E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Oem exhaust question

05-15-2009, 07:01 PM   #1
Macho Torque
Private
Rep
Drives: Black/Black E90 335i...

Oem exhaust question

ok today i decided to delete my mufflers of my e90 335 i alreayd have my resonator deleted also, for those familiar there is a flap in the end of the left exhaust so i unwelded then rewelded the flap connected it, when i started driving and the rpms jumped engine malfunction and into limp mode, the flap started shutting, my diagnosis is that the flap wud shut and send the air back thru the exhaust in the motor compared to when there was a muffler it redirected it to the other muffler i wound up cutting the flap and straight pipe the back, heres the question do i need the flap and what is it rele for?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 07:33 PM   #2
Bimmer335i07
BK Employee of the month! / Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i Sedan

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macho Torque View Post
ok today i decided to delete my mufflers of my e90 335 i alreayd have my resonator deleted also, for those familiar there is a flap in the end of the left exhaust so i unwelded then rewelded the flap connected it, when i started driving and the rpms jumped engine malfunction and into limp mode, the flap started shutting, my diagnosis is that the flap wud shut and send the air back thru the exhaust in the motor compared to when there was a muffler it redirected it to the other muffler i wound up cutting the flap and straight pipe the back, heres the question do i need the flap and what is it rele for?
You don't need it at all. You should have just plugged the hose and that would have been all you needed to do.

I'm not sure what it does, but if you for the golf tee mod, it will be explained in there.

Sponsored by: Pics of the ---> Barbera Beast <---
Martino Auto Concepts (Like them on Facebook MAC) Factory Trained & Authorized by BMW of North America

Matt@Camber-Toe (Like them on Facebook Camber-Toe)
LuxAngelEyes (Like them on Facebook LuxAngelEyes)
LTBMW (Like them on Facebook LTBMW)
OEMconcepts (Like them on Facebook OEMconcepts)
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
skitlz
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

U dont need the flap. Its there to reduce the sound of the exhaust for lower rpms. It then opens up at high rpms. Also heard its for warming up the cats faster upon initial startup. Most people just unplug the solenoid in the drivers side tailight area, or plug/zip tie the hose.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2009, 01:16 PM   #4
DANMACINSD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 535i

I definately think it has something to do with warm up only. Mine is disconnected, plugged and stuck underneath somewhere. Haven't used it in over a year.
      05-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #5
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

holy crap....use periods next time please.

you dont need the flap.