BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

05-14-2009, 12:21 AM   #1
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Dinan event at Murray

Anybody go tonight? I missed most of Steve's presentation but the end and Q&A was pretty interesting. Sounds like more E9x M3 bits coming in the next month IIRC. I think they have a Dinan 135 that will be around tomorrow for drives if anybody has time to swing by.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 09:31 AM   #2
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Shoot... din't even know about it. I got the invite for the Z4 and 7 Series launch party next week from Murray, but nothing on that.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
mkdiehl
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 Sedan, 6MT

bought my car from them...and the wife's and got nothing on this.

my salesman was let go, I wonder if my information went with him?

ps:
considering selling my lease.....know anyone interested in a Sedan lease for $752.27/month and 12,000 miles a year?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2009, 10:50 PM   #4
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

I had the invite passed along from a friend, their database blows. You should try posting the lease in the classifieds here. Why selling?
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2009, 07:31 PM   #5
mkdiehl
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 Sedan, 6MT

bit of a long story...and not positive I want to get rid of it.

I just don't find the opportunity to drive this thing like I want or it should be driven...it's a case of a sledgehammer for a nail. The power is so high up that by the time you are accessing it you are way over the speed limit. Of course it handles great at lower speeds and that is fun...but i find i am using it as a commuter, getting 19 miles a gallon; you know that isn't right!

I had an 03 mustang cobra with amost 600 hp and had the same issue once I thought about it.....never could really use all of that power without risking my license.

had a mini cooper S with some power mods and seems like that was actully a lot more fun to drive regularly...I could beat the crap out of it and throw it around...like i was actually DRIVING but at reduced speeds.

I think I am learning that i get more thrills at the track with my ducati, supermoto bike, and go cart and it makes driving on the street a little less so.....

wife is getting a 335xi....i know it is not the same, but that is one sweet motor for the average street drive. seems not to make sense to have the m3 and the 335.

thinking of getting a 370z instead.....

I go through cars pretty often....never seem to find my happy place.

we'll see...I'll keep checking in on a denver meet.

thanks for the therapy (and allowing me to not capitalize).

matt
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #6
gtlexec
Private
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 - on order

Post Murray/Dinan Event Info

Quote:
Originally Posted by signes View Post
Anybody go tonight? I missed most of Steve's presentation but the end and Q&A was pretty interesting. Sounds like more E9x M3 bits coming in the next month IIRC. I think they have a Dinan 135 that will be around tomorrow for drives if anybody has time to swing by.
I did attended last week's event. Very well done!

During the presentation, Steve mentioned that a bored/stroked performance engine for the M3 would be coming out in a month. Similar to the M5 engine upgrade. I think he said 4.0L will become 4.4L However, Steve was a little vague on HP & torque, but watch Dinan's site for the intro.

I also got the chance to speak to Steve after the presentation and specifically asked him what else was coming down the mod pipeline for the M3.

Steve said two things to expect: a cold air intake and an under-drive crankshaft pulley.

Hope this helps...
Appreciate 0