BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-11-2008, 09:24 AM   #1
ramysaid
Rep
Drives:

Unhappy auto transmission jerks when A/C is ON

I live in Egypt and i just got my 116i couple of weeks ago, and i just found that the RPM or the car jerks forward when coming to a stop specially when the rpm get lower than 1(1000 RPM) it jerks forward to ( 1500 rpm ) but that only when the A/C is ON that problem dont occur when the A/C is off.

Here in egypt its hot so i have to turn the A/C all the time:iono:.

Anybody have that problem too ? i guess nobody have 116i even but that what we can get here in egypt because of the taxing system here its really so expensive to get even 118i
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 07:08 PM   #2
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

try the 25 second trick, its quick, easy free, and can't hurt, but may solve the problem.

you press the start button once or twice to get the accessories to turn on but keep the engine off. you floor the gas for 25secs. then you press the start button again to turn everything off. then step on the break and press start button to start the car.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2008, 07:51 PM   #3
penny
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i (sold)

I noticed that with A/C on I have to shift gears extra smoother or else it's super jerky. Might be the same problem.
      09-13-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
ramysaid
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post
try the 25 second trick, its quick, easy free, and can't hurt, but may solve the problem.

you press the start button once or twice to get the accessories to turn on but keep the engine off. you floor the gas for 25secs. then you press the start button again to turn everything off. then step on the break and press start button to start the car.

i tried that before didnt help or maybe i am doing it wrong is that what i should do ?, i insert the key then some electronics are on then i push the start button without pressing the brakes not to let the engine to get on then all the electronics are on then i keep pressing the gas pedal for 25 seconds no more then i press the start button again to to turn everything off then brakes with start button to start the car, is that right ?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2008, 07:14 PM   #5
Mad Dragon
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 GTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistermojorizin View Post

That doesn't do anything.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2008, 01:54 PM   #6
1Ronnie
Ronnie
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 Sedona 128i

I don't think this is too uncommon for an Auto, my 2006 323i did it a bit when slowing downhill at around 2500 revs, and it annoyed my wife no end. Obviously the car is changing down gears to slow the car, and my guess would be that the extra load the AC puts on the engine is causing that to occur sooner, or more dramatically.

Maybe changing driving styles could make a difference, try braking harder, or braking softer, or not stopping as often Or take it to your dealer and get them to check it out, if they say all is OK, try and take another 1 for a test drive to compare

My Father-in-law had a Citreon, and it was a real b#### for it.
      09-15-2008, 02:49 AM   #7
ramysaid
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrons1969 View Post
I don't think this is too uncommon for an Auto, my 2006 323i did it a bit when slowing downhill at around 2500 revs, and it annoyed my wife no end. Obviously the car is changing down gears to slow the car, and my guess would be that the extra load the AC puts on the engine is causing that to occur sooner, or more dramatically.

Maybe changing driving styles could make a difference, try braking harder, or braking softer, or not stopping as often Or take it to your dealer and get them to check it out, if they say all is OK, try and take another 1 for a test drive to compare

My Father-in-law had a Citreon, and it was a real b#### for it.
yea i had that in mind and i guess i have to do it but my milage is still 1950 didnt reach the 2000 yet so what i feel that it jerks less often now i mean it used to jerk all the time but now its less than before maybe when i get the 2000 KM the jerk will go away or something so i will just wait and see,
if it didnt go i will go to BMW service shop and see if that is normal or not and follow with the update. thx guys glade i joined this forum
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2008, 09:09 AM   #8
ramysaid
Rep
Drives:

the car still jerks even now i am on 2240 K , its so annoying i will take it to bmw service shop and try another 1. i will get back with the replies
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2008, 05:05 PM   #9
ramysaid
Rep
Drives:

ok, i went to bmw service and without examining the car or letting me try another car they said that is normal and anyway i feel that its gone now the car dont seem to jerk now just very little i guess its fading away still i am testing it.
Appreciate 0