E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > All fixed and ready to rock

04-15-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
trixman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: A Rental

Garage List
2007 BMW E92 335d  [0.00]
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
All fixed and ready to rock

To update my lovely experience with Blaupunkt repair (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...=blaupunkt+pop) I decided to do the common sense thing... and buy another one.

Yes, as is indicated from my sig, I am an idiot.

But in my defense I was convinced it was an initial install issue based on my complete lack of knowledge of anything electrical.

So ordered a new one and it arrived just in time (thanks Bluespot by the way Answered emails quickly and sent it out straight away when I called on the Thursday at 2pm so I could get it for the Friday, which it did)

Took it to an install place I found locally and left it with them (crossing my fingers). Picked it up and had a garbled conversation in which they told me they had to take some of the head unit lines out as they were wrong, and the connectors on the back weren't installed correctly either.

Suffice to say, now it sounds superb. Really is at least a 20-30% increase in quality and bass with the SWS's and L7 tweeters. Only issue being they installed the fuse right next to the amp, rather than by the battery, which I will move myself.

Not all great news for me though. After returning from the UK, amp in hand, I get back to my car and all 3 of my tires are flat. Spent 2-3 days driving timid thinking I had slow punctures but no, some scrotum has let them down while it's been parked up

Also took the car in for a service and some annoying little faults, nothing major, just rubbing on the tires on full lock, exhaust out of line... And all is now fixed.

Right this second, and not sure how long it'll last, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with it at all... even the dash rattles have gone away.... Fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 02:53 PM   #2
CrimsonRedE93
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Le Mans Blue E93 330d+

Garage List
Glad you got it sorted Sorry to hear about your tyres, little sods
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2009, 05:07 PM   #3
trixman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
Cheers mate. I'm still in 2 minds about what to do with the broken one at Blaunpunkt HQ, they said the whole board went but only looked like a few capacitors.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 05:22 AM   #4
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

Are they suggesting that you somehow contributed to the failure of the product?

If its under warranty, why are they not repairing or replacing it?
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 06:15 AM   #5
trixman
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
2003 M3 CSL  [0.00]
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
They said, and I quote

"Due to the nature of the failure, in that the complete board has gone, we can only suggest to Blaupunkt that it was 'user abuse'... which can comprise of overloading the amp or installation fault".

I did tell them it definitely wasn't me playing around with it and how it could be wired wrong if it's plug and play, and also could they 'prove' it. They said no, and to get an official 'user abuse' diagnosis they would have to send it to Germany, then I would have to pay to get it back (I would have to pay to get it back now, from the tech centre in Birmingham).

Basically if there is an issue with it, and they can't find exactly what went wrong, your warranty is worth nothing. It felt like it was the standard excuse, as they couldn't exactly figure out the problem.
Appreciate 0