New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   New 2009 2010 BMW Z4 - ZPOST > BMW Z4 Forum (E89) > 2009-Current Z4 Forum (E89) General Discussion

04-29-2009, 01:39 PM   #1
TimBut
Registered
Rep
Drives: X5

Question Adaptive M Sport Suspension

I have ordered a 23i. I expect it in mid June :-)

I have not ordered the Adaptive M Sport Suspension. However, today another BMW dealer said that I should. I am unclear as to exactly what the Adaptive M Sport Suspension will do for me.

Can any one explain the benefits of the Adaptive M Sport suspension? I am interested in having a comfortable drive on long commuting runs.

If I have to add the M Sport suspension I am warned that I may go to the back of the queue for my car build - does any one know if this is the case, if I change the order (when the car is at least 6 weeks away from delivery)

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 01:54 PM   #2
milhouse
Second Lieutenant
Norway
Rep
Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBut View Post

I have not ordered the Adaptive M Sport Suspension. However, today another BMW dealer said that I should. I am unclear as to exactly what the Adaptive M Sport Suspension will do for me.

Can any one explain the benefits of the Adaptive M Sport suspension? I am interested in having a comfortable drive on long commuting runs.

If I have to add the M Sport suspension I am warned that I may go to the back of the queue for my car build - does any one know if this is the case, if I change the order (when the car is at least 6 weeks away from delivery)

Thanks in advance
you might jump back but it is not for sure! Sometimes they do sometimes they dont. its a chance.

the adaptive m suspention will lower the car 10mm. You can not adjust them in any way. they are indivinduel controlled and they will adjust to the surface in 1/100(I think) second.
the dynamic drie controll will help you to have a sport ride and then a comfy ride through a switch.

I ahve it and that is just becauce I thought i could controll it and becauce I am runing 19' and the car might be to high if you dont have it.

I am not sure if I would put it on if i orderd the car now. But I havent had a test drive.

Last edited by milhouse; 04-29-2009 at 01:56 PM.. Reason: bad english
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2009, 03:04 PM   #3
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBut View Post

Thanks in advance
If money is not an issue I would always go for the M suspension. You may regret it otherwise.

According to BMW the adaptive suspension gives a more comfortable ride in "Normal" mode than the standard E89 suspension, while you can trim it in "Sport" and "Sport+" mode to be even more sporty than the former E85.

All reviews I have read so far also greatly recommend it.

I have ordered my 23i also with M suspension and if I was in your shoes I would change my order even if it would mean to wait a bit longer.

I am in no way related to BMW - just a happy customer, but honestly: call your dealer first thing tomorrow.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-30-2009, 01:02 AM   #4
JJ_Wonderboy
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i

From reading numerous reviews they all comment on how good Adaptive Suspension is. I think it's the TopGear review that says, "it's a must".

Personally, if I had the money, I'd rather risk the chance of having to wait a few more weeks and get the right car than get it earlier and then regret not including the option.

If the order was put at the back of the queue, how long would you have to wait?
Appreciate 0