Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > New Breyton GTS's Vibrate... ?

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

04-09-2009, 08:56 PM   #1
northerndoc
Rep
Drives: 07' E90 335i Sedan 6MT Sport

New Breyton GTS's Vibrate... ?

Just had these put on tonight, got to driving home and noticed some vibration starting at about 55mph and up. Not real bad, but still shouldn't be there. Tires have about 60 mi on them now, just wondering if anyone out there has these on an e90 335i sport and has had vibration issues. I don't know if these need hubcentric rings or not. Searching hasn't turned up anything on the subject. Also, would anyone out there happen to know the centerbore dia of these wheels in case I need to order spacers? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2009, 09:10 PM   #2
KkSc
Major General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 13'FR-S/15' F80 M3

it happened to me when i got my breyton, and i tried to un-mount the tire and re-mount it back, then this issue has gone!!!

2015 F80 Alpine White M3
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2009, 10:37 AM   #3
E30M3Driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C, 97 M3

Garage List
2007 BMW 335i  [8.00]
1989 BMW M3  [8.20]
Could be a tire issue, a wheel issue or a balance problem. What brand of tire? What was the quality of the install shop? Do they have roadforce balancing equipment?

Performance Center Delivery, June 21, 2013: 2013 E92 335is | Le Mans Blue | Gray Leather with Black | 6MT | 19" Style 313's | Michelin Pilot Super Sports | BMW Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler |
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2009, 07:31 PM   #4
northerndoc
Rep
Drives: 07' E90 335i Sedan 6MT Sport

Tires are General Exclaim UHP's. As for the quality of the install shop- well, I wish I knew for sure, but it's Discount Tire. Some of them seem to have skilled help, others, not so much. I would assume since it is a rather new location, they have roadforce balancing equipment. I attempted to remove and remount the wheels/tires today and then re-torque them to specs, but didn't feel any real improvement. Thankfully the vibration/shimmy isn't bad, but it still doesn't feel like it should. I can't pinpoint whether it's coming from the front or back either, although you can feel it in the wheel pretty well. This Friday I will be heading back to the shop to have them re-check all the wheels for balance. Also going to head to the dealer and have them align the car as well, since I haven't had it done since I bought it. IF anyone has any other ideas I'd love to hear 'em. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #5
Gary@TireRack
United_States
Rep
Drives: Formerly 1995 M3

None of the GTS wheels need rings for your car, so that can't be it. If you bought them from us directly, my customer service dept can assist with directing you to a recommended installer and reimburse you for costs of diagnosing and correcting the issue. They can be reached at 1-800-428-8355, ext 360.

If you bought them on your own (not from us), try to find a shop that has a Hunter "road force" balancing machine.

Please refer to 'Gary/E90 Post' as your previous contact when you order online to help support this forum.
Appreciate 0