E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > a little bmw induced hate...

06-23-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
kdan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e46 coupe

a little bmw induced hate...

Kinda funny situation happened to me yesterday:

I'm leaving the local video store in my e46(2004 black on black, nice wide wheels, freshly waxed ). Its a cramped little parking lot, with one way out/in, that goes into a 4 lane street (kind of a busy street). I am taking a right and the exit driveway is barely wide to accomodate two small cars side by side. As I am waiting to turn, I see a HUGE ford truck trying to take a right into the same driveway. I consider darting out into the street, but the truck puls 3/4 of the way in, blocking the ppl behind him and blocking me! I throw it in R, and back up, giving him some (enough) room, he pulls in a little, then lays on the horn! I pul back like 10 more feet and he finally pulls all the way in. He pulls up next to me and glares at me (late 20s early 30s, heavy set, tough guy look, you know)
Me:"hey man, what do you want me to do? I backed up?" (calmly, with a hint of a$$hole sarcasm)
Guy:yelling "why are blocking the whole road,im trying to get in, if youre gonna drive a fancy car, move it out of the way. You wouldn't be happy if I hit would ya? then would have to flip out on you!!!"
me: (calmly, with even more sarcasm, smiling at the absurdity of this conversation). "I backed up, please tell me, what did you want me do?"
guy: "you backed up like two feet, and I almost killed myself pulling in because you give me enough room!!!"
Me:I started to say, "how about you get an 18wheeler and take it to the video store cause I dont think your truck is big enough", but then I thought to myself, why spend another second on this? Also, I smiled to myself because I was flattered by his complimenting my car. So I smiled at him, shook my head and went on my way.

Would this have happend if I was in a honda?
I am very proud of myself in this situation, being a 23yr old kid, just 1 yr out of college, I feel like I acted like more of an adult in this situation.

(for boston area ppl, this was at the Hollywood video in Watertown)

Last edited by kdan; 06-24-2006 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 09:30 AM   #2
CMD
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdan

I'm leaving the local video store in my e46(2004 black on black, nice wide wheels, freshly waxed ). Its a cramped little parking lot, with one way out/in, that goes into a 4 lane street (kind of a busy street). I am taking a right and the exit driveway is barely wide to accomodate two small cars side by side. As I am waiting to turn, I see a HUGE ford truck trying to take a right into the same driveway. I consider darting out into the street, but the truck puls 3/4 of the way in, blocking the ppl behind him and blocking me! I throw it in R, and back up, giving him some (enough) room, he pulls in a little, then lays on the horn! I pul back like 10 more feet and he finally pulls all the way in. He pulls up next to me and glares at me (late 20s early 30s, heavy set, tough guy look, you know)
Me:"hey man, what do you want me to do? I backed up?" (calmly)
Guy:yelling "why are blocking the whole road,im trying to get in, if youre gonna drive a fancy car, move it out of the way. You wouldn't be happy if I hit would ya? then would have to flip out on you!!!"
me: (calmly, smiling at the absurdity of this conversation). "I backed up, please tell me, what did you want me do?"
guy: "you backed up like two feet, and I almost killed myself pulling in because you give me enough room!!!"
Me:I started to say, "how about you get an 18wheeler and take it to the video store cause I dont think your truck is big enough", but then I thought to myself, why spend another second on this? Also, I smiled to myself because I was flattered by his complimenting my car. So I smiled at him, shook my head and went on my way.

I am very proud of myself in this situation, being a 23yr old kid, just 1 yr out of college, I feel like I acted like more of an adult in this situation.

kdan, You handled that very well, I'm proud of you, serioulsly. And of course that would not have happened if you were driving a Honda. Sad but true!

Take care.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
climkt
Bimmer Manual all the way
Singapore
Rep
Drives: e90 320i manual

that guy is obviously cruising for a bruising. could have been nasty scenario if u were a hot headed driver.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

If (according to him) backing up two feet would kill him, I would just say, "In that case maybe I shouldn't have backed up at all?"

Watertown is awful, I refuse to drive down there anymore. Anywhere else in the world, that person would have waited the five seconds it would take for you to get out of the driveway and then pull in. He probably got in a fight with his boyfriend and wanted to take out his anger on the general public. He was on his way to rent Brokeback Mountain to calm down and you just happened to be that person in between him and his watching butt sexors..

Don't take it personally, know you're the much better person, and carry on with your day..
J49

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.

Last edited by Josh49; 06-23-2006 at 11:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 09:37 AM   #5
vladinecko
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.00]
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
1994 BMW 325i  [0.00]
now, people like that should be featured in those VW "Low Ego Emissions" ads because the guy is definitely suffering from the small penis syndrome.
1994 E36 325i - Boston Green/Beige/Automatic/ZPP/Heated Seats/Premium Sound - Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 09:38 AM   #6
Ghunger
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMD
kdan, You handled that very well, I'm proud of you, serioulsly. And of course that would not have happened if you were driving a Honda. Sad but true!

Take care.
I dunno about that. Some people are just A-holes and it doesn't matter what you did, or what you drive, he's still gonna be an A-hole.

330i Monaco Blue, Terra /w aluminum trim, SP, PP, CA, PDC, Nav, Folding Seats, Sat Prep
European Delivery Blog
Picture Gallery
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 09:39 AM   #7
Josh49
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 325xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladinecko
now, people like that should be featured in that VW "Low Ego Emissions" ads because the guy is definitely suffering from the small penis syndrome.

I was definitely going to point out that he was compensating for something!!

E90 325XI, MYSTIC BLUE ON BLACK/ALUM, STEP, NAV, PDC, CWP, XENON, SIRIUS, ALARM, MUD GUARDS, CLEARBRA, CHROME GRILLS AND TIPS, VALENTINE 1 (HARDWIRED), HO CERAMIC 40%, 161'S, REAR FOG MOD, LUX 4.0, BLACKLINES, OEM PEDALS, MTEC FOGS, GRUPPE-M REP INTAKE. 156'S AND RUBBER MATS FOR THE WINTER.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 10:08 AM   #8
335I talian Stallion NJ
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 Z4 3.0I

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdan

Me:"hey man, what do you want me to do? I backed up?" (calmly)
me: (calmly, smiling at the absurdity of this conversation). "I backed up, please tell me, what did you want me do?"

Open the glove box...reach inside... gunna wreck this fucker's ride
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 11:43 AM   #9
CMC
OO(|||)(|||)OO
Rep
Drives: b6 A4 quattro & e85 Z4 SMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ

"cause I gotta bad habit!"

Seriously, though, good on ya.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 11:50 AM   #10
siriusinvestor
Captain
Rep
Drives: 1989 Ugo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh49
If (according to him) backing up two feet would kill him, I would just say, "In that case maybe I shouldn't have backed up at all?"

Watertown is awful, I refuse to drive down there anymore. Anywhere else in the world, that person would have waited the five seconds it would take for you to get out of the driveway and then pull in. He probably got in a fight with his boyfriend and wanting to take out his anger on the general public. He was on his way to rent Brokeback Mountain to calm down and you just happened to be that person in between him and his watching butt sexors..

Don't take it personally, know you're the much better person, and carry on with your day..
J49
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 12:34 PM   #11
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Yeah that was pretty good of ya. I probably would've darted out from the get go or cussed out the driver.
      06-23-2006, 12:48 PM   #12
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

that would happen probably no matter what you were driving unless it was a muscle car, or a truck (respected by rednecks). houston has a ton monster truck redneck guys, and i think they'd care for a honda as much as a bemer quite frankly.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 12:51 PM   #13
kdan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e46 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiann
Yeah that was pretty good of ya. I probably would've darted out from the get go or cussed out the driver.

Yea, darting out would be good, except u gotta see the slope of this driveway when it connects with the street. If you go over .2 mph = nose will scrape+rear wheels (af 18in rims) will rub into the fender=:mad:
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #14
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

you shouldn't have backed up at all, just exited the lot as he blocked traffic for you.

you have to take your right of way and get out of the lot (nobody could have hit you, the truck had the lane you wanted to be in blocked)

you have a BMW time to start learning to be a pushy driver like the rest of us!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 07:51 PM   #15
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward
you shouldn't have backed up at all, just exited the lot as he blocked traffic for you.

you have to take your right of way and get out of the lot (nobody could have hit you, the truck had the lane you wanted to be in blocked)

you have a BMW time to start learning to be a pushy driver like the rest of us!
Yeah, if you don't move they can't move either so he would've gotten out.
      06-23-2006, 07:56 PM   #16
ZuerstBMW
¡Viva España!
Rep
Drives: 2023 230i Mineral White

You should have said you didnt see him, since his truck is so damn small.
      06-23-2006, 08:26 PM   #17
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List

06-23-2006, 09:35 PM   #18
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

I would have popped a cap in his ass...
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 09:44 PM   #19
seahawk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 550i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335I talian Stallion NJ
LOL, might as well get out the baseball bat!
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 09:57 PM   #20
monolith
Private
Rep
Drives: none

You were too passive in that exchange. You should've punched him in the teeth.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 10:13 PM   #21
bostoniant
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [0.00]
bravo, kdan. you truly did handle it like an adult (with nothing to prove since the bmw roundel says it all anyway).
by the way, you've inspired me for a new acronym for BMW: bigger man wins.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2006, 10:22 PM   #22
ward
Major General
Rep
Drives: F

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostoniant
bravo, kdan. you truly did handle it like an adult (with nothing to prove since the bmw roundel says it all anyway).
by the way, you've inspired me for a new acronym for BMW: bigger man wins.

wrong

kdan acted like an intimidated kid and almost got roughed up.

he let himself get pushed around when he could have just exited the parking lot with no drama whatsoever.

A bigger man would have exited the parking lot and there would have been no confrontation. In this case kdan's passiveness caused the confrontation.
Appreciate 0