BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > DIY Guides/ Discussions

Mporium BMW

03-11-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
dean_g
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: MW F80 M3

front plate removal..

so i went to a bodyshop to see what had to be done in order to remove the front plate and i was told they have to remove the whole bumper cover the holes and then repaint the whole thing..

thats a pain in the ass and in my wallet.. any ideas on how it could be done without removing the bumper? has anyone else done this.??
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 08:49 AM   #2
rawedge2
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 STI - 08 M3

I took my plate and plate holder off and simply put the screws back into the holes in the bumper..
my cars black and so are the screws so you can barely notice them...

You can also get bumper plugs (which i dont necessarily like only cuz they stick out too far).. i think you can order them the color of your car...

last thing ive seen are these vinyl round stickers (bout the size of a dime) that body shops usually have.. they would paint the color of the car and you stick them over the holes.. its still visible, yet less than a bumper plug cuz its flush..
      03-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
doba_s
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 l Cayenne l 997.2RS

Quote:
Originally Posted by dean_g View Post
so i went to a bodyshop to see what had to be done in order to remove the front plate and i was told they have to remove the whole bumper cover the holes and then repaint the whole thing..

thats a pain in the ass and in my wallet.. any ideas on how it could be done without removing the bumper? has anyone else done this.??
go to a different bodyshop ... it can be done without taking it off and repainting it ...
Appreciate 0