Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Aftermarket Rims and BMW caps

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-14-2009, 10:16 AM   #1
Shoey5
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i Coupe

Aftermarket Rims and BMW caps

I'm searching for 19" rims for my 09 335i. One of the rims I'm looking at is the Avarus AV4 (http://www.avaruswheels.com). I thinks these rims with the black accent will be a good match to blue water metalic paint.

Anyways I doubt the BMW cap will be a direct fit over the manufacture's cap (anyone know?) so my question...Anyone know of a place that can create custom caps. Say I send them one of the caps from the aftermarket rim and they manufacture caps to fit with the BMW logo?

Also anyone know which rims (if any) besides Beyern can easily fit or can easily aquire BMW logo'd caps. Might sound dumb but I want nice "different" rims on my bimmer but still want to keep the signature BMW logo on the wheels to keep the OEM look of the car.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 12:32 PM   #2
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

You have to find out the size of the centercap as well as how it attaches to the wheels. I know the Beyern and Velocity wheels accept the OEM centercaps.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 12:47 PM   #3
david @ eas
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

Yeah just like Nick said, measure it up. The VMR wheels we sell here accept the OEM center caps so you're good to go if you go that route.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2009, 01:34 PM   #4
scottp999
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 4runner SR5

Garage List
2007 BMW 335  [9.00]
I know the MIRO m6 reps required a different size center cap. I got them from the vendor I bought the wheels from. There are many vendors selling the m6's (I think Nick has them). After you measure ask someone with M6 reps to see if they are the same size and then get those if it is.

I would do it, but I just got rid of the m6 wheels last week. My new CSL's accept the OEM part.
Appreciate 0