BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

06-07-2009, 11:44 PM   #1
Nutballa
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F13 M6 // BMW F22 M235i

Forza MotorSports 3! For those who can't afford a Ferrari.

If you have an Xbox 360 and love cars games, this is the game to look into getting. Turn 10 company is going to release a third installment of the Forza Franchise! HD graphics, new cars, race tracks, and highly
customizable/modifiable cars!
Sit down Grand Turismo, hah.

Here are some Screen shots.

That's a AW 135i

"Power is nothing without Control" - Pirelli.

Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #2
darkphantom
Banned
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Awesome, except there is a thread in the OT>video games section :P
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 12:53 AM   #3
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

there's already a thread on forza 3. a big one.

anyways, i don't think GT5 will hold a candle to this game for a few reasons.

1) the GT series (including prologue) has always handled too unrealistically. the physics engine is nowhere near as advanced. it's hard to judge speed when your car doesn't exhibit typical behaviors.

2) customization. face it, who wants to drive stock? all of my favorite cars are modded to some extent in forza. wheels, suspension, engine, transmission, etc etc. don't forget PAINTING.

3) crash/damage modeling/rollover. ok, so it seems that GT5 will finally have damage modeling, and it's about time. there's little info on its extent. forza will feature more realistic (in comparison to forza 2) damage modeling and rollover.

4) MUCH better AI. the AI in the GT series has always sucked. too calculated.

i personally own GT4 and i think it's the most overhyped series ever. biggest waste of $30 ever. i've played GT Prologue on my friend's PS3 and the only advancements were the graphics. i also played at the BMW Welt using a performance steering wheel. that was pretty tight but the game wasn't any better haha.
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2009, 03:38 AM   #4
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I agree with Bimmer Loyalist and I don't even on an XBox360. Played Forza 1 on XBox (when I owned an XBox) and have played/owned every incarnation of Gran Turismo. Forza does not look as good graphically, but the gameplay and physics are much better.

Face it, Gran Turismo 4 looks better than Forza 1 & 2 by leaps and bounds. However, the pics from above look much better than any of the previous Forza's. Maybe even better than Gran Turismo?

Furthermore, it seems that all of the Japanese cars run slightly better than they do in real life.
Appreciate 0