E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Nearest BMW dealer to Rainham, Essex

05-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #1
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Nearest BMW dealer to Rainham, Essex

Anyone know - dealer search on the BMW site seems to be playing up

Cheers

Ed
      05-15-2009, 09:10 AM   #2
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Synter Harold Wood?
      05-15-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
kend
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 330i SE auto

sytner Romford or Coopers Chelmsford
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 02:15 PM   #4
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCUK View Post
Synter Harold Wood?
Yup thats the closest...im with them and they are absolutly crap in the service department!!
      05-15-2009, 03:07 PM   #5
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks guys - I'm in at Elite tomorrow and was trying to get some replacement metal valves. Managed to get 1, but ideally wanted a set to replace all of them (I've got three metal and one rubber at the moment!)
      05-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #6
fastloop
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
Thanks guys - I'm in at Elite tomorrow and was trying to get some replacement metal valves. Managed to get 1, but ideally wanted a set to replace all of them (I've got three metal and one rubber at the moment!)
Nice to meet you and SerJames yesterday at Elite. My car feels so much better after switching to the non-RFT PS2's on the 225M alloy and getting the car tracked.

I can only kick myself for not doing this sooner. The ride is so much smoother and I don't have to avoid every single bump in the road. Before, if I hit even the smallest dip or pothole it felt like the car had hit a huge stone followed by a tirade of swearing from me.

I checked some prices locally, but none of them were even close on the tyre prices so well worth the drive. Seeing how big Elite is and how busy it was I can understand why. Only thing is that Elite are rubish at is inflating the tyres.... but you guys and the forum had mentioned this so I'm glad I popped by a local garage to check it when I got the car back. Even visually they looked at bit low.

Pretty much 27 PSI all around, so I have increased this to Fr. 38PSI and Re. 39PSI.

Had the opportunity to test the PS2's in the rain today and it's nice to have some grib back when it's wet. Even when the Bridgestone were new they were nowhere near as grippy as this.

I have kept all the Bridstones as the fronts still looked quite good, but the rears where pretty low 2-3mm left in the middle. The left rear was quite worn on the inside and the tracking confirmed my suspecion that the wheel on that side was a bit out.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2009, 03:33 PM   #7
ed335d
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335rocks View Post
Nice to meet you and SerJames yesterday at Elite. My car feels so much better after switching to the non-RFT PS2's on the 225M alloy and getting the car tracked.

I can only kick myself for not doing this sooner. The ride is so much smoother and I don't have to avoid every single bump in the road. Before, if I hit even the smallest dip or pothole it felt like the car had hit a huge stone followed by a tirade of swearing from me.

I checked some prices locally, but none of them were even close on the tyre prices so well worth the drive. Seeing how big Elite is and how busy it was I can understand why. Only thing is that Elite are rubish at is inflating the tyres.... but you guys and the forum had mentioned this so I'm glad I popped by a local garage to check it when I got the car back. Even visually they looked at bit low.

Pretty much 27 PSI all around, so I have increased this to Fr. 38PSI and Re. 39PSI.

Had the opportunity to test the PS2's in the rain today and it's nice to have some grib back when it's wet. Even when the Bridgestone were new they were nowhere near as grippy as this.

I have kept all the Bridstones as the fronts still looked quite good, but the rears where pretty low 2-3mm left in the middle. The left rear was quite worn on the inside and the tracking confirmed my suspecion that the wheel on that side was a bit out.

Good to meet you too! I've been pretty impressed with Elite and will be using them again.

Ed
      05-18-2009, 05:02 AM   #8
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
yeah was GOOD if expensive way to spend a saturday morning...

Elite ARE impressive.... They were a little flumoxed with my US wheels to start with e.g. 8 of them trying to get it to bead...

But the we realised you have to reverse the wheel to put the tyre on, face down, and then it worked fine.

I'm gonna check the pressures again next time it's out, but on the way down to Purley to see tanya play tennis it was ROCK solid..

ANd I CANNOT tell you the difference to acceleration moving to decant grippy tyres WITH MUCH lighter wheels makes... it was like a COMPLETELY new car yesterday.. i scared myself a couple of times....

Rolling inertial is MUCH reduced... the wheels are SO light ! It was funny the guys at elite went to throw away the boxes We'd just got out of Ed's and my car. They thought they were empty..

And when Ed and me stored the donar 230s with Wintrac tyres on I'll be honest I struggled to lift them !

Oh and it looks good ! WIll post a pic

SJ