BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-25-2008, 02:41 AM   #1
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

A serious mod for the 35i's

Just saw this in this months BMWCar magazine...

"German tuning firm Noelle Motors has recently brought out its latest tuning package for the twin turbo '35' engine range, which it claims to boost power to a massive 401 bhp. Even more impressive is the fact that Noelle can extract so much power from the car using nothing more than a pair of sports cats, an engine cooler and a new engine map, with no modifications required to the drivetrain. Peak power is developed at 6250 rpm, and maximum torque, now up to a mammoth 390 lb ft, peaks at 2750 rpm. While Noelle Motors hasn't provided any acceleration figures, it has provided a new top speed, for the 335i Coup'e at least, which it says is 194mph. The conversion costs Euro 7890 so it's not exactly cheap, but if it delivers what it promises then the twin turbo speed freaks world over will have a reason to rejoice. For further details, have a look at www.noellemotors.de."

Makes the Superchips mod look poor in comparison!
      06-25-2008, 03:40 AM   #2
mistermojorizin
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

someone on e90post has it. he is very happy with it. he has tried every tune available. however, i wouldn't spend that kind of money for 400 bhp claims. That's about 350 at the wheels, assuming 12% drivetrain loss. And its just a manufacturer claim, so actual numbers might (and usually are) lower. Procede puts down 350 or more at the wheels in actual dynos - not just a claim, and its only 1,500 usd. juicebox puts down some serious numbers too, especially if you add a couple of h pills and it will put down crazy numbers on the high octane gas you get in europe. and that will cost you like 500-600 usd. more than 400bhp for sure.

like check out this guy: http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showth...highlight=dyno

369whp = 369/.88= 419 bhp on 104 octane gas, assuming 12% drivetrain loss, for like 600 bucks. you guys have what like 96 octane? still compare the hp/$. that's a serious mod right there.

"KOPEYKA" /// Titanium Silver / Black Leather / Gray Poplar / Sport Package / Premium Package / 6MT / Feb 08 Production
Appreciate 0
      06-25-2008, 04:39 AM   #3
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

We have 99 octane here, sounds very interesting. I think I will bide my time before doing any more mods, gives the competitors a chance to properly test these mods, + the face it's always good to hear feedback from those that have had it done.

Thanks
      06-25-2008, 06:42 AM   #4
moff
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X4M Competition

Differences between octane in the US and UK... we base ours on RON, their is based on MON... Don't ask me to explain, but I am fairly sure that their 93 is the same as our 99.

Gone: 2019 X3M Competition, Toronto Red, Adelaide Grey.
Appreciate 0