BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-30-2008, 07:18 AM   #1
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3 F80, M140i

Active Autowerke Active Processor MSD 81-Release Australian Spec

It is with great pleasure i can finally announce that Southern BM have worked with Active Autowerke to be able to supply our Australian clients with the long term reliable Active Processor. We have using this on Australian Spec cars for the 335i for some time and now we have now successfully adapted it across to the new MSD81 for 135i. We are very pleased with the results and hope you are too.

More on Active Processor from Active Autowerke:
Feeding our appetite for new and superior technology, while achieving economical pricing is the name of the game at Active Autowerke. In an effort to accomplish that we have established a new partnership with AEM (Advanced Electronic Management), a US leader in electronic technology, enabling us to bring even more for less to the BMW marketplace. The new Active Processor features Digital Technology with 3-d mapping capability that allows you to maximize your potential gains while making sure your car is still running well within its "safe" limits. When it comes to Horsepower gain, the Active Processor produces 237 Rear Wheel kilowatts when combined with the Riss Racing Catless Downpipes and 02 sims. This performance upgrade is compatible to work on BMW software of MSD80 version 29.2 and MSD81 running on the N54 twin turbo engines.

The 1st Dyno run shows a 135i with Catless downpipes installed and the 2nd higher run with the Active Processor installed. These dyno runs were done on the same day with the same dyno and were completed in 4th gear.

*Price Installed $1295 for 1 Addicts members, prices valid until End August. (RRP is $1495)
*Off Road use only
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:18 AM   #2
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 135 manual

*Price Installed $1295 for 1 Addicts members, prices valid until End August. (RRP is $1495)
*Off Road use only[/quote]
DOES THAT INCLUDE THE DOWN PIPES?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:27 AM   #3
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Haha somehow I doubt it!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:33 AM   #4
professor
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4 M40i

Yes it does. Gold-plated ones at that.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:47 AM   #5
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
Yes it does. Gold-plated ones at that.
cool :wink: that will look great, right to the exhaust tips!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 08:50 AM   #6
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY View Post
Haha somehow I doubt it!!!
Well whats the power without the down pipes?
Was that done?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 09:22 AM   #7
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

No that was never done. Andrew will have to find another test mule for that one! Prof, want to put it a chip for trial for a day and dyno it? Lol. But seriously, I think the difference would only be a few kw as this isn't a DP tune but a standard one.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yep 135 View Post
*Off Road use only
DOES THAT INCLUDE THE DOWN PIPES?[/quote]

If that includes the downpipes I'll purchase it :thumbup:

Great results!!!!
I know Andrew has been putting a ton of work into this. The product will get better and better with time. Thats the good thing about tunes!

Thanks WAY for being the test mule :headbang:
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 04:18 PM   #9
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Quote:
No that was never done. Andrew will have to find another test mule for that one! Prof, want to put it a chip for trial for a day and dyno it? Lol. But seriously, I think the difference would only be a few kw as this isn't a DP tune but a standard one.
What is the point of having Andrew do all this work if the tune is not optimised for the down pipes? I thought that was the whole reason you went with the Active Processor (so you could have a local tune done)...
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 04:37 PM   #10
Kris
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: m3

The tune im testing in the next week can/is optimised for downpipes if you wish, just load in a different map.

In any case, great results/testing and dyno charts! What is the torque like - any rough flywheel figures? Great price too!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #11
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

Quote:
*Off Road use only
DOES THAT INCLUDE THE DOWN PIPES?[/quote]
Ahh.....no
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 05:47 PM   #12
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdrcr View Post
What is the point of having Andrew do all this work if the tune is not optimised for the down pipes? I thought that was the whole reason you went with the Active Processor (so you could have a local tune done)...
We were getting the tune working for Australian spec cars in the first place, the DP's were more priority at the time so it was just the order of thiings.

It will be optimised for DP's when i feel it is right, i don't just use an American tune as our conditions are different. We are doing an intercooler and some other goodies so we will work on that next.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 05:50 PM   #13
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris View Post
The tune im testing in the next week can/is optimised for downpipes if you wish, just load in a different map.

In any case, great results/testing and dyno charts! What is the torque like - any rough flywheel figures? Great price too!
I'm guessing mate, roughly 385 Hp. I look forward to your testing too, do you have access to a scan tool to check for fault codes? If we get interest for a AA Processors in Sydney i will fly up to install, i'd like to meet you if it happens.

Maybe i can get some of the Melb owners to come up too.

Andrew
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 06:15 PM   #14
spdrcr
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: Lotus Elise

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew@southernBM View Post
We were getting the tune working for Australian spec cars in the first place, the DP's were more priority at the time so it was just the order of thiings.

It will be optimised for DP's when i feel it is right, i don't just use an American tune as our conditions are different. We are doing an intercooler and some other goodies so we will work on that next.
But all your testing has been on WAY's car right? This car already had the DPs installed when the testing was happening didn't it?
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 06:32 PM   #15
Guran
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 08 135i Coupe

Nice one Andrew. Any chance of including some graphs showing AFR and boost pressure during each of these dyno runs? I'd be very interested to see how the AAAP goes with standard downpipes (or at least ones that still have the cat in place).
      07-30-2008, 06:43 PM   #16
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

If we get interest for a AA Processors in Sydney i will fly up to install,

Andrew[/quote]
What about Canberra?

If If someone was to install the prossesor would it mean that they could have access to updates or upgrades at a later date?
E.G.-
Install this tune now with no other mods, later down the track a new mod/s is/are installed go back for a re map to optimise the said mod/s?

Duel mapping (race and normal or valet at the flick of a switch)?

Install now with some mods and as upgrades for optimisation come along, upgrade?
Sorry for all the questions I now its only early days but a can of worms (snakes I think) has just been opened.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 06:54 PM   #17
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Yes I am going to do this in stages. First stage is to just put on a standard tune and make sure that we have no issue with fault codes with the MSD81 ECU. Then we will optimise it for a DP tune. To be honest though, I am pretty happy at the moment so I don't mind if we do that later. I now have more than adequate power so until I sort out the handling side of things, I am in no hurry.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 06:56 PM   #18
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
What about Canberra?
Just drive down to Melbourne! We can all have a gtg. It will be great!
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2008, 07:21 PM   #19
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Just drive down to Melbourne! We can all have a gtg. It will be great!
I'm There in September for the grand final might catch up then. Flying in though.
But if there is a GOOD reason to drive to Melbourne (what side?) I will.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 12:59 AM   #20
Yep 135
Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry to deviate off the subject. Back to my second last post.

Andrew[/quote]
What about Canberra?

If If someone was to install the prossesor would it mean that they could have access to updates or upgrades at a later date?
E.G.-
Install this tune now with no other mods, later down the track a new mod/s is/are installed go back for a re map to optimise the said mod/s?

Install now with some mods and as upgrades for optimisation come along, upgrade?
Sorry for all the questions I now its only early days but a can of worms (snakes I think) has just been opened.[/quote]
:biggrin:
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 06:54 AM   #21
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

Quote:
If we get interest for a AA Processors in Sydney i will fly up to install,

Andrew
What about Canberra?

E.G.-

Sorry for all the questions I now its only early days but a can of worms (snakes I think) has just been opened.[/quote]

WOW, thanks for all the questions.

To start with, their is an Active agent in ACT so if you decide to go with the Active Processor, i can get you all the details you require.

The tune scenario you asked about really depends on demand, at the moment the set up is a performance tune for our Australian condition cars, and is ample for an otherwise stock car. It looks like i may get involved with a DP tune but not at the moment as Way has said above. It is very quick as it is, however i see it as a step forward in the future as with an intercooler. The long and the short, i'll work on it, if you guys want it.

I think the next thing is to get the DP's fitting well for RHD cars, catted and catless and then to intercoolers and intakes.

The Valet switch is a standard feature since the old xede days, flick the switch performance tune to valet mode. Depends if you wish to run the extra loom or not to the switch in the cabin. I haven't been installing them recently as the demand has not been there. I have several switches in stock at the moment.

Re Optimisation, Yes i cannot see why not, if i go ahead and work on different tunes for different mods then maybe in the future we may offer this....don't hold to to it though.

I guess the reason why i am a little hesitant to work through all these is that our market is so small compared to USA. If i were to spend up big time on all this, really is the demand there for it, if YES, then count me in, i'll work day and night to get you guys what you want. But i say again, the car is very quick already and the owner who drives fast cars often thinks it is enough for a while, he wants to work on suspension and other goodies.

I hope i answered all your questions.

Thanks for the PM's guys, if i missed anyone feel free to resend!
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2008, 06:55 AM   #22
andrew@southernBM
Australia
Rep

Quote:
But all your testing has been on WAY's car right? This car already had the DPs installed when the testing was happening didn't it?
Yes we have a tune, we just wanted to get the stock one done first, then we can fiddle the DP tune later down the track if required.
Appreciate 0