BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

05-28-2009, 03:33 PM   #1
TTBear
Captain
Rep
Drives: '20 Huracán/'19 M2Comp/'23 X4M

Frustrating 2000km service.....

My car's in for the break-in service today.
First, I get a call saying they don't have the oil filter in stock. No worries. They are having one driven down from the closest BMW dealer (250km away). This is great, but I DID book the service ten days ago, so one would have thought they would have checked to ensure they had it in stock? No biggie.

Now, after "confirming" they would do an alignment, they call back to say they can't get my car up on the alignment machine thing - it's too low. They can't, apparently, use 2 x 4s, because of some "rolling mechanism" or something, and also, once it's on the alignment machine, there are jacks that they might have to use, and the car is too low even for these.

Hmmmmm.

I am surprised that mine is the first lowered car that they have had to deal with.

I am also surprised that they said "because you have been driving your car so gently, your 2000km service isn't due for another six or seven hundred kms". Hmmmmmmm......

Just frustrated. Looks like I'll have to get the alignment done elsewhere.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.
      06-11-2009, 02:28 PM   #2
URBAN LEGEND
Rocky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 M5, 18 ZL1 1LE, 18 M3

I though the inital service was due on the specified mileage no matter what?
      07-05-2009, 10:00 PM   #3
wanesso
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3, no mods,no probs

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
2017 GT-R  [0.00]
2015 BMW i8  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
My car's in for the break-in service today.
First, I get a call saying they don't have the oil filter in stock. No worries. They are having one driven down from the closest BMW dealer (250km away). This is great, but I DID book the service ten days ago, so one would have thought they would have checked to ensure they had it in stock? No biggie.

Now, after "confirming" they would do an alignment, they call back to say they can't get my car up on the alignment machine thing - it's too low. They can't, apparently, use 2 x 4s, because of some "rolling mechanism" or something, and also, once it's on the alignment machine, there are jacks that they might have to use, and the car is too low even for these.

Hmmmmm.

I am surprised that mine is the first lowered car that they have had to deal with.

I am also surprised that they said "because you have been driving your car so gently, your 2000km service isn't due for another six or seven hundred kms". Hmmmmmmm......

Just frustrated. Looks like I'll have to get the alignment done elsewhere.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.
Wow--I had the exact experience with my BMW dealer who didn't know what was supposed to be done with a new M3 on the 1200 mi check up, despite two weeks advance notice, and they also could not locate a filter!---was flabbergasted by their lack of knowlege and filed a written complaint----I'm getting mad again just thinking about it (and my car has 22,000 mi now......) We pay ALOT of money for these wonderful cars and the dealers should have some idea of what customer service should be........................
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 09:19 AM   #4
Big Windy
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

it sounds like you don't really have a choice if the next closest dealer is 250km away, but you should really stay away from that dealership.
      08-12-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
zenderm3
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 DY/2010 E92 M3

that sounds a little ridiculous... what was the outcome of the service?
1996 E36 M3 Dakar Yellow - SOLD
2004 Honda Accord Euro - SOLD
Appreciate 0