BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-17-2009, 11:04 AM   #1
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Interested In Track Event Gathering

Any one interested in a track event gathering? If there are enough people, we can rent a track, do drag racing and track solo, BBQ and chating in between runs and check out other people's nice rides. Any one interested?
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 12:02 AM   #2
frimmelnojerz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Montego blue 135i

where?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #3
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by frimmelnojerz View Post
where?
x2

Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

There are several tracks around Atlanta (within 2 hours driving distance) or find something in the surrounding states (wihtin 4-5 hours drivning distance) and we can invite more people. It was fun last time I attent one of those track event gathering.
7/08 135 Coupe, Crimson Red, 6 SP, Sport, Taupe Lette/Aluminum. Performance Mods: JB4 on Map 5, BMS DP Fix V3, Injen polished intake, AR Catless DP, Maddad resonated mid-pipes, aFe exhaust polished tips, ST Suspension Coil Over and Hotchkis front sway bar. Others: BMS OCC, BT Scanner, Mud Flap. Next Mods: AA Front Strut Brace.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 01:29 PM   #5
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i Coupe

Oh YES!!!! I'd be really interested.

Talladege Grand Prix is affordable but no elevations. Still a fun little course. i'll be there for a 1 day Driver's school with Phil Wicks on July 13.
I'm crazy for seat time and know the track well.

TGPR is in Munford, AL

I'd really love to do Barber cause I haven't yet.
      06-18-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

Road course or 1/4 mile?

I can't drive in a straight line.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:20 PM   #7
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3bs View Post
Road course or 1/4 mile?

I can't drive in a straight line.
OMG... me either!
Can't believe you've never heard of it.
Here are a couple a links for your amusement.
http://www.tgprace.com/
      06-18-2009, 03:31 PM   #8
m3bs
Captain
Rep
Drives: 95 S54 M3, X5, GT4, GR Corolla

Quote:
Originally Posted by One&Only View Post
OMG... me either!
Can't believe you've never heard of it.
Here are a couple a links for your amusement.
http://www.tgprace.com/
I'm familiar with TGP. From the original post, it sounded like he had 1/4 mile in mind.

We could probably just pick an existing scheduled track event, and just have everybody try to sign up for it early. Renting a track and associated workers, safety crew, etc. gets to be a big deal. MVP has an event in early September at VIR that might be a good one. MDA is also a good group to run with, and they are doing VIR at the end of August.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
My135
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives:

Some tracks have both 1/4 mile and a full course track (1-2 miles), or we can join other existing organized events with other groups. If there are enough interested here, we can organized our own. I beleive the minimum number of people is 20 and 30 is ideal that we can split the cost. Last time, I paid $50 for 1/4 mile and $150 for a 1/4 and full course track seat time. A lot of 1/4 mile runs and 5 full track runs since we do solo or put no more than 4 cars on the track and pace them 1/4 mile apart in order to avoild accident.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #10
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by My135 View Post
Some tracks have both 1/4 mile and a full course track (1-2 miles), or we can join other existing organized events with other groups. If there are enough interested here, we can organized our own. I believe the minimum number of people is 20 and 30 is ideal that we can split the cost. Last time, I paid $50 for 1/4 mile and $150 for a 1/4 and full course track seat time. A lot of 1/4 mile runs and 5 full track runs since we do solo or put no more than 4 cars on the track and pace them 1/4 mile apart in order to avoid accident.
I just did a driver's school at VIR Memorial day...was a blast...The turn at "Oak Tree" will eat the meat right offa your tires. lol
The school was made up of MINIs, Motorcycles, Me & a few Corvettes..We were divided into 3 groups, Motorcycles, intermediates & advanced.
We did the South track which is 1.64 miles...also had a Solo 1 which was just for MINIs. I never really got why this was the case.

A trip from Atlanta to VIR ain't a short hop. But I enjoyed the track so much I'd go again this summer or fall.
      06-22-2009, 06:25 PM   #11
Call
Call
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i, 08 & 07 X5, 05 MCSC

I'm thinking about the July 13th event at TGP I'll have to verify I have enough room with the helmet. I'll leave Paris at home and bring NoBlinG...if I go.

I'm also thinking it would be good to go over on Sunday afternoon, party a little and then get up and go to the track in the AM like we usually do for the two day event.

Call
      06-22-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
rodi
. . .
Rep
Drives: your FACE!

i'm in. need dates. first half of july is pretty packed for me, though.

Appreciate 0
      06-22-2009, 06:51 PM   #13
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Hey rodi the date is July 13 at TGPR. Hope to cya.

Call, I'll see you Sunday evening. I'm gettin motul & stainless steel brake lines maybe this FRI. Think i'm ready for both Rd Atl on the 4th & TGPR on th 13th. Can't wait!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Call View Post
I'm thinking about the July 13th event at TGP I'll have to verify I have enough room with the helmet. I'll leave Paris at home and bring NoBlinG...if I go.

I'm also thinking it would be good to go over on Sunday afternoon, party a little and then get up and go to the track in the AM like we usually do for the two day event.

Call
      06-22-2009, 09:01 PM   #14
Call
Call
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by One&Only View Post
Hey rodi the date is July 13 at TGPR. Hope to cya.

Call, I'll see you Sunday evening. I'm gettin motul & stainless steel brake lines maybe this FRI. Think i'm ready for both Rd Atl on the 4th & TGPR on th 13th. Can't wait!
I got Way to install the ssbl's & motul several months ago...that's very good move.

You will see me Sunday evening? Did I miss something?

Call
      06-23-2009, 11:30 AM   #15
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Call
My reference was to this post by you....I'm also planning to go over to TGPR on the Sunday the 12th ...to go to the track on the 13th the next morning.
I was saying that I'd see you then....Guess you missed that & I got confused about which track day you were talking about. USE DATES Please!!!
      06-23-2009, 01:33 PM   #16
Call
Call
United_States
Rep

Yes ma'am

Call
      06-23-2009, 02:00 PM   #17
One&Only
Only 1 n Rome
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes ma'am

Call
Awe you're sweet to me even when I act like a b ich.
I really didn't mean to. I was using the pearl's tiny keyboard when I fired that one off last night. It was a haste thing not a personal thing.

As you know I've been getting the 1 ready for Rd Atl lately. When I bought new tires, I saved 1 of the front RFs to use as a spare & just ordered a Tire Rack special wheel. It's a $99 Moda. I'm having it shipped to GTE for mounting.
The helmet I ordered should be here today.
Everything's falling into place.
I won't forget about you're little matter you told me about. Just remind me of the exact date. Ok.
Lov ya man!
      07-03-2009, 08:26 AM   #18
Feffman
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Good Morning:

MVP Track Time (www.MVPTrackTime.com) is hosting it’s first annual “Flyin Turkey Trot” track weekend at Road Atlanta November 21 - 22, 2009. All are welcome and invited to join us for the on-track fun.

Visit our web site for details and/or registration (on line or mail-in registration) for Road Atlanta and all our 2009 track events. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call me at (314) 249-3770 or e-mail Feffman@MVPTrackTime.com.

Happy Motoring and I hope to see you at Road Atlanta!

Mark “Feff” Pfeffer
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2009, 06:57 PM   #19
willie1320
USN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i 09/ M235i 15/ M240i 22

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
"Let's Get Together" South florida this friday .....Miami and Fort Lauderdale

MIAMI – Homestead-Miami Speedway's Test and Tune has been a smash hit ever since its opening night with more than 600 attendees.

Law enforcement and advocacy groups long have sought safe alternatives to illegal street racing that plagues South Florida roadways. To combat this dangerous activity, Homestead-Miami Speedway is proud to announce the development of the “Test & Tune” experience, whereby car enthusiasts can test and tune their street-legal vehicles on a 1/8-mile course.

“People all over South Florida are aware of the dangers posed by illegal street racing,” said Gray. “Pick up a paper or watch the news, and you’re likely to come across an accident that occurred due to street racing. Well, the way to bring about change is through education and by offering alternatives, and Homestead- Miami Speedway is taking the lead with the 1/8th Mile Test & Tune at THE Championship Track.”

“I think it’s great that the Speedway has come up with this option,” said Homestead Mayor Lynda Bell. “Illegal racing is extremely dangerous, and the track is providing participants a chance to test their cars and skills without jeopardizing themselves and innocent people on public roadways.”

Gwynn, a South Florida resident and one of the NHRA’s Top 50 All-Time Drivers, was paralyzed in a 1990 racing incident. In 2002, he formed the Darrell Gwynn Foundation to improve the quality of life for those afflicted with paralysis, and to provide wheelchairs to kids and young adults. Gwynn also introduced legislation paving the way for Florida Spinal Cord Injury Awareness Week—the first of its kind in the US

Just for $25 WHY NOT????????
Appreciate 0