BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-12-2009, 09:18 AM   #1
tgbeamer
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 135i & 330XI

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
2008 135i -must sell $36,800

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
This is a sad day for me... but I am forced to sell my prized possession... I have Over $49,000 invested in this...One of Kind- limited edition "Year one of the One"...
Original Certificate of Authenticity and Assembly number...
This car is in Showroom condition...

**3.0-liter, twin-turbocharged inline 6-cylinder engine M-sport With only 8,000 miles on it !
*Also purchased extended 50,000 mile warranty (covered for 100,000 mile a $2,500 option)
**18" ASA Sport wheels (aftermarket) w/Yokohama S-drive wheels ($1,500 option)
*** Professionally tinted windows ($500)
*** 3M clear bra protective cover ($1,000 option)
See TnT s website for more details on this protective
http://www.tntwindowtint.com/services.htm
** Aluminum foot pedals ($125)
** Iphone Docking system $400 option
**Car Cover Form fitted ($295)
**subscription for BMW Assist for 2 years ($400)
** Collectors Edition "Year One of the 1" Leather bound (120 page) book ( Only available with this Limited Edition BMW)
** Ultimate Driving Machine DVD set- 135i story

*** some of the options: Anti-Lock Brakes, Anti-Theft, CD Player, Dual Air Bag, Intermittent Wipers, Keyless Entry, Power Mirrors, Power Steering, Power Windows, Rear Defroster, Power Locks, Sunroof, Cruise Control, Heated Mirrors, Rain Sensor Wipers, Xenon Headlights, blue tooth .plus

Every available option!!!!:
Montego Blue Metallic
Black Boston Leather
Glacier Silver Aluminum Trim
Cold Weather Package
Premium Package
Sport Package
Comfort Access system
iPod and USB adapter
Premium hi-fi system
iPod Interface Adapter
18" wheels w/performance tires
Iphone Docking system $400 option

All scheduled maintenance, Always garaged, Custom wheels, Fully loaded, Low mileage 8,000 miles, Maintenance records available, Must see, Never seen snow, New tires, Non-smoker, One owner, Performance tires, Power everything, Still under factory warranty,

Only serious inquiries-please
call or email to see
Trent
Madison WI
trentgerber@yahoo.com
608-698-4404

Attached Images

Last edited by tgbeamer; 02-19-2009 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: Add mileage
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 09:22 AM   #2
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
dam that is loaded.... nice car and options

I dont see asking price or mileage- that may help

gl with your sale!
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
cadeucsb
Captain
Rep
Drives: TiAg 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by izzodesh View Post
dam that is loaded.... nice car and options

I dont see asking price or mileage- that may help

gl with your sale!
yea, what are you looking to get and how many miles? Any interior pics?
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 09:40 AM   #4
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Not feelin those aftermarket wheels.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 09:49 AM   #5
tgbeamer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Nice catch- I missed that-
I'm only Asking $36,800 OBO
and I'm selling it with the Stock Wheels and/or the aftermarket wheels (for those of you who don't like them- LOL
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 10:08 AM   #6
tgbeamer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
I will have more pics later today or tomorrow...

I tried everything I could not to sell it- but I have no choice- this was my dream car -but lost my job and can not afford to have it now...
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #7
lannypoffo
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 Dodge Charger SRT8

Post mileage and delete your other duplicate post.
      02-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #8
mkPOTO
Mr. Nice Says Hello
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 | X5 xdrive 35i MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lannypoffo View Post
Post mileage and delete your other duplicate post.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 01:16 PM   #9
tgbeamer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
This is from an email that I sent to a really nice guy yesterday and I thought it was a valid enough question to put out there to hopefully help other potential future 135i owners- or those in the market and just trying to get all the facts....I know we all have our opinions so please everyone understand that this is my experience- and yours may be different-and that is all good...Keep in mind this was also in response to a specific comparisson email that I received...

I have had a couple of people ask me about the pricing on the 2008 vs the 2009's...

what should they do? The are on the fence between buying an '08 or going ahead and buying a new '09. I wanted to provide a little insight that I think will be helpful..(in part because I thought the same thing when I was buying my ’08 last year and had the very rude awakening at the closing of the deal)

At first glance it appears that the amount is very close and maybe even cheaper to buy a new ’09… But in reality the pricing that is being compared is not entirely accurate. Pricing to order a 2009 135i begins at $35,800…

However, it is very important when wanting to compare apples to apples that once you add all of the options/packages included from the factory (not including the $$$$ of additional options that I added once the car was delivered) the cost jumps up to $44,650 !!!! But wait- this amount does not include tax, title, and any misc charges from the dealer… that can add up to $1,000 plus bringing the total up to well over $45,500 !!!

So what it comes down to is: Do you want to own one of the original limited edition “Year 1 of the One” cars that is as close to showroom new with only 8000 miles and Thousands of $$$$ dollars in options (including an extended warranty – which includes all oil changes, brakes, and even a new clutch [after 50,000 mile mark]- at no charge for 100,000).

Or do you want to spend up to $10,000 more for a car that is to the naked eye identical- with less options and is not even one full year newer. For some the answer to that question is “yes- I want the new car direct from the factory” (Also, keep in mind you then will probably have to wait for 2 months to have your car built, shipped, transported, inspected before you can actually drive it.) …

If you answer is YES - that is OK with me... I completely respect that decision- that was my decision in February 2008.

My only goal from this letter is to make sure that people have a more detailed understanding of what they are comparing their decision on.

This car is as close to brand new as you will EVER find... I have been flexible with price (I actually just lowered the price from $38,900 to $36,950 last week in an effort to show my commitment to selling it as fast as possible).
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #10
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Well, not to sound too criticizing, but there are some inherent flaws in your analysis (which in no way should take away anything from your car, it seems it was kept in prestine condition and I wish you luck).

If we didn't find ourselves in the current economic scenario - credit crunch where banks are not lending, people either don't have jobs, or are earning substantially less, or are fearing they may be losing their job, etc. etc. etc. (not to further blacken what is already a grim picture), then saving a few bucks by buying used may have some merit. But put this in reality and current perspective, i wrote a similar note to a gentleman who was wondering why his add wasn't generating enough interest:

At the end of the day you are trying to recoup most of what was a substantial investment (including mods which btw most buyer will either attribute no value, or is some cases even detract from the value the way they see it). In this economy cash buyers are tough to come buy, at any level, let alone above $30K. Even lending institutions are shutting off even good credits, and most people prefer to get a 2% interest from BMW and pay a few K more to get into a brand new car, than pay 8% bank loan on a used car(if they even get approved for such!). In fact their payments may be less on a higher sticker price financed at 2% rather than 8% on a lower principal balance and on a used car on top of it all. And of course the added benefit of being the first owner, rather than hoping original owner followed brake in procedures and babied the car, and they can option it just to their liking (and of course having an extra yr of maintenance and warranty).

So $5K is perhaps meaningful on an all-cash deal. But if choice is financing $35K at 8% and buying used, vs. financing $40K at 2% and having a brand new car with all the options you want and none that you dont, proven history, longer warranty, and all the goood stuff associated with a new car, then the 'arbitrage' of buying used has all of a sudden disapated...
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 02:47 PM   #11
singular
Captain
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i ppk cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgbeamer View Post
So what it comes down to is: Do you want to own one of the original limited edition “Year 1 of the One” cars
FYI - they're still building "Year 1 of the One" cars until end Feb.

Also, the 2009's have some nice improvements in the iDrive and don't have the HPFP problem.

Then there's La Manz blue and the M Sport Package....

And the economy....

Nice car, but I think you should take these into consideration.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #12
tgbeamer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Well, not to sound too criticizing, but there are some inherent flaws in your analysis (which in no way should take away anything from your car, it seems it was kept in prestine condition and I wish you luck).

But if choice is financing $35K at 8% and buying used, vs. financing $40K at 2% and having a brand new car with all the options you want and none that you dont, proven history, longer warranty, and all the goood stuff associated with a new car, then the 'arbitrage' of buying used has all of a sudden disapated...
I like your thinking- that is why I bought a new 2008 instead of used 2004 M3 (relatively the same cost). However, only because I recently bought a used 330xi and I can say from experience that the interest rate for a used BMW is actually much closer to 5.75% to 6.5% (and that was for a 2001). I have seen some BMW used car interest rates as low as 3.9%.

Regardless – my reason for commenting is that again- we don’t appear to be comparing apples to apples… a 2008 BMW selling for $35k should be compared to it’s 2009 equal pricing –which would be closer to $46k…(that will depreciate the second you drive it of the lot- as I know all too well- LOL )… Even if you put $15k down on it your monthly payment is in the $650-$700/month range.

If you put the same $15k (or even reduce the amount put down on it to $10k) on the 2008- you’re reducing the loan amount to about $20k – The Monthly payment then for the slightly used 2008 will be a much more realistic monthly payment amount – saving you $$$ hundreds of dollars a month… and if you were foolish enough to buy the extended 50,000 warranty (like I was- thinking I would have the car for 15 years)… it becomes an even great added value…

All of you make excellent points…I see both sides and BELIEVE ME - I would NOT EVER get rid of my blue baby if there weren’t extenuating circumstances. I planned on keeping this car for a long long time… I will lose a lot of money (depreciation & that I invested in this car)- I’m hoping to save others from making the same errors mostly because I did not think about all the contingencies and variables.

I wish I had spent more time on this site before I bought my new car last year… You all have excellent ideas and view and I love how there is so much great input and support.. I appreciate all of your comments and notes…

When I can finally by my next one I will definitely be sure to ask for help here first…thanks again to everyone…

Now will someone please buy this car so I don’t have to divorce my wife and move to Nebraska… LOL

Appreciate 0
      02-14-2009, 10:37 AM   #13
cpandrewschmidt
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 n55 135i dct

Bump for a fellow Madisonite. gosh i want that car.....dang wives.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #14
britm3
Rep
Drives: 04 330i PP

Just so you guys have a some numbers to reference:
Used Car Loan for 35k; 60 months @ ~7% = $693 per month
New BMW Loan for 38k; 60 months @ 3.9% = $698 per month

So if you want to compare a private sale BMW to a Dealer car that has access to the 3.9% financing you have ~3k more buying power by in terms of financing if you go new in this example.

Only other point is MSRP comments, left over 08's are going below invoice and 09's are at invoice + 500 .
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 10:57 PM   #15
M3_Dust
Michelin Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535i M Sport

this forum needs a rule about questioning a seller's price in his thread, people are crapping all over this one. I'd suggest you guys go to www.bmwusa.com and configure the car the same way, figure you can get ~$2k off the MSRP, add in the tax and license fees, then take a step back and realize this guy is selling his car for $10k less than a new one would cost you (not including tint and clearbra), and it has factory extended warranty, which will also cost you (a lot) more.

totally fair deal IMHO, best of luck with the sale, sorry she has to go
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2009, 11:09 PM   #16
blklacker
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i

mileage please?????

-135i BSM, CRBL ,custom front lip/Indianapolis red fade, blacked out tail lights/corner headlights, golf tee, BMS Air intake, SSTT, CF spoiler,Powdered coated OEM rims gunmetal high gloss,custom Rear diffuser Black/Indianapolis red fade
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #17
tgbeamer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
about 8000 miles- stored since Oct 08- Never seen Snow does that help?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 01:15 PM   #18
bman6074
Major
Rep
Drives: 14 M235i and 07 Lotus Exige S

Is this car still for sale?
      03-12-2009, 02:00 PM   #19
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_Dust View Post
this forum needs a rule about questioning a seller's price in his thread, people are crapping all over this one. I'd suggest you guys go to www.bmwusa.com and configure the car the same way, figure you can get ~$2k off the MSRP, add in the tax and license fees, then take a step back and realize this guy is selling his car for $10k less than a new one would cost you (not including tint and clearbra), and it has factory extended warranty, which will also cost you (a lot) more.

totally fair deal IMHO, best of luck with the sale, sorry she has to go
There are several car forums, such as Pelican for Porsche, where no comments on for sale ads are allowed. I think it's a good policy.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 04:50 PM   #20
jkp1187
Unindicted co-conspirator
United_States
Rep
Drives: to work, mostly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichd View Post
There are several car forums, such as Pelican for Porsche, where no comments on for sale ads are allowed. I think it's a good policy.
I agree.

And if I lived in Wisconsin, I'd take a serious look at this car.

One question for the good of the order: Steptronic or manual?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 09:18 PM   #21
WaFu
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M135iA

I think it was sold.
      03-19-2009, 06:44 PM   #22
zoner
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Spoke to Trent this afternoon and it is SOLD.
Appreciate 0