E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > KW Street Comforts Round Two

02-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #1
rcusick
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335

KW Street Comforts Round Two

So... My previous settings for Street Comforts were .5 inch lowered in front; no lowering in back. I was trying to imitate a slight "rake" that both the BMW performance suspension and Dinan suspensions introduce in their packages. My only complaint to date was that the KW's seemed a little "twitchy" in front at a 6 setting.

Without going into the whole story, I raised the KW's yesterday and just got my alignment done. Not only does the car look more balanced, but the suspension is now perfect (at 6 in front 9 in back). Perfect ride comfort, "twitchy" feeling is gone. Excellent handling. Also, excellent clearance (with a slightly lowered look; maximum height lowers about .5 inch from stock ZSP). SO, I recommend anyone getting these for "comfort", try a range of height settings to see what suits you best.

Another possibility - if you want to lower, maybe try v2's??? Someone - Harold or Orb - I think mentioned that Street Comforts have a more "linear" spring setting geared toward "comfort" and assuming that KW street comfort's won't be lowered as much. V2's may be more suited to lowering??? Help me here...

RC
Appreciate 0