Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Paragon Motorclub Wheel/Tire Insurance

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-20-2009, 01:05 PM   #1
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

Paragon Motorclub Wheel/Tire Insurance

I purchased the Paragon Motorclub Wheel/Tire Insurance last year for my e92 335 and it will be expiring soon.

A bit of background (you can skip this part if you want), I purchased it for ~$30 (forget the exact amount) and they cover up to $350 per incident (which includes damage to the wheel and tire) for a max of $1400 per year. I have been unfortunate (or fortunate, depends on how you look at it) enough to use up my max for the year and had 4 tires replaced under this insurance after going over some potholes (I live in Boston, MA). I just want to say that this insurance has been awesome and I was promptly reimbursed for all of my claims within a week or so. Each time, I paid maybe $20 or so out of pocket because it costs over $350 to buy, mount, balance a new tire and dispose of the old tire. So in just this one year, I have saved over $1300 on new tires with this insurance.

Anyway, fastforward to two weeks ago, with my insurance policy about to expire, I call them to renew. They said that it would auto renew, they would send me an email confirmation and they will charge my credit card on file, which I am fine with. I was also informed that the insurance has gone up from ~$30 to $120, again I am fine with.

Then today, with no email confirmations and no charge on my credit card, I call them again to renew. Now, I am informed that they no longer offer this insurance to certain European cars like BMW, Benz, Porsche, etc. I told him that I was told less than two weeks ago that I could renew for $120, to which he replied "This is a new policy that was implemented today and I was just about to send out emails to inform you."

For some reason, this sounds bogus to me. It doesn't sound professional or even legit. Does anyone else have experience with this company? Can anyone else confirm that they are no longer offering insurance on European cars? I feel like they are specifically denying me insurance since I took full advantage of it and maxed out my limit.

*I know someone is going to point out that this should be posted in the Wheel/Tire section but I think it would be more helpful in the General section.*
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
mid-corner fun
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3, '22 X3MC

That doesn't make any sense, call them again to confirm.

BMWs are covered under their $109.99 plan. I renewed a few months ago and filed a claim just a week ago with no issues.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 01:10 PM   #3
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

see prior discussion

Paragon MotorClub is BS!
      04-20-2009, 01:11 PM   #4
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
see prior discussion

Paragon MotorClub is BS!
Beat me to it.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2009, 02:10 PM   #5
daixloxbmw
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Corvette Grand Sport

thanks for the link, canucklion and ragingclue.

this blows, i really liked the insurance too.
Appreciate 0