BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-13-2008, 11:09 AM   #1
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quality Imports

After already having a deal setup with a local dealer, I tried the rizzo method to get a better deal. I was happy to hear that I could get the deal I wanted and not have to go out of state.

They gave me a great deal on the car (1k over invoice). Also, my CA has been pretty good about emailing/contacting me. They've sent all documents to me with 1-day UPS envelopes to ensure it got here right away.

However I've got a few bones to pick with them. Last night I was going over all the BMWFS stuff. I noticed that the rate on the contract was 5.99% and not the 5.09% that he had quoted me a few weeks earlier. I called and asked why the rate was different and my CA said it must have been because of the new month. So he says "hold on one second" and he puts his cell phone down, what he didn't realize is both my mother and I could still hear the conversation he was having with is finance guy. Now the ONLY reason I went with BMWFS rather than the 4.25% PenFed was because I felt my CA deserved a little more kick-back after all he had done.

Then I couldn't believe what I heard next. The finance guy (Ken) was saying things like "Fuck them, if they want a better rate let them do the fucking work themselves." This was just one of the many rude things he said. Then my CA (Tom) picks up the phone and continues talking like there is no problem. I didn't confront him about the issue just yet, as I was waiting to see what would happen with the APR Rate. Tom said that he had to call BMWFS to see about a rate concession since we were approved at 5.09% BMWFS gave us the rate concession and then some (5.04%).

So I decided that rather than bitching at Tom who hadn't said or done anything wrong, I was just going to use the customer survey to my advantage. I filled out the survey then added a few sentences about how I felt about hearing that stuff on the phone. I'm not only using the survey but once I get back to the states I will be calling BMW NA and informing them of this dealership's lack of customer respect.

So all in all, my CA has been great, but the finance guy Ken is a complete ass-jack.

Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #2
WishBone33
First Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Is this Tom Wilcox?
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2008, 08:19 PM   #3
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishBone33 View Post
Is this Tom Wilcox?
Yes it is, I wasn't going to use last names but it is.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 02:10 AM   #4
WishBone33
First Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

i emailed him a little over a week ago with the same offer of $1,000 over invoice and he said all he could do was $1,600 over invoice plus dealer fees, tt&l, plus the new higher price that bmw put into effect on june 1.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 11:59 AM   #5
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post

So I decided that rather than bitching at Tom who hadn't said or done anything wrong, I was just going to use the customer survey to my advantage. I filled out the survey then added a few sentences about how I felt about hearing that stuff on the phone. I'm not only using the survey but once I get back to the states I will be calling BMW NA and informing them of this dealership's lack of customer respect.

So all in all, my CA has been great, but the finance guy Ken is a complete ass-jack.
just so you are aware, the survey will ONLY affect Tom, no matter what you said in the comments & what the questions were. It will only affect the ca. It blows but thats the way it is
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 03:44 PM   #6
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbtheo View Post
just so you are aware, the survey will ONLY affect Tom, no matter what you said in the comments & what the questions were. It will only affect the ca. It blows but thats the way it is
Oh.. I wish I would have known that before sending the survey!

Oh well, this way he'll at least know I heard what they said.

I'm still thinking of calling BMW NA and informing them of what happened. We all know that dealers will sometimes talk shit behind the customer's back. However I've been nothing but respectful with Tom and have been sure to thank him the entire time. The least he could have done was put me on hold so I would have been ignorant to the situation lol.

Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 03:52 PM   #7
dbtheo
1addicts CA
Rep
Drives: 2005 330i ZHP cic, 2021 X5 40i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
Oh.. I wish I would have known that before sending the survey!

Oh well, this way he'll at least know I heard what they said.

I'm still thinking of calling BMW NA and informing them of what happened. We all know that dealers will sometimes talk shit behind the customer's back. However I've been nothing but respectful with Tom and have been sure to thank him the entire time. The least he could have done was put me on hold so I would have been ignorant to the situation lol.
trust me I understand where you are coming from. There have been times when someone else messed up something that I had nothing to do with as well. The client really has no other way to communicate that other than the survey. I wish bmw would find a better way keep CA's ratings separat, but oh well.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #8
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I agree completely, they should have a specific survey for your CA with questions regarding the order. Then another survey for the overall experience.

Appreciate 0