BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-07-2008, 08:11 AM   #1
SnakeDoc?
Gold Member
Rep
Drives:

A few questions

Hello again fine British friends,

I've now had my 135 for a week. A combination of working nights and moving flat have meant I've not had much time to play around in the car, so apologies if these questions are dumb.

I went for USB connectivity but when I plug in a USB drive into the USB slot (haven't tried an MP3 player into AUX yet) nothing happens. I am obviously selecting USB/AUX from the menu but nothing is sensed/read. Am I doing something wrong?

Actually that's only one question. Sorry if it's explained elsewhere - 1addicts is banned at work (boo!) so I'm doing this at 1mph on my phone
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
esscolab
Brigadeer
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Black 135i

I plugged my Ipod into the USB socket. After a few seconds it detected it and displayed the name. I scrolled to the name of the device and voila!

It began to display all hyrogliphics to the tune names, got round it by scrolling to SONGS then they all appeared.

I don't think it works 100% with the standard lead, BM's advice is to get the approved lead with phono socket for about £30.

They did say however that not all MP3 players are supported. I found this out as I also plugged in my Creative Zen player which it didn't detect.
      05-13-2008, 10:16 AM   #3
nerih
Rep
Drives:

make sure your usb stick has a windows file system (fat32 or ntfs i beleive), then plug it in and wait.

if your usb stick shows up as multple drives when you plug it into your PC, you may need to change this - my sandisk cruiser did this - but stopped after a format.

hope this helps.
Appreciate 0