BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Midwest / Rockies

Mporium BMW

02-21-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Options/Price for Denver Clearbra and Window Tint

I called IDS Window Tint for a quote.

4' hood, front bumper, lights, front fenders to past the wheel flair, and mirrors: $2,000!!!
24" hood, rest the same: $1,250.
18" hood, rest the same: $1,000.

Can you believe it? Is that typical? I asked him if there was a dealer discount if done directly through them (as my car is still on order). He said it may actually cost a little more. He said they do Denver Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc., and of course BMW. He recommended going direct to IDS, not through dealer. More control/quality to get what you want. He also said that the dealers also only typically do a 12" strip on the hood.

Lifetime warranty on the installation and 5-yr. factory warranty on the material, which is 3M Clear Mask.

Window tint is $225-250 all around (except windshield, of course), depending on grade you want.

I wasn't prepared to pay that much. I'm torn. Want a top-notch quality product to protect the car and look good, but wow... What did you guys find when you did your rides???? Don't want to get taken, but also don't want a shoddy second-rate job. Thoughts appreciated.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
signes
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991 GT3 RS

Wound up getting about the same absurd quote from them through Schomp. They are supposedly good but I can't verify that personally. I think to be worthwhile you need to do about 12-20 inches of the hood, A-pillars, mirror housings, lights and the full front bumper. I haven't done either bra or tint yet but will do tint in the next month or two. I have a friend that goes to an independent guy who has similar prices for tint but quality I have seen.

There was a guy that PM'd me a while back who does road trips through the area and offered to do a bra for less money. I can send you his name if you'd like.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2009, 07:50 PM   #3
codykerst
The New Guy!
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Space Grey on Black

Who ever did my clear bra at Murray SUCKS!!! I need it redone bad!
Thanx for the tip!
09 White on Black Bugatti Veyron - Next in Line!
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #4
mkdiehl
Rep
Drives: '08 M3 Sedan, 6MT

I have used IDS on three cars so far (tint only though). Seems to be a good job/place. No issues so far but I haven't had a car they have done longer than 3 years.

You may find, as I did, that the 250 quote for the windows will go to 350 once they see your car......Apparently my 08 has some kind of plastic piece inside the window that they had to take the door panel off and cut off so it didn't scratch the tint.

I would be curious if you find the same when/if you go there.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 12:40 AM   #5
Woody74
Rep
Drives: 2003 e46 M3 6MT

I am new to this forum and the Denver area as well. I did have my car tinted at TinTeks in Denver and Dan (owner) did a great job. He mentioned that if I wanted a clear bra that I would be looking at 800-1000 dollars. Hid work was very good in my experience. He is also tinting my buddies WRX this spring. I hope this helps.

-Joe

http://tinteks.com/index.php
Appreciate 0