E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > just went to dealer: codes they found

05-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
turb0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: g05 x5 45e

just went to dealer: codes they found

okay so i was experiencing limp modes here and there. at first it wasnt that severe but it got worse and worse until i get one almost every time i touch the boost. So i went in for my 30k mile checkup and told them about the limp and etc they scanned my car and these codes showed up:

3100: boost pressure control, deactivation
2f6C: exhaust gas-flap, activation
30FFE: turbocharger charge-air pressure too high
30FF: turbocharger charge-air pressure too low

okay so after reading the "diagnostic code" thread i understand the first two but still do no understand the 30FFE and 30FF codes. I am completely stock. Well I broke one of the plastic T adapter thing connecting the 3 vacuum lines when i was installing my boost gauge. I installed the 4 way but when i took the BOV off i had no 3 way T fitting so i just sealed it off with tape. The dealer thought that was the problem so i went to an auto place and bought a 3 way T fitting and put it on. After that there were no limps that whole day. The limps came right back the next day. I re-checked the T fitting and everything seems to be fine. I checked the charge pipe to see if there was any oil or leakage but didnt find any. I went to the dealership again today with a limp but they didnt have time so now im here asking for advice.I really do think its a boost leak. It feels like i can hear the turbos spooling louder than before (i might just be paranoid lol)

someoen help!! THanks
Appreciate 0