E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Procede V3 Rev1

05-22-2009, 05:02 PM   #1
335Turbo
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335

Procede V3 Rev1

My car was recently in for service and they did a ECU update (not sure what version). Should I be worried about installing my Procede V3 Rev1 PNP? Is the doomsday map safe on the new ECU version, or should I upgrade to Rev2 with code clearing?
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Tuned335i
Major
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335Turbo View Post
My car was recently in for service and they did a ECU update (not sure what version). Should I be worried about installing my Procede V3 Rev1 PNP? Is the doomsday map safe on the new ECU version, or should I upgrade to Rev2 with code clearing?
Well, you have lots of options and they all depend on your particular situation. You shouldn't be worried about installing Rev I and running doomsday maps at the default settings.

You could increase your comfort level by either upgrading to Rev II or getting a Bavarian Technic Tool to clear codes. I don't recall seeing any posts from PROcede users running doomsday maps with recommended settings tripping the tuner detection ECU code.

In any case, I went the Bavarian Technic tool route because I wanted a way to read and clear codes regardless of what tune or equipment I had installed on my car. In addition, I love Rev I and have never had a problem with it. I'm also staying with just the PROcede and DCI for now, so there's no benefit for me to move to Rev II - i.e., unless I go for a FMIC and/or catless exhaust, Rev II doesn't offer any compelling reason to upgrade - a testament to how great Rev I is, with the most recent maps.

Anyway, just as with anything you do to your car, what's right for you depends on your situation, and what your mod plan is (if any). Good luck in whatever you decided to do!

Cheers!!!