E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Parking your pride & joy in public places......

05-17-2009, 05:58 AM   #1
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '06 330D Le Mans Blue

Garage List
Exclamation Parking your pride & joy in public places......

How do you guys fare when parking your car at say B&Q, in a public car park?

I find Joe Public have got NO RESPECT for a nice car and willingly open car doors onto your shining car - almost if done in spite!

I picked up a small dink on my nsf door handle yesterday in a superstore car parking space - bloody wide ones too which makes me think it was deliberate.

Any hints and tips?
      05-17-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
BMW_NP
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325

i Tend to park next to nice Expensive cars (bmw, merc's even ford ST,Gti's they tend to look after there cars, n also if they look like they may have kids or babys avoid parkin next to them coz regradeless some rich ppl jst dnt care ( my uncle for 1, he dnt say nothing if his kids bang the driveway wall with the car door)

But u will always get the IDOIT who in a emtpy carpark will still jst come park next to u for some reason, even thogh u park far away from the entrance to the supermarket. ( i had some searious words with some1 when they tapped my door while i was sittin in my car, n he goes its jst a car, yh ur £300 ford is Just a car but my 30,000 bmw is a 29,700times more then jst a car REALLLY felt like punchin him but had to allow him because he was old)

and if ur good at parkin always park on the Last bay near a kerb or wall n get AS close as possiblie to it thats what i do, or the pillers in underground carparksas this way 1. u only got 1 side to worry about and u shld leave a bigger gap on the other side.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 06:30 AM   #3
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Yeah, I've started doing that, at least you have one side that is then safe.

Wifey is worried as hell about taking the car to town etc!
      05-17-2009, 08:07 AM   #4
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_NP View Post
i Tend to park next to nice Expensive cars (bmw, merc's even ford ST,Gti's they tend to look after there cars, n also if they look like they may have kids or babys avoid parkin next to them coz regradeless some rich ppl jst dnt care ( my uncle for 1, he dnt say nothing if his kids bang the driveway wall with the car door)

But u will always get the IDOIT who in a emtpy carpark will still jst come park next to u for some reason, even thogh u park far away from the entrance to the supermarket. ( i had some searious words with some1 when they tapped my door while i was sittin in my car, n he goes its jst a car, yh ur £300 ford is Just a car but my 30,000 bmw is a 29,700times more then jst a car REALLLY felt like punchin him but had to allow him because he was old)

and if ur good at parkin always park on the Last bay near a kerb or wall n get AS close as possiblie to it thats what i do, or the pillers in underground carparksas this way 1. u only got 1 side to worry about and u shld leave a bigger gap on the other side.
AGREE TOTALLY!!!

but then again, if you park somewhere far and "quiet" you get those chavs that will come around and steal your wheel/ tyre caps!

JEALOUS PEOPLE EVERYWHERE! I JUST HATE THEM!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
Carrera RSR
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_NP View Post

Mate, you need to spell check. That's the hardest post I've ever tried to read since Carlos had a sticky 'F' key last year.

All of the last three cars have received dents in areas that cannot be paintlessly removed. All received the said dinks within the first 3 months of ownership. I always try to park in an empty area of a car park even if it means being on the far side or on the top floor. But sods law says when you return some idiot has used your car to help them park, parked too close, the kids in the rear use your car as a door stop and voila a new dent has appeared.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 10:42 AM   #6
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

i never take the chanve and park the furthest away from anyone !!!

if you have to choose a space, evaluate what car your parking next to, look to see if it has 3 doors or 2 doors for how far they open etc. NEVER park next to a people carrier as kids are more likely to fling the doors open. In supermarkets i find that its not doors you have to be carefull of, its the dam trollies

but this goes to show you cant allways tell by the quality of car ... i was sat in mates car having some lunch in a supermarket carpark and a 'lady' parked next to us in a Audi TT. As she got out she literally flung the door into the side of his, steaming he got out and confronted her, she just very arrogantly stuck her nose in the air and said ''so!?''. She walked away and he examined the damage (a very deep dint) then walked over to her door and kicked it with his boot !! Eye for and eye and all that

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #7
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4M

Buy a Blue badge on Ebay and use the disabled bays.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 11:54 AM   #8
SiKkBaSs
GTR'in it
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Nissan GTR Black Edition

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
Will consider

Awesome tip
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 11:58 AM   #9
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Cracking idea! Like it!
      05-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #10
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem View Post
I hope this is in jest.

My wife has a disability and it took us ages to qualify.

People parking in disabled spaces without a disability are as bad as those who don't give a shit about your car. These people don't give a shit about the real need for these spaces.

Literally makes me sick seeing people getting out with no disability as my Mrs has had to park in spaces she's struggled to get out of as she needs the whole door opening to make it easy for her.

I've never used her badge, unless I was transporting her. The reason is I'm not self centred, arrogant and a twat.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #11
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcook View Post
I hope this is in jest.

My wife has a disability and it took us ages to qualify.

People parking in disabled spaces without a disability are as bad as those who don't give a shit about your car. These people don't give a shit about the real need for these spaces.

Literally makes me sick seeing people getting out with no disability as my Mrs has had to park in spaces she's struggled to get out of as she needs the whole door opening to make it easy for her.

I've never used her badge, unless I was transporting her. The reason is I'm not self centred, arrogant and a twat.

Of couse its in Jest, I use the parent and child spaces.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 01:41 PM   #12
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Anyway,back on topic

We had to pop to Boots the Chemist on the way back from somewhere yesterday(to pick up so special order XXL condoms) and you have to park in a pay and display retail carpark jobby,which i hate doing as there is never any room but found a spot close enough for 'er indoors not have to walk too far,so i waited in the car playing with me nobs and stuff
After about 5mins MR and Mrs Scrote turned up with fat bird daughter in tow to get into their car next to me after about 3 attempts for Mrs and Fat bird to get in they had to wait untill Mr Scrote drove out of the parking bay so they could fully open the doors much to the dismay of Fat bird ............. i wonder if they would have gone to so much trouble if i wasn't sat in the car ?????????
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 02:01 PM   #13
ShereKhan
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330e M Sport MY20

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeezebm View Post
Anyway,back on topic

After about 5mins MR and Mrs Scrote turned up with fat bird daughter in tow to get into their car next to me after about 3 attempts for Mrs and Fat bird to get in they had to wait untill Mr Scrote drove out of the parking bay so they could fully open the doors much to the dismay of Fat bird ............. i wonder if they would have gone to so much trouble if i wasn't sat in the car ?????????

I just park where ever I need to. Best one i've had is where some couple got out at Reading services whilst I was sat chomping away at sandwiches in the car (which is happening quite often these days)

When they came back the mrs had decided to sit in the front passenger seat. Her partner had made sure he didn't bash my door with his door. But when she came back she bashed my door and mirror. After waiting for her to get in. I just flung my door open as fast as poss and just watched the look of horror on her and (her partners face) It was priceless. By the way their car was a newish Volvo V70 in sick pea green.
Long gone -15 Peugeot 308 2.0HDi GT AUTO Magnetic Blue, 10 BMW F10 520D SE Xirallic Imperial blue/Cinnamon Brown, 06 E90 320si - Le Mans Blue - Totally standard specification (Scrapped RIP 12/08/2010), 00 Peugeot 306 2.0 SE Cabriolet, 94 Rover 214 SEi, 91 Fiat Uno 60S Mk2
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #14
USAROCKSYEEHAA
Rep
Drives: A lion called Aslan

Park across two spaces if they are available in a quiet part of the car park in a supermarket, or a corner one. I always park over the middle of the white line. Or just buy a RR sport. Failing that not a lot else you can do.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
M3-FAST
Defected to the dark side.....
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 LCi

Garage List
I always park in an end space if possible and as far over to the white line as possible. I also park well away from the supermarket etc knowing that the rest of the lazy buggers all want to park close.

We went to Warrington today (Gemini retail centre) and I parked just about as far away as I could from anyone else - must have been 40-50 spaces around me - returned to the car to find a Honda Civic in the very next space. WTF Idiots!!

Even more paranoid than normal when the car is only a day old!!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
mikem
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Someone`s just PM`d me asking for a link to the Blue badges on Ebay, as they can`t find them. They don`t exist, sorry.

Cumbria`s disc parking permits look very simillar though.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #17
Tuffy
Private
Rep
Drives: e90 320d

take your mun shopping and park in the parent a child spaces! nothing to say what age you must be! If not take your car into the supermarket , saves having to carry the gay looking bags for life!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 03:17 PM   #18
lons
Lons
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport edition - carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAROCKSYEEHAA View Post
Park across two spaces if they are available in a quiet part of the car park in a supermarket, or a corner one. I always park over the middle of the white line. Or just buy a RR sport. Failing that not a lot else you can do.
Be careful with this one. my wife got a ticket recently for parking ON the white line in a council owned supermarket car park. Said for inconsiderate parking.
I haven't paid it - the b*****ds will have to sue me!

The best idea is don't take your motor to any such places - use the wifes' banger. If she hasn't got one then buy one - cheaper than dent repairs!
      05-17-2009, 03:37 PM   #19
alcook
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M4 CP Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffy View Post
take your mun shopping and park in the parent a child spaces! nothing to say what age you must be! If not take your car into the supermarket , saves having to carry the gay looking bags for life!!!
Definitely pushing my buttons on this thread.

I have a 7 year old girl. The child spaces are designed so that there is less cross roadway distance and in between hidden spaces in which to walk her. Especially coming back with a trolley. Children even younger have a tendency to just walk out.

I hope for your sake someone with a child, forced to park some distance away due to your thoughtless inconsideration doesn't have an accident.

It's all about consideration and thought for others. Something sadly lacking in today's 'I don't give a shit' Britain. Aptly shown by your amusement...

So what if it doesn't state any age? The fact that you know it's for child safety and have a total disregard for that idea and sentiment all to save you walking an extra 30 or so yards puts you squarely in the same bracket as those who open their doors against someone else's car without any thought.

And fraudulently claiming you have a disability so you can park close to the shop? FFS. Some people need to get a grip and get a life. Rather than go around scamming and deceiving. May as well go the whole hog and don't bother paying, they can afford it....
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 03:40 PM   #20
Dr Dave
Zummerzet Zyder Drinker!
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Oh god I somehow wish I'd never started this thread - I'm sure both these posts were made tongue-in-cheek - this is the trouble with the written word, it carries no 'emotion'.
      05-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #21
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

I agree with everyone on here about how our baby's are treated in car parks. personally I think the should be bmw only spaces for considerate owners!!

However until that happens, normally I park right at the back of the car park, over two spaces. If thats not possible, then next to another BMW, Merk etc. Never Never next to a 4x4 though, or those with child seats!

Another one to watch out for is when you see a 2 door car, with the driver or passenger seat tipped forward suggesting someone might be sitting in the back of the car. This normally means that on the return of the owner and passengers, the door will be opened wide, right next to yours! Not good!
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 03:44 PM   #22
CD
gone ... but i will be back !
England
Rep
Drives: 335D Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Dave View Post
the written word, it carries no 'emotion'.
thats what emoticons are for Dr Dave

E92 335D / QUAIFE LSD / EIBACH / DIMISA / REMAP / 19" HAMANN EDITION RACE REPS
... USUALLY WITH A HEALTHY SPLATTERING OF GOOD OLD YORKSHIRE MUD ...
Appreciate 0