really worried about warranty, forget the tune too, but that's what the BT tool is for, to clear your codes (if you have the JB3), or if you go PROcede route, it can clear codes already.
i appreciate ur input. i was kinda hesitant on a Intake. so the JB3 does not clear codes? i have to get a separate device for code clearing? Also, is the PROcede more expensive than the JB3 or about the same price? thaks for the help. This BMW world, (coming out of WRX territory) is confusing but i guess that is what this site is for, haha.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2009, 10:56 AM   #17
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

No the JB3 does not clear codes, I think (and people can correct me if I'm wrong) the JB3 PNP is about $500 or so, then the Bavarian Technics Tool is about $200-300 for the Enthusiast version, so your looking at about $700-$800, so that you can run a tune and clear codes, performance is awesome from what people say (there are tons of tuner wars on which one is better between JB3 and PROcede) I say get what appeals to you.. I got the PROcede which ran me about $950, but it has the ability to clear codes already built in... Both tunes are excellent choices, but it's more about what you decide is best, i'm not gonna bad mouth the JB3, as I don't have one, but I am happy with the PROcede. I'm new to the tuning scene (as far as BMW goes) but always willing to offer a advice (non biased) I'd say you can't go wrong with either tune (although others will disagree) They both have their strong and weak points, i think the only weak point for the PROcede is it's price, the only weak point on the JB3 is the inability to clear codes without the BT tool... Others will point out other weak points in both tunes, but like i've stated, YOU have to decide which is better for you... GL and search is your friend, you'll learn alot, as long as you know who to listen to and who to ignore...

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T: CAI, Catch Can, Custom Exhaust, Headers, 87MM Throttle Body, Diablo Custom 93 OCT Tune
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 10:05 AM   #18
Jrlelli
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army335xi View Post
No the JB3 does not clear codes, I think (and people can correct me if I'm wrong) the JB3 PNP is about $500 or so, then the Bavarian Technics Tool is about $200-300 for the Enthusiast version, so your looking at about $700-$800, so that you can run a tune and clear codes, performance is awesome from what people say (there are tons of tuner wars on which one is better between JB3 and PROcede) I say get what appeals to you.. I got the PROcede which ran me about $950, but it has the ability to clear codes already built in... Both tunes are excellent choices, but it's more about what you decide is best, i'm not gonna bad mouth the JB3, as I don't have one, but I am happy with the PROcede. I'm new to the tuning scene (as far as BMW goes) but always willing to offer a advice (non biased) I'd say you can't go wrong with either tune (although others will disagree) They both have their strong and weak points, i think the only weak point for the PROcede is it's price, the only weak point on the JB3 is the inability to clear codes without the BT tool... Others will point out other weak points in both tunes, but like i've stated, YOU have to decide which is better for you... GL and search is your friend, you'll learn alot, as long as you know who to listen to and who to ignore...
thanks man. this is all still confusing to me. yea hopefully i will find out who to listen too n not to listen too. hmm does each tune have about the same power increases?
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2009, 10:41 AM   #19
D.B.S
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrlelli View Post
thanks man. this is all still confusing to me. yea hopefully i will find out who to listen too n not to listen too. hmm does each tune have about the same power increases?
I believe the JB3 has a larger increase in power over the PROcede (based on which map you use, and what supporting mods you have). But as the many tuner wars go: THE JB3 pushes your car to the limit, but at what cost to reliability in the long run, the PROcede gives you more protection, but at the cost of reduced performance (in comparison to the JB3).

PERSONALLY, i think both tunes are great, depending on what your looking for... I don't know of any engines exploding with either tunes (not that i really have searched for that), but as the saying goes, You Have To Pay To Play.

Take everything you read on here (and other forums) with a grain of salt. IF you want ultimate performance, go with the JB3 (but make sure you get the BT Tool), if you want that extra level of safety (perceived or other) get the PROcede (no BT tool required)... I firmly sit in the PRO**** camp, but seeing how I have no experience with the JB3 I can't tell you to stay away or try them... IF you are feeling really bold, buy both the JB3 and PROcede and try them both out (not at the same time, because stacking tunes is a no no). If you like the JB3 or PROcede, just return the other one (if they let you, check on their return policy). Whatever choice you make will be a good one for YOU, doesn't matter what anyone else says...

Appreciate 0