Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Another going from 18's to 19's thread ....

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-18-2009, 09:09 PM   #1
mrvegas
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Another going from 18's to 19's thread ....

OK, I'm considering making the shift from my stock 18's with runflats to 19's with regular tires. I'm also thinking about upgrading suspension to Dinan Stage 1 or 2.

Will I regret this? Many of the roads I travel in the D.C. area are pretty rough and bumpy. Is this a big mistake?
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #2
SV Concepts
United_States
Rep
Drives: Vorsteiner E60 M5

Depends on the tires more than anything. I had junk tires on my 18's (E46), and those were less comfortable than my 19's with better tires. Also, suspension is a bigger factor than wheel size. Also, runflats are notoriously uncomfortable, so you might even find it more comfortable depending on how soft of a compound you choose. I think you'll like the look of 19's a lot more. I run 20's on my car and I love it... pretty comfortable.

The Dinan Stage 2 comes with Koni sports, so you can adjust the stiffness (dampening), but I don't understand why anyone would get the DINAN suspension..

They ask $1357 for:
-Upgraded springs (probably made by H&R): $209.99 online
-Koni Sports (Though FSD might be an even better option, though not manually adjustable): $669.60
-Rear sway (Theirs is only 15.8, H&R is 20mm): $209

That's $1088 for the same or better.
Or you can pay DINAN $1357 plus what, $130/hour labor? For the same (or inferior) products?

Heck, you can get an Eibach + Koni FSD combo for $817 and just add the rear sway. Put the money you save into a front sway, too.

Or, you can get KW V2's for around $1350 and forget the rear sways.

So there are some options. You don't have to shop with us, but honestly, DINAN charges a premium for parts that really aren't the best on the market. $17,000 for a supercharger when VF's $10,000 kit is the same if not better? Come on.

Hope this helps
JL
Appreciate 0