E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 'MP3s for Pads Appeal- please give generously'

08-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #1
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
'MP3s for Pads Appeal- please give generously'

One of the UK members (paddywac) was unfortunate enough to have a whole load of his CDs stolen from the boot of his car, as well as other items.

The fact that he probably left the car unlocked overnight, is neither here nor there!

If you feel you are in a position to contribute any mp3s to help this poor, unfortunate individual rebuild his in-car music library, then please post in this thread.

Please give generously & help put a smile back onto the face of this unfortunate victim.

Right then Pads- what albums are you missing?

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2006, 04:42 PM   #2
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 320d m sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
One of the UK members (paddywac) was unfortunate enough to have a whole load of his CDs stolen from the boot of his car, as well as other items.

The fact that he probably left the car unlocked overnight, is neither here nor there!

If you feel you are in a position to contribute any mp3s to help this poor, unfortunate individual rebuild his in-car music library, then please post in this thread.

Please give generously & help put a smile back onto the face of this unfortunate victim.

Right then Pads- what albums are you missing?

Viv
Phew quite a few there Viv, this is quite nice of you by the way cheers mate!

ok lets start with the 60's

Quite a few beatles revolver, sgt peppers, doors (greatest hits) kinks (greatest hits) stones (greatest hits), recent addition Johnny cash (greatest hits), Roy Orbison (greatest hits)

70's

early U2 albums,

80's

all 80's U2 albums, smiths, Joy Division, New order, police (greatest hits), some wacko , simple minds, depeche mode, Duran Duran (greatest hits), A Ha, madonna, crist I can't remember, dire straights, pink floyd, beastie boys, run dmc, NWA, FYC (the raw & the cooked) etc

90's

inspiral carpets, happy mondays, stone roses, electronic, U2 & maddonna, beloved (happiness, blissed out, and the other one) LL, NWA, ICE T, Snoop, Sting, Blur, Oasis, pogues, Red Hot Chilli P's, Tom petty (learning to fly album) the dubliners, Clannad,Apex Twin, crowded house, REM

00's
Ian Brown, Snow patrol, Dre, 50 Cent, radiohead, moby, massive attack, cold play, orbital, james brown, loads others but I cannot remember them all

pretty varied and mixed collection not to everyones taste of course, if anybody can help me recover my collection I will be eternally grateful.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 01:58 AM   #3
SRT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

Damn b**tards! Strangle them if you ever find 'em.
I'll do whatever I can to help Mr. Wac - how do you want us to go about this?

I reckon the new stuff will be a doddle to find, download and burn - but the 70s and 80s could prove difficult, if not impossible. If you assign me a couple of albums, I will get to work on them. Be organised though, if others are helping we don't want clashes in downloads, waste of resources
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 03:35 AM   #4
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
Phew quite a few there Viv, this is quite nice of you by the way cheers mate!

ok lets start with the 60's

Quite a few beatles revolver, sgt peppers, doors (greatest hits) kinks (greatest hits) stones (greatest hits), recent addition Johnny cash (greatest hits), Roy Orbison (greatest hits)

70's

early U2 albums,

80's

all 80's U2 albums, smiths, Joy Division, New order, police (greatest hits), some wacko , simple minds, depeche mode, Duran Duran (greatest hits), A Ha, madonna, crist I can't remember, dire straights, pink floyd, beastie boys, run dmc, NWA, FYC (the raw & the cooked) etc

90's

inspiral carpets, happy mondays, stone roses, electronic, U2 & maddonna, beloved (happiness, blissed out, and the other one) LL, NWA, ICE T, Snoop, Sting, Blur, Oasis, pogues, Red Hot Chilli P's, Tom petty (learning to fly album) the dubliners, Clannad,Apex Twin, crowded house, REM

00's
Ian Brown, Snow patrol, Dre, 50 Cent, radiohead, moby, massive attack, cold play, orbital, james brown, loads others but I cannot remember them all

pretty varied and mixed collection not to everyones taste of course, if anybody can help me recover my collection I will be eternally grateful.
You must understand that I have no personal knowledge of downloading music from the internet.

However, I believe that (if you were so inclined) you could register for a free account here:

http://www.warez-bb.org/

and probably find all of the albums you are missing posted on the internet.

If you sign up for a rapidshare account here:

www.rapidshare.de

Then you will (so I hear) be able to download any rapidshare files at VERY HIGH SPEED (I have heard rumours that people with 14 megabit internet connections can download from rapidshare at 1.4 meg a second - that would be a typical album in about 2 minutes).

If you still had gaps in your collection an easy way to fill them would be to look here:

www.allofmp3.com

'Apparently' you can download entire albums for a little over a dollar having bought credit for this site safely via the paypal system.

All of this would not be 'strictly' legal and so would be between you and your god

Any rumours that I may have just pm'd paddywac with download links for the entire new order discography are of course quite unfounded
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 06:00 AM   #5
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed
You must understand that I have no personal knowledge of downloading music from the internet.

However, I believe that (if you were so inclined) you could register for a free account here:

http://www.warez-bb.org/

and probably find all of the albums you are missing posted on the internet.

If you sign up for a rapidshare account here:

www.rapidshare.de

Then you will (so I hear) be able to download any rapidshare files at VERY HIGH SPEED (I have heard rumours that people with 14 megabit internet connections can download from rapidshare at 1.4 meg a second - that would be a typical album in about 2 minutes).

If you still had gaps in your collection an easy way to fill them would be to look here:

www.allofmp3.com

'Apparently' you can download entire albums for a little over a dollar having bought credit for this site safely via the paypal system.

All of this would not be 'strictly' legal and so would be between you and your god

Any rumours that I may have just pm'd paddywac with download links for the entire new order discography are of course quite unfounded
Of course speaking hypothetically if need for speed had just pm'd me with aforementioned discography I would be eternally grateful and have to buy him a pint if I make it to the next meet

Nice one
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 07:14 AM   #6
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Pads, don't worry I've got the whole back catalogue of the Nolan Sisters. I know they're your favourites and surprised you didn't list them? I will bring all of their chart topping hits along to the next meet.

Apparently they are still going (ooh err) and still in the mood for dancing!

http://www.nolansisters.com/
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 08:36 AM   #7
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddywac
Of course speaking hypothetically if need for speed had just pm'd me with aforementioned discography I would be eternally grateful and have to buy him a pint if I make it to the next meet

Nice one
There is no way I would send you this. And I definitely wouldn't PM you links to the entire discography of 50 cent either.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #8
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Nice work everyone!

There is a nice peer-to-peer system called BitTorrent, which works well, in my experience.

You can download the utorrent client here & find more information about the system here.

I'll get to work on the 90s albums for you, Pads, if that's ok with everyone else.

BTW- I've met Bernie Nolan, her husband & her daughter in the course of my work as a professional 'drug dealer'- she didn't sing for me, for which I was eternally grateful! I also keep in touch with Tom Hingley- ex-frontman of the Inspiral Carpets!

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2006, 01:05 PM   #9
- Paul -
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: see above.

Garage List
2005 320D SE  [10.00]
2005 645  [9.00]
www.mybittorrent.com after utorrent is installed
      08-15-2006, 03:01 PM   #10
vu
vucorp & sons
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 325i

what?? no T-Rex? lol
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 11:03 AM   #11
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
Nice work everyone!

There is a nice peer-to-peer system called BitTorrent, which works well, in my experience.

You can download the utorrent client here & find more information about the system here.

I'll get to work on the 90s albums for you, Pads, if that's ok with everyone else.

BTW- I've met Bernie Nolan, her husband & her daughter in the course of my work as a professional 'drug dealer'- she didn't sing for me, for which I was eternally grateful! I also keep in touch with Tom Hingley- ex-frontman of the Inspiral Carpets!

All the best.

Viv
Hey - I met the nolans as well - one of them was married to that comedian who played alfie in eastenders.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 12:28 PM   #12
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Why don't those of you that have met the Nolans organise for them to provide the "entertainment" at UK2? Paddy was the entertainment at UK1 and there's no guarantee he can make it. The Nolans I hear have a lot more free time these days?
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 12:43 PM   #13
paddywac
Private First Class
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by RR
Damn b**tards! Strangle them if you ever find 'em.
I'll do whatever I can to help Mr. Wac - how do you want us to go about this?

I reckon the new stuff will be a doddle to find, download and burn - but the 70s and 80s could prove difficult, if not impossible. If you assign me a couple of albums, I will get to work on them. Be organised though, if others are helping we don't want clashes in downloads, waste of resources
Mr RR,

sorry I hadn't spotted your post the other day, thankls for your offer to help, I have been away for a few days so have not tried to download anything yet, will try it at the weekend with the links I have been sent, knowing my current luck I will be in court next week courtesy of EMI or someone.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 01:36 PM   #14
SRT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 Series

No probs paddywac

Don't quote me on this, but as far as legal action goes, there is a chance you might be in the clear. You have bought this stuff in the past and your purpose for downloading, in a sense, are for backups and personal use

I don't know if this is a legal loophole, if anything, it's a matter of discretion by the prosecution or the judges

Good luck!

Last edited by SRT; 08-16-2006 at 05:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 02:42 PM   #15
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Why don't those of you that have met the Nolans organise for them to provide the "entertainment" at UK2? Paddy was the entertainment at UK1 and there's no guarantee he can make it. The Nolans I hear have a lot more free time these days?
It might just work!

Viv
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 03:28 PM   #16
booforty
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2008 E92 M3  [0.00]
Viv, what's the code to include that picture in my sig? I fell about laughing when I saw it!!!!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 03:36 PM   #17
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by beauforty
Viv, what's the code to include that picture in my sig? I fell about laughing when I saw it!!!!!!!!!
I like to make people smile, Paul!

Paste this into your sig & chuckle away:

PHP Code:
[IMG]http://vivekk.e90post.com/meet2/nolans2.jpg[/IMG] 
Viv

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2006, 03:53 PM   #18
vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep