BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-25-2008, 10:52 AM   #1
Fidgets Folly
Rep
Drives:

Any known problems with Creative Labs "Nomad-Jukebox"

Getting this MP3 player to be recognized? I can't get it to work in my car??

Hey All NEWBIE here... Thanks for having me & REAL Glad I found this place!!!!

I'm an American living in France just now & my company just got me the 123d Coupe (Loaded!!) (upgraded from my last BMW which was the 120d 5 door) delivered last Wednesdsay!!! (Yeah I wish it was the 135 but with the pollution tax & Fuel tax each year...it put the car out of my budget... with out me having to stick my hands in my own pockets!!!

Anyhoo... When I plug in my player I can only get the "AUX" feature to light up (recognized) and NOT the "AUX USB" feature. (Lit in orange meaning it's a clickable/useable function). (is that the 2 choices you guys have (spelled out that way or does your say AUX &
i-pod) on these cars being delivered to the States??)

I loaded a few songs in mp3 format (320 kbps) onto a 2MB "key" or memory stick.. & plugged that sucker in & it worked great....
"AUX USB" lit up (not just reg AUX) I chose it & the tunes, titles, artist all appeared on the Nav screen... Clicked away to sample a few tunes & all worked great!!

Anyone know why my Creative labs, "Nomad-Jukebox" won't work the same way???
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 11:02 AM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidgets Folly View Post
Getting this MP3 player to be recognized? I can't get it to work in my car??

Anyone know why my Creative labs, "Nomad-Jukebox" won't work the same way???
It is probably not designed to play songs through the USB port. It might only be used to upload songs into it, or do software updates. A USB hard drive is probably the way to go. Check their web site out for more information.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 11:27 AM   #3
Fidgets Folly
Rep
Drives:

Been there & no one knows anything about connection problems to cars...(no responses anyway & also asked over at the BIMMERFEST & no replies yet there either) I didn't think to ask about the USB only being for uploading & downloading...

I can plug the unit into the car thru the headphone jack & the 12v power source & it works, but I want all the mp3 menus to display on the nav screen. I wass hoping to avoid buying another drive or large azz memory stick. I was reading on here, in this section someone talking about great success with the
Aegis Apricorn A18 60 USB 60gb mini hdd 2.0

Looks like may just have to bite the bullet & scoop up another drive...
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #4
trashcan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

I had an older one of those, and it was not a mass storage device. If you can navigate yours just like a flash drive on your computer, then you should be able to use it. If you can only upload songs through that godawful program it comes with it probably won't work.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 03:19 PM   #5
topvega
Kinda sorta banned on N54
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135 SGM JB3

yeah I think those players don't work through the usb... just pick up a HD.. they are so damn cheap it makes the most sense...

Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 12:00 AM   #6
Fidgets Folly
Rep
Drives:

Yeah I'm gonna scout the net for a 32GB flash drive or a 40-60GB drive. See if I can catch a Memorial day sale.... There's a bunch of threads I'm going to re-read about what's working for people & what's not & choose wisely!!!

Hey...BTW... Happy Memorial day All!!!! (Dang wish I was off today... would be blasting around the Bundesautobahn (Autobahn) I have friends up in Frankfurt from when I lived there for a year & a half... Germans are WAY COOL people... (the crew I hang with anyway... All Bikers of course!!!)
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #7
imported_NuovoTech
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

I have a Creative Zen Stone, when plugged into my PC's USB port I can only transfer files & charge the battery. It will not play music while connected via USB, I suspect all Creative MP3 players are the same.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 06:04 AM   #8
Fidgets Folly
Rep
Drives:

I can't even get it to upload files (maybe because it's a 40GB player with 2369 tunes...(15.6Gb used so far) (too much to up-load-?) anyway I'm using the power supply & the headphone size jack from the car to the MP3 & I get to listen to my library from the player... through the cars sound system... just no on (GPS) screen displaying of titles artists, tracks, ...., ....

I'm going with a 32MG Flash memory stick... It'll be enough to hold my existing library & still leave me room for another 6-700 tunes at 320 kbps. So far I've tested 4 different flash drives & ALL WORKED GREAT!!! Screw the external drive... Stick a Stick in the USB & be done with it!!