E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > 335xi deal, go or no go?

01-29-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
dhillont
Private
Rep
Drives: jb '09 328i Coupe

335xi deal, go or no go?

Hey everyone,

Would love to hear what you have to say about this deal. From my research I found that a lot of people were paying around 500 over invoice for the 335xi coupes and i was wondering what you guys thought about this deal i sent to the 21 local dealers in the Metro NYC area:

January 29, 2009
Attention: Sales Manager
Re: New BMW 335i X-drive Order
Dear Sir or Madam:
I would like to order a new BMW 335i X-drive coupe with a manual transmission in Space Grey, with Coral Red Leather and Aluminum trim. I’d also like the vehicle to be fitted with; the Sports Package (ZSP), including the upgraded wheels (style 189), the cold weather package (ZCW), and the Ipod/USB Adaptor. My current research shows me that the invoice, including destination on this vehicle is $45,635. I’m currently willing to pay $46,135 plus tax, title, and license fees.

MSRP Invoice
BMW 335i Xdrive Coupe $44,100 $40,570
Space Grey Metallic $550 $550
Red Coral Dakota Leather $1,450 $1,320
Grey Poplar Wood Trim $0 $0
ZSP Sports Package $850 $775
Wheel Upgrade $600 $545
ZCW Cold Weather Package $750 $685
Ipod/USB Adapter $400 $365

Destination $825 $825

Sub Total: $49,525 $45,635

Dealer Profit: $500

Offer: $46,135

No later than 5 minutes after i faxed this offer out i got two responses willing to write the deal. Do you guys think this is good or could i try and push them to go even lower? The fact that i got such a quick response baffled me a little because of the small amount of money i'd be paying over invoice. have i calculated something wrong or are the BMW dealers just willing to push another unit?

Let me know what you guys think.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 12:07 PM   #2
TofuTurkey
Gobble gobbledygook
Rep
Drives: 08 335xi Coupe

Hmm, I would ask to see the breakdown of costs. Sometimes they hide additional costs as documentation fees or something else.
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2009, 12:12 PM   #3
dhillont
Private
Rep
Drives: jb '09 328i Coupe

yeah that is what i'm not counting as of now. my intention is to lease the vehicle and i know the lease is based on the sale vehicle of the car. i understand the offer does not include bank fee, or doc fees, or even sales tax which i will prepay.

but as is, is there anything else you guys would change and or maybe undercut the deal a bit more.

as an update, i had two agree to that deal, and two say they would do the deal as long as it included me paying 300 for regional fee and 180 for training fee. those two are definently out.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2009, 01:31 AM   #4
dchen2
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F80, XF Super V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillont View Post
yeah that is what i'm not counting as of now. my intention is to lease the vehicle and i know the lease is based on the sale vehicle of the car. i understand the offer does not include bank fee, or doc fees, or even sales tax which i will prepay.

but as is, is there anything else you guys would change and or maybe undercut the deal a bit more.

as an update, i had two agree to that deal, and two say they would do the deal as long as it included me paying 300 for regional fee and 180 for training fee. those two are definently out.
From when I bought my 335xi coupe last april I thought the macco (regional marketing) and training fees were legitimate costs the dealer had to pay and should be accounted in the car's invoice price.

The only way a dealer (and thus the buyer) avoided paying those two fees is if you take Euro delivery.

When I got my car 9 months back for $1000 over invoice (very good price back then given the much better economic conditons) I was informed both here on the forums and on bimmerfest that the two fees were part of invoice dealer cost and didn't count toward the $1,000 of dealer profit.

Of course, alot might have changed in the last 9 months and the Macco and training fees very well could have changed to dealer profit items.

I think right now with the horrible economic climate, assuming the dealer already has a car very similar to what you specified and it has been sitting for 30 to 45+ days, you can get them to go as low as $300 over invoice (though the $300 most likely would not include those fees). $500 might be a good number to shoot for if a dealer needs to custom order the car.

Last edited by dchen2; 02-02-2009 at 03:19 AM..
Appreciate 0