E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Dinan and Software Version

02-24-2009, 02:10 PM   #1
smartys
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 e93 335i

Dinan and Software Version

Hey all,

I just got the Dinan Stage II tune done to my car......and I love it....but this is NOT a post to discuss or review the tune, or to compare it to all the piggybacks, etc out there....Let me just say that warranty and reliability were of the utmost importance to me, and fortunately I have money to burn......

Having said that, my question is regarding the BMW Software version and the Dinan flash.....So before I had the flash done, I found out that my car was running "version 31.x" BMW software....So now that my car's ECU was flashed, does that mean it completely overrides whatever software was on there before, or do they run "in parallel" with each other, so to speak. I asked the Dinan guys the same question, but they really didn't answer my question.....

I was just wondering if I had version 32 on my stock bmw, which apparently "addressed the turbo lag issue", would my car perform better with the Dinan software than with version 31.....

This is probably a total noob question, and for that, I apologize in advance....

But I welcome the flaming and the sarcastic remarks.....(I know methodtim is gonna chime in for sure, lol)

Take care guys, and thanks for looking....

marty