E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Best BMW dealers in the NY/Long Island area?

07-28-2005, 07:15 PM   #1
X kelliente X
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Arrow Best BMW dealers in the NY/Long Island area?

I've been mostly looking at Rallye, Bayside, Habberstad, Oyster Bay and Hassel. What are your experiences?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2005, 08:11 PM   #2
wish1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Lexus sc400

Quote:
Originally Posted by X kelliente X
I've been mostly looking at Rallye, Bayside, Habberstad, Oyster Bay and Hassel. What are your experiences?
In shopping for my car I've had firsthand experience with Habberstad, Oyster Bay and Hassel. And Westchester and Pace in Westchester county. I really researched this purchase.

My overall opinion of BMW retailers in general is that they leave much to be desired in the area of customer service. I did not have a positive experience in any of these dealers mentioned. My experiences ranged from poor service and non-service to arrogant and insulting.

I also learned that the people who follow and participate in these forums know infinitely more about these cars than do the dealers. They are generally too arrogant to acquaint themselves with the products they sell. The prevailing attitude is that BMWs sell themselves. All BMW sales and service people should be required to visit virtually any Lexus showroom to experience the level of service that should accompany a premium purchase.

That being said, I did visit Lexus, and bought a BMW. And I did so at Wide World of Cars in Spring Valley, Rockland county. Not close to me by any means but definetly worth the trip. In sharp contrast to the aforementioned dealers, their attitude is one of service to the customer and gratitude for my business. And while I am not strictly a price shopper, they readily agreed to $1500 off MSRP simply for asking. Overall a very positive experience. I will take my car there for service too.
      08-02-2005, 11:53 AM   #3
desibimmer
Rep
Drives: 2006 325

rallye has good prices but the sales associates are a bunch o a-holes after they sell you the car. habberstad sucked, they were arrogant and did not discount much. hassel has nice sales men but prices are not as competitive as rallye.
imho i would go for rallye just for good prices, ignore the service.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2005, 08:26 AM   #4
AndOJones
NTP 2AD FYG TDB
Rep
Drives: Acura TSX

LIFE QUALITY (2 Locations in Brooklyn)

1 in a white neighborhood (bay ridge)
1 in a black neighborhood (canarsie)

both dealerships suck.
Life Quality in Canarsie is even worse, plain out suck no service
or either have to wait in line while they ignore you.
      08-03-2005, 09:08 AM   #5
impulsebrklyn
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i Jet Black

Life Quality in Canarsie. AnnaMarie was our sales person. Excellent sales person, very helpful, very nice and accomodating. Leased one car from her and I bought my 330i from her. Great price on both vehicles. However I cant comment past the sales point since we will be receiving our 525xi tommorow. My 330i wont be here till Sept. Thanks Chris
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 09:42 AM   #6
AndOJones
NTP 2AD FYG TDB
Rep
Drives: Acura TSX

impulsebrklyn, you had a good sales person, because when I went there I was ignored, treated like garbage.

I ended up getting my vehicle from HABBERSTAD out on the Island,
It was such a pleasant experience..
      08-05-2005, 06:32 PM   #7
tdc
always notorious
Rep
Drives: beater

Quote:
Originally Posted by desibimmer
rallye has good prices but the sales associates are a bunch o a-holes after they sell you the car. habberstad sucked, they were arrogant and did not discount much. hassel has nice sales men but prices are not as competitive as rallye.
imho i would go for rallye just for good prices, ignore the service.
Mind if I ask who your salesperson was? So I can avoid them.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2005, 07:58 PM   #8
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

When I lived on LI, I used to go to Competition BMW. They never really gave me the time of day or much of a break off MSRP.

So I moved to VA...
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2010, 08:51 AM   #9
joelc73
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90

Great experience at Hassel. My SA was Sandy S. She was fantastic.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2010, 12:37 AM   #10
sarceur
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325xi

I'm curently shoping for a new 335 coupe and went to Hassel, Rally and Bayside and manhattan.
I need to trade in 2006 325xi at the same time. the only place where they were willing to really work out a deal with me was hassel.
Rally didn't even look at my car and try to push me to a 335is that was ontheir showroom, BMW manhattan didn't lookat the car either and gave me the run around and bayside told me that my car wasn't worth anything anymore and kept onpushing me to a sedan.

So for the experience I had between those 4 dealership, Hassel is way better than the other and will probably go back there to do a deal.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 10:26 PM   #11
purpl3ish
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 G80 Velvet Orchid M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarceur View Post
I'm curently shoping for a new 335 coupe and went to Hassel, Rally and Bayside and manhattan.
I need to trade in 2006 325xi at the same time. the only place where they were willing to really work out a deal with me was hassel.
Rally didn't even look at my car and try to push me to a 335is that was ontheir showroom, BMW manhattan didn't lookat the car either and gave me the run around and bayside told me that my car wasn't worth anything anymore and kept onpushing me to a sedan.

So for the experience I had between those 4 dealership, Hassel is way better than the other and will probably go back there to do a deal.
Try Pace in Mamaroneck
Appreciate 0