ZPOST
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   ZPOST > BMW Z4 Technical Talk > Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain Modifications
  TireRack

SUPPORT ZPOST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

03-19-2009, 07:42 PM   #1
Val
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 Z4 M Coupe

Help for a New Guy

Hey, I've been poking around the site for a while now, and I have some questions. I have a '07 coupe with the 3.0 Si.
1) If I wanted to do a little tinkering to get more out of the engine what would you guys suggest? I was looking at some of the posts and see you guys talking software, headers, exhaust, and differential, but I think that's usually what you guys suggest for someone with an M version, would the same apply for me?
2) What do you do for anti theft? I think the dealer put a LoJac in before I bought it but I didn't activate it thinking that if you had the BMW assist they could probably track the car. Would that be a correct assumption?
3) I think that BMW is crazy for changing the oil every 15,000. My wife drives an Audi A4 and they change it every 10,000, at around 104,000, the engine had to be re-built for oil sludging (Audi paid). So I'm figuring changing it every 5,000. Castrol synthetic I believe, any particular weight?
Finally, I just thought I would pass this on. There are like no coupes in Colorado. I was washing the car in front of the house a couple weeks back and some guy pulls up next to me and yells out the window "Thanks a lot asshole, now my old lady wants one of those" then drives away. Great way to meet your neighbors.
Appreciate 0