BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board Video + PC Gaming / Computing

06-06-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Wii Has Some Fun Looking Stuff Coming!

Metroid: Other M looks good. I guess it's Samus' daughter? Anyway, it looks a little more brutal, and back to it's 2D roots with maybe some first person aiming at times. It's done by Team Ninja, the same group that did Ninja Gaiden on XBox. I liked the end of the trailer had that traditional Metroid song (notable for title screen of Super Metroid). It's good to see this game back with a Japanese flair (I didn't like the Prime series at all).

I downloaded Final Fantasy IV: The After Years earlier this morning. Final Fantasy IV was my favorite of the Final Fantasy games (even more than the more popular VII). I'm a little disappointed by it: it plays out in episodes, and for any of you who took any college English know that episodic plots (as regarded by Plato) are the worst; and they are! It's good to get the old 16-bit graphics and sound feel back for nolstagia but, I have to actually say I prefer the old Super Famicom (SNES) game's sound and graphics! I wouldn't recommend it to someone who's just a mild fan, and if you absolutely loved IV, this may really let you down. I would recommend it to you if you don't mind an episodic plot and having to download extra episodes. The characters did not mature the way I thought they would after IV had ended...

New Super Mario Bros Wii looks really fun. It's perfect 2-D sidescrolling platform action...you can even play it 2-player co-op; wait there's more. You can play it 4-player co-op! I can't wait for this game!

Resident Evil 1 Remake using Wiimote! This was the best RE game ever. It had creepy music, a creepy atmosphere, and a Sci-Fi twist at the end. It wasn't action, it was survival horror. It will be great to re-live this: limited ammo, creepy game. Understandably, releasing this game in the US as Bio Hazard would've given the Sci-Fi twist away. All the RE games after this one didn't live up to the original: a huge spooky mansion in the middle of nowhere with a secret underneath it. A huge courtyard to explore and a guard house!

Last edited by Mega Man; 06-06-2009 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 12:33 PM   #2
jpsum
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 TSX

Do you have some sort of affiliation with Nintendo?

JK
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
951's 330i
Lieutenant Colonel
Mexico
Rep
Drives: E90 330i, 95 RB-S14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega Man View Post
[B]Resident Evil 1 Remake using Wiimote! This was the best RE game ever. It had creepy music, a creepy atmosphere, and a Sci-Fi twist at the end. It wasn't action, it was survival horror. It will be great to re-live this: limited ammo, creepy game. Understandably, releasing this game in the US as Bio Hazard would've given the Sci-Fi twist away. All the RE games after this one didn't live up to the original: a huge spooky mansion in the middle of nowhere with a secret underneath it. A huge courtyard to explore and a guard house!
+1. The first resident evil was the Ish. And i mean the 1st, not the remake for the GC. The music was way scarier and the game in general was as well imo. Although the upgrade in graphics were good though

2006 E90-Running like brand new again. Take that insurance company
95 S14-Sold
95 S14 Rb25det-Vrom Shhh
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 02:27 PM   #4
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsum View Post
Do you have some sort of affiliation with Nintendo?
No...but that would be awesome if I did!
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #5
Mega Man
エアーマンが倒せない
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
Update on Final Fantasy IV: The After Years. I wouldn't recommend this at all. The game costs 800 Wii Points ($8). It's really short, you can finish it in a few hours. That's fine for an $8 game, but as I stated before, it's episodic. You play it in episodes. Without revealing spoilers, after you finish your $8 game, the story ends the same way a TV show would, with a cliff hanger and nothing resolved. You're then confronted with the option to buy the next episode for 300 Wii Points ($3).

So you're going to end up with:
Game: $8
Episodes: $3 x 5 = $15
Total to finish: $23

IMO, it's not worth it. I absolutely loved Final Fantasy IV, and this only destroyed what pre-conceptions I had of the game, the wonderful story it told, and the epilogue after you had finished it. This "after years," destroys it all. It makes me feel sad. And not sad because of the story, but sad because it destroys the wonderful story that IV had already told.
Appreciate 0