E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Northern NJ : E92 Buyers thread

07-08-2006, 10:03 PM   #1
Frosty
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M240i - 2021 - 6MT -

Northern NJ : E92 Buyers thread

Hello all,

I was thinking it would be nice to have a thread where those buying in Northern NJ area could post to each other on all things E92. If I recall Itallian Stallion and a fw others are buying a E92 for September /October ...or should I say no navi / navi.

Really looking forward to this car!

I just spoke with my dealer again tonight... here is what I decided...finalizing the deal Monday/Tuesday:

335i Coupe: Space Grey / Black Leathertte / Grey Poplar trim / ZCW / ZSP / BMW assist w/ bluetooth / power rear shade / navi with iDrive / comfort access keyless entry / metallic paint

...the only option I am questioning is hte Navi at $2K... I don't like paying MSRP, but I realize I f I want this car to enjoy this fall, lets say mid october into mid Nov, I will probably need to bite the bullet in NNJ at MSRP. I am by far not a wealthy person and this will be my first step into a car of this caliber (save a 2003 G35 which is amazing but not this amazing)...

On that note I generally buy car I really like and drive it forever as long as it does not have major issues so while this car is more than I should spend I will most likely keep it for 5 years+ my last two were 8+ years and G35 is not aol enough LOL.

Anyway...hope this thread will stay alive for those in and around NNJ

~Frost

Last edited by Frosty; 10-24-2006 at 08:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Ask them for an OTD price of $48,500. You should at least TRY to negotiate.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 10:19 PM   #3
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimshimhada
Ask them for an OTD price of $48,500. You should at least TRY to negotiate.

...agreed shim... I told my dealer I wanted inbetween...and we have just shy of $4K in markup between wholesale and MSRP... NNJ is a strange place, there are TONS of wealthy people around here and M5's are going at MSRP still his reply was, and as polite as a reply of this type can be, NO. THere are plenty of image concius people who want teh hottest thing now around here...

I dont feel loyalty to Prestige Paramus, ....I am feeling if I want a Sep / Oct delivery I will not get much of a deal around here, lets say a 50mi radius. I was not wise enough of a man in early May (May 5th I put down a deposit) to put a deposit down at like a half dozen dealerships within 30 miles.... so I only have a slot here at Paramus... if hte price on this car will be substantially lower in spring 2007 I could wait...however I imagine the difference would be split...lets say $2K savings to me... I dont think i will see anything like the $200-$1000 over invoice others speak of in Cali... ED sounds awesome but will not be good for me between now and Spring 2007

If anyone in the NNJ area has advice, let me know

~Frost
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 10:24 PM   #4
Straz M3
Never Lose
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E92 M3

NNJ as well...thats why I am going to NY to Wide World for my car...my CA is a good friend and I am definately not paying MSRP...

Sounds like you got a nice car coming in Frosty...You, Italian Stallion, and myself will definately have to meet up for a photoshoot...gonna be sick...

Alpine White, Space Grey, and I think Silver is what IS is getting...

Yes it definately is true...I checked DCSnet the other day and my car went from having a end of July build to a end of September build...oh well...Im gonna wait
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

Hey Straz! I think IS is getting a Black 335i.... Our photo shoot would be amazing! With a New England Fall as the backdrop in October.

I work near Wide World and visited them, they knew less than I did about the car, but that is to be expected as I have a desease when it comes to this toy and they told me they do not have allotment I can get in on....hmmm. If you learn more let me know. 2 cars is not 'volume' I guess

I work 2-3 miles from Wide World. It great working near there beracuse they sell quite a number of exotics there, one always catches Ferrari. Lambo, Mazerati around here...

~Frost
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 10:45 PM   #6
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

...a quick note on price...

My car build is $XXXXat MSRP and XXXXwholesale if I calculate correctly that leaves 'only' XXXXX play... that is not knowing anything about dealer 'kickbacks' taxes and destination are non negot....

...I know I am beating this to death.. LOL ~Frost

Last edited by Frosty; 10-24-2006 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #7
shimshimhada
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Portal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frosty

...a quick note on price...

My car build is $46,525.00 at MSRP and $42,745.00 wholesale if I calculate correctly that leaves 'only' $3780 of play... that is not knowing anything about dealer 'kickbacks' taxes and destination are non negot....

...I know I am beating this to death.. LOL ~Frost
I would just be a little more patient until there is a possibility of negotiating. The 335i isn't exactly a limited edition car, it's a mass-production coupe replacement. Especially if you're financing...we all know that $100 in a price difference can raise or lower the total cost by $1000 in the end.

Even a $2K saving would be great...mod money right there.

Having the first new model in your area is nice, but is the novelty really worth two grand?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 11:02 PM   #8
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

...I'm not that image concious, I'm just looking forward to driving the car LOL, I would love to drive it all fall and then possibly garage it over hte winter... or at least when it snows LOL.

2K for mods would be delicious.... I'm sure my CA is pushing me to sign so I will not move to another dealer.

In a strange way I dont want TOO much hassle in making this purchase, I dont want to drive to 5 dealers and negotiate. I will buy quasi cash / HELOC so I will not be dealing with dealership financing or leasing... $2K is not nothing to me but every hour I spend negotiating and driving around is time too. Not sure how much my time is worth LOL It would be nice to buy from a dealership that is a confortable driving distance between Pearl RIver NY and Ringwood NJ.. as I think this is a car I will definately use dealership for scheduled maintence.. repairs (gasp!) etc

....ahh I can ramble

I'm starign to picture a trio of cars in Black, Space Grey . White now.....

~Frost
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 11:05 PM   #9
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

I'm starign to picture a trio of cars in Black, Space Grey . White now.....

~Frost
If you 3 (or more members) really meet up for a photoshoot in the fall, I'll definitely be there with all my camera gear for some nice pics!

We'll have enough ppl/cars to do a little moving photoshoot. Something like this would be fun - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 11:56 PM   #10
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
If you 3 (or more members) really meet up for a photoshoot in the fall, I'll definitely be there with all my camera gear for some nice pics!

We'll have enough ppl/cars to do a little moving photoshoot. Something like this would be fun - http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1580

THis photo shoot would be lots of fun, totally. I am amazed how wonderful this car looks in motion on the recent released press videos... unbelieveable. BMW has always had stance down on their cars, especially the sport packages... I am amazed at how awesome hte stance of hte 335i looks out the box non slammed

Jason, it would be an honor to mee tthe moderator of this amazing site and to do hte phot shoot. If IS and Straz are in , I'm by all means game.

THe moving photo shoot sounds great... might need to pick up a hi rez Nikkon digital to acompany the car..

If we truly get black - grey - white would make for an AMAZING NNJ photo shoot. BMW NA would love it.

...I just realized I need to work for BMW in some way LOL

~Frost
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2006, 11:59 PM   #11
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

...P.S. Jason your Black Porsche Boxter is beautiful if that is yous in hte pics...~Frost
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 09:14 AM   #12
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:

...P.S. Jason your Black Porsche Boxter is beautiful if that is yous in hte pics...~Frost

I'll be there with my 335!!
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 10:46 AM   #13
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:

Thanks! Looking forward to shooting your E92's :rocks:
Subscribe to Bimmerpost Youtube Channel
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2006, 12:31 PM   #14
RichP
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80

I leased my 325 from Wide World in NY as well (I am from NYC) They are just over the NJ line in Rockland County, and they are much more reasonable than the dealerships of CT I used to deal with. They are more interested building volume and loyal customer base than waiting for the few people who can and will just pay MSRP.

Hey, if you dont get a discount of some sort, its basically just like throwing that money away!

Im jealous of all of you, I cant wait to get my 335! (my lease has 12 more months to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straz 335
NNJ as well...thats why I am going to NY to Wide World for my car...my CA is a good friend and I am definately not paying MSRP...

Sounds like you got a nice car coming in Frosty...You, Italian Stallion, and myself will definately have to meet up for a photoshoot...gonna be sick...

Alpine White, Space Grey, and I think Silver is what IS is getting...

Yes it definately is true...I checked DCSnet the other day and my car went from having a end of July build to a end of September build...oh well...Im gonna wait
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2006, 08:49 PM   #15
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

[COLOR="DarkGreen"]..It's official...

No second guessing, it's done, no regrets, MRSP, that’s OK, I'll get to enjoy my E92 in the Fall! ~CAN'T WAIT!~

Allegedly Prestige NNJ recieved a 4-car allotment for the 'first' run. The story I recieved was that first run or production is Early Sept for late Sept / early October... I heard here that US production cars will be built Aug but thats OK.. I ordered Navi so I imagine I will be second run, I just want it for October... dont have my number yet, enters system tomorrow AM

.................................................. ....................
335i Coupe: Space Grey / Black Leathertte / Grey Poplar trim / ZCW / ZSP / BMW assist w/ bluetooth / power rear shade / navi with iDrive / comfort access keyless entry / metallic paint

Last edited by Frosty; 10-24-2006 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2006, 03:01 PM   #16
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

..not sure if the NJ Straz.... Ital Stal crew are still here on this burried thread but just wanted to drop a line that my car in in VPC in Jersey City... should only be a week or two max before I get the car...

can't wait, really looking forward to driving..

~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2006, 03:41 PM   #17
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
..not sure if the NJ Straz.... Ital Stal crew are still here on this burried thread but just wanted to drop a line that my car in in VPC in Jersey City... should only be a week or two max before I get the car...

can't wait, really looking forward to driving..

~Frost
Frosty!!!!! I'm so jealous!! That is so awesome man!!

My car is on the Boheme, scheduled to dock on 10/11, I should have my car hopefully later that week Then we definately need to have a photo shoot! Once again congrats man... I can't wait to see our girls all lined up!! Have to keep in touch with Straz too and organize this shoot... should look amazing with the leaves changing :rocks:

My car: Jet black, saddle, walnut, navi, heated seats, zsp, zpp,
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2006, 05:40 PM   #18
MMakoto
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: lookin'

guys, got any places in the nnj area for meet yet? i'm just across the river, i might be interested if the time and place is right. although i'm not very familiar w/ nnj, but my navi should be able to get me around.
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #19
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMakoto
guys, got any places in the nnj area for meet yet? i'm just across the river, i might be interested if the time and place is right. although i'm not very familiar w/ nnj, but my navi should be able to get me around.
Sounds good! Once we fig out a day and time we will post it! Thanks! :rocks:
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #20
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

..it's evolved into a 4 car meet!

I just got the call from my dealership that my car is avaialble! I sould have it in hte next few days.... wow after all this wait, will be so nice to drive it.

~Frost
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 03:43 PM   #21
Frosty
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ
Frosty!!!!! I'm so jealous!! That is so awesome man!!

My car is on the Boheme, scheduled to dock on 10/11, I should have my car hopefully later that week Then we definately need to have a photo shoot! Once again congrats man... I can't wait to see our girls all lined up!! Have to keep in touch with Straz too and organize this shoot... should look amazing with the leaves changing :rocks:

My car: Jet black, saddle, walnut, navi, heated seats, zsp, zpp,

Looking forward to meeting Up!! Lets keep this thread alive..~Frosty
Prelude (5MT) (1995)
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2006, 05:28 PM   #22
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:

..it's evolved into a 4 car meet!

I just got the call from my dealership that my car is avaialble! I sould have it in hte next few days.... wow after all this wait, will be so nice to drive it.

~Frost
Frostyyy I can't wait to see your ride man... and to get mine!! Should be here this time next week?
Appreciate 0