E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Front plate in OR

01-30-2009, 10:18 PM   #1
Mooreski
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LMB '09 E90 M3

Front plate in OR

Now that I'm living here, I'm thinking about switching my plates to OR. I think it'll be cheaper than my current SC plates.

Do you guys run front plates? If you don't, how often do you get pulled over and ticketed? What does the ticket cost?

I'd like to avoid drilling my bumper and wondering what it'll cost me in tickets.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 02:52 AM   #2
Dux
All ducked out
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90

I have no holes in my front bumper so I never put on my front license plate. I asked my local bmw dealer and he said it was a fix-a-ticket; meaning if you do get ticketed for it you can show up in court with a picture showing you have it installed on already and he/she will probably drop the charges. I've had my car without front license plate for over 6 months now without a ticket.

...or you can get one of these:

http://www.swiftmotorsports.com/prod...oducts_id=3144

They sell an electronic one too so you can remotely automatically have it out and pulled back in.

dux.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2009, 02:41 PM   #3
DSe93
DANNY
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i AW/CR

Garage List
I've gotten FOUR tickets for no front plate already, all while I was parked downtown (by PSU)... $35 each. I still refuse to put one...
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 02:10 PM   #4
Smitty36
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i Ti Silver

Its 97 dollars if you are driving but usually a fix it ticket unless you are pulled over by a state cop.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 04:51 PM   #5
8400rpms
Registered
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Front Plate Issue

They can't pull you over in OR for not having a front plate, but they can ticket you if you are parked in metered areas. It is $35 for the ticket. They will still ticket you if you have your plate in the front window. You must "attach the plate to the front of the car". I have had two tickets in the last two months both downtown, one in China town and one in the Pearl. I would love a good solution that didn't involve drilling holes in my bumper either. If anyone has thoughts or solutions please share. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2009, 05:01 PM   #6
elegant
Love To Drive!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335 M Sport E 92; '06 Z06

Wish it were true...

In Oregon you can and WILL get pulled over for no front plates -- even if you have committed no other traffic offense. How do I know, lots of folks in our club run without front plates, and so far, since the beginning of 2008, we have collectively been issued six $94 tickets for exactly that.

You can still take your chances, but as more and more Oregon jurisdictions are installing both red light cameras and "over speeding" cameras, the desire of those jurisdictions to be able to identify the violator of those infractions and thus issue a ticket for those two offenses is a contributor toward increased ticketing for those who are driving entirely lawfully -- save an dexcept no front plate.

You get to choose....
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #7
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

I have my front plate installed purely for not having to deal with the hassle.

The night I'm out and have had a single glass of wine and am driving home would be the night I get stopped for no front plate. It then becomes a discussion of "have you had anything to drink tonight, and please step out of the car." I don't need all that.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2009, 02:54 PM   #8
Smitty36
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i Ti Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8400rpms View Post
They can't pull you over in OR for not having a front plate, but they can ticket you if you are parked in metered areas. It is $35 for the ticket. They will still ticket you if you have your plate in the front window. You must "attach the plate to the front of the car". I have had two tickets in the last two months both downtown, one in China town and one in the Pearl. I would love a good solution that didn't involve drilling holes in my bumper either. If anyone has thoughts or solutions please share. Thanks!
Yes they can its called fail to display plates, you need 2. I don't do all the time but if someone is being a jackass they deserve it. My 2 cents.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2009, 09:53 PM   #9
DSe93
DANNY
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 335i AW/CR

Garage List
I just got my FIFTH
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2009, 03:32 PM   #10
cstmx_ryder
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: A metal box with a roundel

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSe93 View Post
I just got my FIFTH
Man, that sucks!! I didn't realize you can get a ticket for no front plates when parked?!

I guess there's nothing I can do about that, I don't have holes on my bumper, and don't plan on getting any........LOL

'08 AW E90 335i
PROcede V5 | BMS DCI | RR DPs | ETS FMIC | FORGE DVs | Stett CP | Vanguard | PSS10
Appreciate 0