E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > evolve remaps in Manchester area.....

04-15-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep
Drives: Evo VI TME / RX7

evolve remaps in Manchester area.....

Just a quick note for all you northern members. We are going to be up in Manchester on Monday 20th April remapping a few cars. If any members from in or around Manchester (bradford, leeds etc)want to take this opportunity to have their cars mapped without having to come to us, please contact us.

The one major downside of not coming to us is you won't get a cup of my famous tea or coffee but i'm sure you'll live.
      04-15-2009, 04:45 PM   #2
lons
Lons
England
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport edition - carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan@evolve View Post
Just a quick note for all you northern members. We are going to be up in Manchester on Monday 20th April remapping a few cars. If any members from in or around Manchester (bradford, leeds etc)want to take this opportunity to have their cars mapped without having to come to us, please contact us.

The one major downside of not coming to us is you won't get a cup of my famous tea or coffee but i'm sure you'll live.
Too far for me unfortunately, but if you ever get as far as Tyneside, let me know please.
      04-15-2009, 04:55 PM   #3
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lons View Post
Too far for me unfortunately, but if you ever get as far as Tyneside, let me know please.
No problems. We have a number of customers in Newcastle and we've already been there a few times so its not out of the question. Althernatively, if there's any other members in that area we can always arrange something specially for you.
      04-16-2009, 02:43 AM   #4
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Any chance you could bring up one of those switchable mapping devices http://http://www.e90post.com/forums...8&postcount=33 ?

Cheers.
      04-16-2009, 03:51 AM   #5
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Is this a group buy opportunity

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 04:01 AM   #6
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Any chance you could bring up one of those switchable mapping devices http://http://www.e90post.com/forums...8&postcount=33 ?

Cheers.
To buy or to see?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Is this a group buy opportunity

Matt
Well e90posters get 20% off the maps so this is an opportunity to save money on the maps, save time in coming to us and use the saved fuel for 'other' purposes.
      04-16-2009, 05:37 AM   #7
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

if you ever near scotland count me in!!

I really want to get mine mapped, however have been considering the BlueFin at a possible option.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 06:08 AM   #8
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteJ View Post
if you ever near scotland count me in!!

I really want to get mine mapped, however have been considering the BlueFin at a possible option.
I've always wanted to go to Scotland! If there are a couple of Scottish members who want a remap, we could arrange something if we could do them on the same day. Maybe find a central location.

I wonder how much fuel my RX7 would take to get to Scoootland
      04-16-2009, 06:08 AM   #9
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

Aye, I like the Evolve way of thinking and I am very close to saying yes to you guys as I pass regularly, but I definately want the switchable unit and at over £600 for unit and map it makes it a difficult option when Bluefin can be had for £380.

Thats a hint by the way, and I do realise Evolve is a better map hence my difficulty in deciding!!

Matt
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #10
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

can you remap an M6 through the odb port? if so count me in. please pm me the details.

Steve.
      04-16-2009, 10:41 AM   #11
willhollin
Major General
England
Rep
Drives: VW T5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve A View Post
can you remap an M6 through the odb port? if so count me in. please pm me the details.

Steve.

Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 11:09 AM   #12
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep

Quote:

Steve.
Tried to PM but got this message......

Steve A has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space

Come on Steve, need to do a bit of filing.
      04-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #13
TMP
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
To buy or to see?

Prob to buy, but as below the price is putting me off a bit TBH. Be cool for you guys to help load the map up though

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingKileak View Post
Aye, I like the Evolve way of thinking and I am very close to saying yes to you guys as I pass regularly, but I definately want the switchable unit and at over £600 for unit and map it makes it a difficult option when Bluefin can be had for £380.

Thats a hint by the way, and I do realise Evolve is a better map hence my difficulty in deciding!!

Matt
Agree, Bluefin seems a bargain, as does the ST3 (going to post a new thread in a mo on that)

Last edited by TMP; 04-16-2009 at 02:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #14
Steve A
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: too much

Sultan them pesky little messages are now in the bin. please try again
      04-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #15
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep

£499 for the remap on the 320D 177ED... plus I'm guessing the 20% discount

Very tempting... very tempting indeed...

I do have a question though, BMW are doing a "Software Upgrade" to fix some issues. If they did that again, would it wipe the map?

Also, do Evolve do the home kits so I could take the map on and off? (like the bluefin?)

Well, if you do come up this way (anywhere near Edinburgh/Glasgow) give us a shout!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #16
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Sultan them pesky little messages are now in the bin. please try again
Thanks Steve, PM sent
      04-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #17
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep

Quote:
£499 for the remap on the 320D 177ED... plus I'm guessing the 20% discount

Very tempting... very tempting indeed...

I do have a question though, BMW are doing a "Software Upgrade" to fix some issues. If they did that again, would it wipe the map?

Also, do Evolve do the home kits so I could take the map on and off? (like the bluefin?)

Well, if you do come up this way (anywhere near Edinburgh/Glasgow) give us a shout!

If BMW do a Software Upgrade, this does wipe any map we would put on so we would have to rewrite a new map for you. This is all covered in the initial price so we would not charge any extra.

We do have the Evolve Switch which allows you the ability to load either a standard or tuned file into your car. It would also allow us to re-write any file via email if BMW did a software upgrade so we would not have to physically come to Scotland (not that I have anything against Scotland).

The units are currently costing us 185 quid each and we do not put any mark up on them.

Alternatively, if there is a few of you wanting remaps, I could pay a visit for an extended mapping session.

Sultan
      04-16-2009, 04:21 PM   #18
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Prob to buy, but as below the price is putting me off a bit TBH. Be cool for you guys to help load the map up though

Agree, Bluefin seems a bargain, as does the ST3 (going to post a new thread in a mo on that)

Far be it for me to talk about other companies tuning solutions and pricing structure but all i can say is that we spent a lot of time developing our maps to ensure that our customers get the best possible experience that we can give them.

We price as competatively as we can for the product we sell.

If the next batch of Switches arrive before my trip, I'll bring one down but the 20 we had have just flown out both nationally and internationally.
      04-16-2009, 04:48 PM   #19
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
If BMW do a Software Upgrade, this does wipe any map we would put on so we would have to rewrite a new map for you. This is all covered in the initial price so we would not charge any extra.

We do have the Evolve Switch which allows you the ability to load either a standard or tuned file into your car. It would also allow us to re-write any file via email if BMW did a software upgrade so we would not have to physically come to Scotland (not that I have anything against Scotland).

The units are currently costing us 185 quid each and we do not put any mark up on them.

Alternatively, if there is a few of you wanting remaps, I could pay a visit for an extended mapping session.

Sultan
Thanks!

Aye, the switching unit is a requirement for me! Do you do a package price all in? PM me if you prefer.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 05:04 PM   #20
Sultan@evolve
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks!

Aye, the switching unit is a requirement for me! Do you do a package price all in? PM me if you prefer.
Just read your post again Pete and the Switch does not have the protocols for the 177ED version...........yet. It is currently being worked on so we would hope it won't be too long.

I'm sure Imran will post up as soon as it is available and we can then give you a cracking solution.
      04-16-2009, 05:25 PM   #21
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep

Is the switch something I could buy later on, or is it best to get everything done at the same time? I'm eager for power!! LOL!!

Sorry for all the questions!
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2009, 06:30 PM   #22
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

*** Can I at this point suggest that Evolve start a new thread in the Technical Section with full details on this Switch product? I think it is starting to appeal to quite a few members, and it would be a shame if the details are hidden away in a slightly obscure 'Manchester Visit' thread.... ***

EDIT - I've just started it Can technical questions on this Switch unit please be DIRECTED HERE, so they will easily benefit all forum members? Many thanks!

Manchester talk etc etc please carry on !!!!
Appreciate 0