BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-05-2008, 08:07 PM   #1
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Proper Brake Fluid Bleeding Procedure

So I'm about to throw in the Brembo's and going to change out the brake fluid at the same time. Anyone know the proper bleed sequence for the 135i? I know generally it is farthest away from the brake master cylinder to the closest. However, sometimes the manufacturer specifies a different bleed sequence due to the ABS system. Anyone purchased a BMW shop manual yet and can look this up for me? I've been lagging to get one since it'll cut into my race program's budget hehe.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 07:15 PM   #2
BerkTechnology
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Fast

Hi Fred,

A standard bleed procedure. They recommend that you pressurize the reservoir vs. the standard gravity bleed method. But it'll all work the same if done properly.

Let us know how the brakes work out. We were wondering ourselves if a big brake upgrade is worth anything at all since these cars pretty much have a OEM big brake kit already.

Good luck!
Bryan
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2008, 08:17 PM   #3
Evolution Racewerks
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20 M340i,15 M4,12 328i,08 135i

Thanks Bryan! :thumbup: In the nick of time. My guys are pulling the wheels off as I type.

I'll post a review when I get it on, though it wouldn't be a fair test as the brake pads compounds are not the same. Theoretically though, it should be better mostly for the larger swept area that the larger rotors provide. But with the larger rotors, you'd have to run 18's as 17's won't fit.

We will be running the Brembo street pads that the BBK came with for the moment as we work out the details on our track pads.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerkTechnology View Post
Hi Fred,

A standard bleed procedure. They recommend that you pressurize the reservoir vs. the standard gravity bleed method. But it'll all work the same if done properly.

Let us know how the brakes work out. We were wondering ourselves if a big brake upgrade is worth anything at all since these cars pretty much have a OEM big brake kit already.

Good luck!
Bryan
Appreciate 0