E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > 335d New owner questions

05-21-2009, 07:50 AM   #1
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: A big gold navara

335d New owner questions

Hi guys, i'm now the proud owner of a '58 plate E92 335d M sport. I have a couple of queries.

1) The car has the folding electric mirror option. Is there any way i can get these to fold automatically when i lock the car?
I find i keep having to turn back to check the cars locked, cos it's new, and it would be nice just to look at the mirrors.

2) Is there any form of launch control on these, if so how do you use it?
Never had a flappy paddle toy before.

3) The back end needs a spoiler. I like the M3 one. But is there anything slightly bigger (only slighty), and maybe in carbon fibre??

4) The exhausts look a bit small, like pea shooters, anything available, whilst keeping warranty intact?

Cheers,
Dan.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:00 AM   #2
Andrew@DTUK
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2011 Valencia Orange 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannyrado View Post
Hi guys, i'm now the proud owner of a '58 plate E92 335d M sport. I have a couple of queries.

1) The car has the folding electric mirror option. Is there any way i can get these to fold automatically when i lock the car?
I find i keep having to turn back to check the cars locked, cos it's new, and it would be nice just to look at the mirrors.

3) The back end needs a spoiler. I like the M3 one. But is there anything slightly bigger (only slighty), and maybe in carbon fibre??

4) The exhausts look a bit small, like pea shooters, anything available, whilst keeping warranty intact?

Cheers,
Dan.
what dan said
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:01 AM   #3
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:

Cheers,
Dan.
1) - I dont have this option so cant answer mate!

2) - No launch control on them, try something called 'brake boosting' for your best possible launch. Do a search for more info!!

3) - go to SSDD Motorsport or CA Automotive, both do a good range of spoilers, including M3 style Carbon ones... I wouldnt reccomend going bigger, but thats a preference thing!

4) - I dont know about warranty, I mean it depends on your dealer etc but in theory changing the exhaust would only invalidate the exhaust warranty... they couldnt really say that any extra power caused a failure of xyz... possibly your particle filters I dont know?

Anyway, you can get one from Ant at Speed Religion, or you can get the Eisenmann one from CA Automotive.

Welcome to the forum...

What you really need is a remap - search recent posts in the UK main forum and Technical sections for my First Impressions and then Short Term Review on the Evolve remap - it makes it a different car.

In addition, DXB335, Jude1 and other members have remaps by Evolve, DMS, and Superchips and all are very happy with the results..

Matt
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:04 AM   #4
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
http://www.vorsteiner.com/bmw/

check out vorsteiner for the spoiler....It blends in!!!... Hartge does a nice one aswell...

You can always search for Alpina, AC Schitnzer and Hamann, but I prefer the Vorsteiner.

BMW Performance catalogue shows a back box for the 335i ....not sure if it will fit the 335d?
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:06 AM   #5
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
What you really need is a remap - search recent posts in the UK main forum and Technical sections for my First Impressions and then Short Term Review on the Evolve remap - it makes it a different car.

In addition, DXB335, Jude1 and other members have remaps by Evolve, DMS, and Superchips and all are very happy with the results..

Matt
I don't need a map, I don't need a map, I don't need a map, I don't need a map, I don't need a map, I don't need a map.......

And so it goes, don't tempt me!
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
The folding mirrors only operate from the button. The fold on locking was removed about three years ago. I take it you know the passenger mirror will dip when you select reverse? To deactivate the function, set the mirror selection switch to the passenger side.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:13 AM   #7
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep

I did a little wee when i saw this..

http://www.vorsteiner.com/bmw/3Serie...-Spoiler.aspx#

Question, does it have to be "smoothed in" by a body shop, or is it just paint and stick?? Also, availabillity in the UK??
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #8
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanQS View Post
The folding mirrors only operate from the button. The fold on locking was removed about three years ago. I take it you know the passenger mirror will dip when you select reverse? To deactivate the function, set the mirror selection switch to the passenger side.
Discovered yesterday. Shame they removed that function. Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
MOB
Major
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2 LCI

Quote:
I think this does the mirrors;

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...hlight=mirrors

Edit: yes it does
      05-21-2009, 08:17 AM   #10
MOB
Major
England
Rep
Drives: Alpine White M2 LCI

Quote:

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=dimisa
      05-21-2009, 08:35 AM   #11
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Quote:
I did a little wee when i saw this..

http://www.vorsteiner.com/bmw/3Serie...-Spoiler.aspx#

Question, does it have to be "smoothed in" by a body shop, or is it just paint and stick?? Also, availabillity in the UK??
Thats nice, shame there is none for the E90...

Matt
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:36 AM   #12
Dannyrado
Lieutenant
Rep

Just what i was looking for mate. I'll get some when i'm in the States next.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #13
mistry
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 530D

I have the spoiler from the BMW aero kit on mine.

Appreciate 0
      05-21-2009, 09:05 AM   #14
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

So thats what the spoiler looks like on!

Hmm... if i werent selling up id be tempted to put it on!