E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan software question for CPO cars

05-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #1
TurboSpecC
Bavarian Wolverine
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428 Gran Coupe

Dinan software question for CPO cars

I believe Dinan matches the new car warranty (up to 2 years) for their products; does anyone know if they will honor their warranty for a CPO car? (Say, 1 year left on the new car warranty and then the following year under the extension of the warranty by the CPO program?).
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 03:27 PM   #2
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

I beleive they only match the 4 year 50,000 mile warranty as stated below. I also beleive the 2 year warranty is for the dinan product itself not the bmw.

CARS COVERED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER’S NEW CAR LIMITED WARRANTY.

US and Canadian Specification Vehicles Only

If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty, Dinan products are warranted for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer’s new car limited warranty. The manufacturer’s new car warranty is limited to 4 years or 50,000 miles (80,000 kilometers in Canada), commencing on the date of first retail sale or the date the vehicle is first placed in-service as a demonstrator or company vehicle, whichever is earlier. Dinan’s warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold.

To obtain service under this warranty, the vehicle must be brought, upon discovery of a malfunction or defect in materials and/or workmanship, to the workshop of any Authorized Dinan Dealer, during normal business hours. Proof of purchase in the form of a lawful invoice is required. The Authorized Dinan Dealer will, without charge for parts or labor, repair or replace the defective Dinan component(s), as well as any original vehicle manufacturer’s component(s) that may have been directly affected by a Dinan component, using new or authorized remanufactured parts. The decision to repair or replace said parts is at the sole discretion of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. Parts for which replacements are supplied under this limited warranty become the property of Dinan and/or the original vehicle manufacturer. In all cases, a reasonable period of time must be allowed for warranty repairs to be completed after the vehicle is delivered to the Authorized Dinan Dealer.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 09:46 PM   #3
ClarkGriswold
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i, Audi Q7

I called Dinan about a month ago and they told me that the 2 year warranty after the manufacturer's warranty was a drivetrain warranty, thus covering any issues caused by the Stg. 2 reflash.

That's what they told me, but I have never heard that on the forum and the warranty doesn't read that way.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2009, 10:52 PM   #4
CubanJJ09
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: like an asshole

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [6.18]
They'll only cover that new car warranty for that year in your example. Better waiting until the new car is over then they'll give you the 2 yr 100k
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #5
ClarkGriswold
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i, Audi Q7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanJJ09 View Post
They'll only cover that new car warranty for that year in your example. Better waiting until the new car is over then they'll give you the 2 yr 100k
I am by no means arguing my point. I am just relaying what DINAN told me. They told me on the phone it was either the remainder of my factory warranty or two years, whichever was longer.

Thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkGriswold View Post
I am by no means arguing my point. I am just relaying what DINAN told me. They told me on the phone it was either the remainder of my factory warranty or two years, whichever was longer.

Thoughts?
Maybe the best bet would be to contact Dinan directly and get a solid answer. The information on their site does not specify any part of their warranty process except for the 4 year/50,000 mile warranty coverage.
Appreciate 0