BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-02-2009, 04:33 PM   #1
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
Looking for a 135i 6-spd manual coupe

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Folks, I am looking to get into either an 08 or an 09 135i coupe 6-speed manual (I will not consider autos or convertibles). Here are the trims and options I care for, if someone has interest either PM me or post on this thread.

Color: will accept just about anything other than Black. Black may look sharp, but too hard to keep clean and too many black cars on the road. Among fave colors are LeMans Blue (or other blue variations such as Montego but preferably lighter), Graphite, SpaceGray, Alpine White. Don't care about red but not a deal breaker necessarily as the black would probably be.

Must have options: Sports Package, Leather Seats, Heated seats (preferably in black or beige, would consider red but a bit extreme for my case; also prefer dark poplar wood over anything else but fairly open when it comes to the trim)

Options I wouldn't mind: PDC, Nav (actually won't care much for it if it is an 08 as it has the iDrive I detest), i-Pod interface, Sirius, B/T retrofit

Useless options: i.e. options that in my case I would not pay anything extra for even if the car came with them: Premium package, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Upgraded sound, BMW Assist, various other smaller items

Mileage: Anything under 6K is game. Will I consider up to 10K? Likely, but all else has to be right on the car for me to do it.

History: preferably (or pretty much exclusively) 1 owner car, documented history (i.e. service records). No accidents, even if it were a fender bender that required a minor re-spray.

Mods: prefer stock cars, though will consider lightly but tastefully modded cars (obviously a subjective term), such as BMW performance accessories et all. Won't offer a premium for any software, cold air intake or other alleged upgrades as I would like to do those myself (should I do them at all).

Not trying to be stringent or too restrictive, but rather trying to be more productive of people's (and my) time. If you have a car for sale that fits these requirements, feel free to reach out to me. I am not going to consider anything in the mid to high $30s, because at that stage I will order a brand new one with Euro delivery (7% off on top of negotiated discount) and the added benefit is I can option it out with what I need (which isn't much!) So in other words, don't lose and your and my time offering a car for $37.9 on the premise it was $44.5 when new...

PS: I am in the Northeast so prefer something fairly local.

Last edited by ///M1; 02-02-2009 at 04:52 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 05:09 PM   #2
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

M1, the cheapest I've seen for sale here is an 11K miles AW 135 with just the sport package, at $32K. You're going to have a hard time finding anything with low miles and some of the options you want for below mid-30s.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for the color, ulrichd. One thing to keep in mind is the difference between prices that are OFFERED, vs. prices that are clearing. If a car is offered at a certain price, in almost all cases it is actually sold lower.

I am actually in discussions with an interested party that is local to me and I have seen the car. Leather, heated seats, sports package, under 3K miles, tire and rim protection warranty (pretty much the options I would get if I were to buy a new one now). Neither I nor the seller are in a hurry to do it this week, but considering I am a cash buyer in this economy and depreciation going only one way, I would say that I am in a better leverage position and willing to wait it out if I have to, or pull the trigger fast for the car that 'rocks my boat' fully.

I also have access to Manheim, will likely be going there in a week or so. Tough to say what will show up, and I am willing to pay a premium and get a car I can actually meet the owner (hence why I am on this board) than a car that is with little known history (e.g. body part respray, fender bender, etc. though granted most of these cars given how new they are are accident free and in many cases are bank repossessions). But if the discount is meaningful (and at these auctions it often is, you should see what 07 997TT or Lambos are going for these days ut I digress), I may pull the trigger there.

I am a mature buyer and will disclose what my options are as I progress in my search. My intent is not to low ball people, but at the end of the day consumate a transaction that works well for both parties. I will likely be giving an update of what options I have in the principal of full disclosure, so folks feel I am being fair and not in the hunt to extort someone...

Last edited by ///M1; 02-15-2009 at 11:48 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:12 PM   #4
ulrichd
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 128i M-Sport

Keep in mind that a fender bender, if it shows up on carfax, will impact your resale value down the road.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 06:16 PM   #5
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulrichd View Post
Keep in mind that a fender bender, if it shows up on carfax, will impact your resale value down the road.
Fully agreed.

Last edited by ///M1; 02-15-2009 at 11:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:24 AM   #6
Jumpman
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: .

Hah, my car is damn close to what you specified in the original post. I'm not local to you, though. I'm also not 100% sure about giving up my car but I have been thinking about it a little, in part due to my 2 speeding tickets already this year
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 02:59 PM   #7
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
Hah, my car is damn close to what you specified in the original post. I'm not local to you, though. I'm also not 100% sure about giving up my car but I have been thinking about it a little, in part due to my 2 speeding tickets already this year
I am willing to consider cars outside my immediate area if sellers are good with this too. For the right car that suits my needs I recon it is worth going through the extra logisitcs. Feel free to PM me if you decide to explore this option. Thx
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:14 PM   #8
Face
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I've been looking as well, I think in a few months there will start to be 1-series hitting lots and then there will be some transparancy in pricing.

I've been looking for a while for a good deal, haven't found one yet on these boards. There have been some good deals, but they've already sold and personally the timing was bad. I'll probably get more serious in March once I get back from my wedding/honeymoon.

Later this spring I'm hoping to pay about $24k-28k for a 2008 135i with normal mileage & condition. That's about 65-70% of an MSRP between 36k-40k. If the economy hadn't tanked, I'd bet that all these cars would be selling for 75%+ of MSRP due to the limited production and it being a new model.
Appreciate 0
      02-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
gtaday51
gone but not forgotten
United_States
Rep
Drives: gone 135 - Hello 1M!

Hope you don't have a preference to Graphite. It was 2008 only color and the only graphite bimmer I know of is my 1er. And this is gonna sound dumb. But try auto trader and try going into a pre-owned bimmer store. They usually are kind enough to check stock in other dealers for you.
      02-05-2009, 02:08 PM   #10
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtaday51 View Post
Hope you don't have a preference to Graphite. It was 2008 only color and the only graphite bimmer I know of is my 1er. And this is gonna sound dumb. But try auto trader and try going into a pre-owned bimmer store. They usually are kind enough to check stock in other dealers for you.
No explicit preference for Graphite, in fact, as nice of a color as it may be, it is closest to Black which I try to stay away from. Very difficult to keep clean of dust particles and swirl marks (even with hand car washes).

The funny thing is one of the cars being offered that I am considering is Graphite, but not in a hurry, time is definitely on the buyer's side. Prices are softening across the board, and some people will be (if not already) pressed to dispose of things, cars included. So being an educated and patient consumer, I know I'll hop in one day in the car that suits me right.

BTW, checked with dealers, they def have a few coming, but production has been slowed (in some occassions temporarily stopped) by BWM headquarters given the global slowdown. Not inclined to buy brand new at the moment, and most that are in inventory have the useless (for me) $3400 Premium package.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2009, 09:42 PM   #11
themyst
Major General
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '16 MK7 GTI

M1, I put a deposit on a 09 135i 6sp with power seats/heated seats/black leatherette/sport pack/ipod for $100 over invoice. The only reason you probably didn't pick it up is because it's black on black... I'm on the east coast.
      02-23-2009, 02:22 PM   #12
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Search is finally over guys! Thx to all of you that have PM'ed me and assisted me in my search. Glad I can finally be a contributing member to the 1-community!

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...11#post4549011
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 10:54 AM   #13
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
Folks, I am looking to get into either an 08 or an 09 135i coupe 6-speed manual (I will not consider autos or convertibles). Here are the trims and options I care for, if someone has interest either PM me or post on this thread.

Color: will accept just about anything other than Black. Black may look sharp, but too hard to keep clean and too many black cars on the road. Among fave colors are LeMans Blue (or other blue variations such as Montego but preferably lighter), Graphite, SpaceGray, Alpine White. Don't care about red but not a deal breaker necessarily as the black would probably be.

Must have options: Sports Package, Leather Seats, Heated seats (preferably in black or beige, would consider red but a bit extreme for my case; also prefer dark poplar wood over anything else but fairly open when it comes to the trim)

Options I wouldn't mind: PDC, Nav (actually won't care much for it if it is an 08 as it has the iDrive I detest), i-Pod interface, Sirius, B/T retrofit

Useless options: i.e. options that in my case I would not pay anything extra for even if the car came with them: Premium package, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Upgraded sound, BMW Assist, various other smaller items

Mileage: Anything under 6K is game. Will I consider up to 10K? Likely, but all else has to be right on the car for me to do it.

History: preferably (or pretty much exclusively) 1 owner car, documented history (i.e. service records). No accidents, even if it were a fender bender that required a minor re-spray.

Mods: prefer stock cars, though will consider lightly but tastefully modded cars (obviously a subjective term), such as BMW performance accessories et all. Won't offer a premium for any software, cold air intake or other alleged upgrades as I would like to do those myself (should I do them at all).

Not trying to be stringent or too restrictive, but rather trying to be more productive of people's (and my) time. If you have a car for sale that fits these requirements, feel free to reach out to me. I am not going to consider anything in the mid to high $30s, because at that stage I will order a brand new one with Euro delivery (7% off on top of negotiated discount) and the added benefit is I can option it out with what I need (which isn't much!) So in other words, don't lose and your and my time offering a car for $37.9 on the premise it was $44.5 when new...

PS: I am in the Northeast so prefer something fairly local.
OK, guess you're not buying my car. good luck getting something for nothing!
      02-24-2009, 10:59 AM   #14
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4135i View Post
OK, guess you're not buying my car. good luck getting something for nothing!
If you read my thread above you would have realized that while I didn't get something for nothing, I got a lot for little!
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 11:17 AM   #15
crzy4135i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M1 View Post
If you read my thread above you would have realized that while I didn't get something for nothing, I got a lot for little!
OK, congrats on the purchase!
      02-24-2009, 12:59 PM   #16
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by crzy4135i View Post
OK, congrats on the purchase!
Cheers! G/L on your sale as well, seems quite the fully loaded specimen you have there.

BTW, as a side note, why did you go with the Dinan chip vs. say Vishnu (out of warranty concerns perhaps?) I am a bit surprised with the dyno numbers you posted (granted Mustang is stingy relative to say Dynojet), given the advertized Dinan figures there seems to be a shortfall (which is nothing new, on my modded (mostly non-Dinan) E39 M5 I was making more hp and tq than several of my friends who had a full Dinan S2 M5, which for a price tag of $35K had a claim of being 470hp, however no one could reproduce that figure in the real world...)
Appreciate 0