E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Meth Mixtures

05-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #1
WhiteSled
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 135i

Meth Mixtures

This weekend I will be installing my Delux Trunk Mount Coolingmist meth kit. I will be using the bigger of the two nozzles. For the people running meth on here, what mixtures do you use. I plan on tapping the bov pipe unless other have better suggestions. In my past car, i have used Boost Juice which is a 49/51 mix, however adding a couple bottles of HEET to that might be a good idea. The mods on the car right now:
dci/tbe/tune/tial bov, the meth will be set based on rpm and flow will increase with rpm/boost. Car went 116-117 on the stock run flats and i have 275 bfgs on the kosei wheels just waiting for a nice weather. Hopefully another 135 in the 11's soon, MT not auto

btw about 275 drags on the back of a 135, they dont fit, I had my fenders rolled at Supreme in NJ and they STILL rub, however its a good thing the 1/4mile track isnt bumpy
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 05:49 PM   #2
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep
Drives: '08 335i cabrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSled View Post
This weekend I will be installing my Delux Trunk Mount Coolingmist meth kit.

I will be using the bigger of the two nozzles.

For the people running meth on here, what mixtures do you use. I plan on tapping the bov pipe unless other have better suggestions. In my past car, i have used Boost Juice which is a 49/51 mix, however adding a couple bottles of HEET to that might be a good idea. The mods on the car right now:
dci/tbe/tune/tial bov, the meth will be set based on rpm and flow will increase with rpm/boost. Car went 116-117 on the stock run flats and i have 275 bfgs on the kosei wheels just waiting for a nice weather. Hopefully another 135 in the 11's soon, MT not auto

btw about 275 drags on the back of a 135, they dont fit, I had my fenders rolled at Supreme in NJ and they STILL rub, however its a good thing the 1/4mile track isnt bumpy
it would help if you told us what nozzle sizes you have.....
btw, with my mods listed below, i ended up using a 375 Ml/min nozzle.

snow performance says keep the mix of water and methanol at 50% each.
but i read somewhere that shiv - after he saw the guy´s dyno - told the user to go up to like 75% methanol.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 06:19 PM   #3
oddjob2021
ASR Turbos+LSD+Meth= :D
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
it would help if you told us what nozzle sizes you have.....
btw, with my mods listed below, i ended up using a 375 Ml/min nozzle.

snow performance says keep the mix of water and methanol at 50% each.
but i read somewhere that shiv - after he saw the guy´s dyno - told the user to go up to like 75% methanol.
yep thats what he told me.

I haven't done it yet though. I still use the snow performance mixes. btw i upped to a larger nozzle (the M7) from a different company as the sizes vary too much in the snow line (375ml/min too small and 625, the next size up is too large).

I only suggest doing the same midlife. you will drop your IAT's even more.

2007 335i Coupe
Mods: Check the Garage
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 06:37 PM   #4
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddjob2021 View Post
yep thats what he told me.

I haven't done it yet though. I still use the snow performance mixes. btw i upped to a larger nozzle (the M7) from a different company as the sizes vary too much in the snow line (375ml/min too small and 625, the next size up is too large).

I only suggest doing the same midlife. you will drop your IAT's even more.
thanks man
i remember now that you are the guy that shiv told to up the methanol mix percentage

a few quick questions:
1/ what % methanol mix are you using for daily driving? also is that the same mix you use when racing??
2/ also, if i buy the number 7 nozzle like you did:
a/ will it fit my snow nozzle holder?
b/ what approx size is it: say 500ml/min?
c/ where did you buy this nozzle ??

lastly, what approx whp are you at now??

thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
WhiteSled
Banned
Rep

The kit came with 380/cc and 500cc nozzles. They give ratings for a 150psi pump, however I upgraded the pump the the 250psi and will be able to control the pressure based on rpm/boost, so i think im going to lean it out and start off with the 500cc nozzle. Unless you guys think thats too much. I have the ability to run whatever boost I want, and my track set up will be 18-19psi with racefuel/meth.
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 07:11 PM   #6
midlife
ocasionally in crisis
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSled View Post
The kit came with 380/cc and 500cc nozzles. They give ratings for a 150psi pump, however I upgraded the pump the the 250psi and will be able to control the pressure based on rpm/boost, so i think im going to lean it out and start off with the 500cc nozzle. Unless you guys think thats too much. I have the ability to run whatever boost I want, and my track set up will be 18-19psi with racefuel/meth.
i think you should start with the smaller nozle before you work your way up - that is what snow performance suggested and it makes sense.
i have alot more mods than you, and i am currently happy with 375ml/min nozzle.

btw, according to snow performance, the 375 nozzle should be good for approx 350 -450 hp
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #7
WhiteSled
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by midlife View Post
i think you should start with the smaller nozle before you work your way up - that is what snow performance suggested and it makes sense.
i have alot more mods than you, and i am currently happy with 375ml/min nozzle.

btw, according to snow performance, the 375 nozzle should be good for approx 350 -450 hp
Is that number whp or hp, because prior to the dci/meth/bov I put down 379 at something in the 97-99 octane range at 16ish psi. What mods that affect power do you have on me? Maybe your sig is out of date. Figure meth/racegas/dci and a couple more lbs should bump me into the low/mid 400 range. When i spoke to coolingmist they asked me about power to wheels and i told them 3.0 I6 TT in the 425-450 range, they suggest the 380/500 combo would work best. With the High psi pump and the ability to control the spray at variable rpm/boost levels, i think i should have no problem going with the bigger nozzle. I have the ability to add/take away fuel and change fuel pressure anywhere I want. So worst case, if i "flood" it with meth I can always pull fuel and control the psi of the pump.

What kind of kit are you guys running and what are you tuning it with?
Appreciate 0