BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-02-2008, 07:45 PM   #1
rag1983
Rep
Drives: 135i Blue

What are you doing to Repair?

Hey guys, I have had my car about 4 weeks and I am suffering from my very first rock ding on my door. I just wanna throw out a question to maybe more experienced drivers....what are you doing/have done to fix this. It makes me mad just thinking about it...I currently have on order an autosharp pen, and some automobile masking tape. I was just planning to mask it out and apply some coats to cover it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-02-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
buckwheat986
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rag1983 View Post
Hey guys, I have had my car about 4 weeks and I am suffering from my very first rock ding on my door. I just wanna throw out a question to maybe more experienced drivers....what are you doing/have done to fix this. It makes me mad just thinking about it...I currently have on order an autosharp pen, and some automobile masking tape. I was just planning to mask it out and apply some coats to cover it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

it won't be the last....

a clearbra is one answer...

for the chip now...wet sanding and repainting (autosharp is a good start) is a good approach
Appreciate 0