E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Web Site for Searching Inventory

01-25-2009, 10:49 PM   #1
MoreCowbell
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 24 i5M60 23 X740 23 Vette Z06

Web Site for Searching Inventory

Seems like some Dealer sites(very few) allow you to search inventory and see options. Some others, let you see "Model Type, Color and MSRP", with which you could come pretty close to determining options.

Does anybody know of a good single site where we could search a dealer's inventory?

I assume the answer is no, but I thought I'd give it a try anyway.
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2009, 03:41 AM   #2
Houman21
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothin right now

You could search CPO through the bmwusa site
      01-26-2009, 05:17 AM   #3
Targaflorio
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i Manual Blk/Blk/Al

For new I have been trying vehix.com and autotrader.com as they allow some pretty detailed custom search. Vehix is nice as you can see the numbers of let's say 3 series sedans versus coupes and verts and drill down from there even by color. It's definitely not a precise science as it depends on the dealer inputting the specs correctly and I have found 'manuals' that are in fact autos.

Cars.com sucks if you're looking for a manual as the search criteria are very limited so I gave up on that. I think the best way to do it is to work through a dealer that (to be fair to them) has a chance of earning your business and ask them to do a search within 200 miles as they will work to get you the car within that type of range. I have found that often the dealer will say "I have found one in X state". They won't obviously give away the name of the dealer...Then i'll do my own search using the above sites and the BMW site to go through the dealer's websites (requires patience!).

Good luck.

Any other sites/techniques for new, people are using to good effect in finding obscure builds like manuals or other options?
Appreciate 0