BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-27-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
evan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 135i MSport

Alignment specs for a 135i?

I must suck at searching, but I can't seem to find the stock alignment specs for the 135i Coupe anywhere.

Front toe (the only thing you are "allowed" to change) is what I am most interested in. My guess is that it is probably zero but can anyone confirm?

Also, I'll be increasing the negative camber a bit in the front with the Vorshlag plates. From what Terry Fair said, I don't think I can expect more than -2 degrees or so, and I'll probably go for that. Does anyone have a recommendation for toe that is different from stock if I add negative camber? My driving is split between street and track use, but not much autocross.

I think I know the general idea, toe-in gives more self centering/stability and toe-out gives better turn-in. I like the feel and turn-in of the stock setup and would like to keep that after I change the camber.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #2
mikeo
Santa Fe Concorso
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 M-sport 328i, '13 X1 28i

I don't have the Vorshlag plates (yet), But I had my car aligned the best I could for autocross. The front is set to just the slightest static toe-in to try and yield dynamic toe of zero. Car drives fine with that setup. Zero dynamic toe will also result in better front tire wear.
      09-04-2008, 10:39 PM   #3
evan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 Alpine White 135i MSport

Thanks, mikeo.

Just got the Vorshlag plates installed, and the alignment shop I went to had the specs in their system, so I just went stock in terms of toe.

Got 2.3 degrees negative camber in the front with otherwise stock suspension using the Vorshlag plates, stock wheels. Going to the track this weekend, will let you know how it works.
Appreciate 0
      11-22-2008, 12:40 PM   #4
turbobum
Family Man
United_States
Rep
Drives: White '09 135i

So...how did it work?
Appreciate 0