BMW X5
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

05-06-2024, 08:05 PM   #1
OCD 1969
Rep
Drives: Forester, Mustang, Corvette

please help explain DHP and difference between 2VF and 2VW on 2025 X6 M60i

Hi Friends,
New to forum and this is my first post. Thanks to everyone for all the posts and information that has helped me narrow down options for my planned X6 M60i build.

I've searched high and low within Bimmerpost and Google for a clear explanation of what DHP specifically adds to 2025 X6 M60i - above what is already included as standard. All I can see is ARS is the only added feature. The $2,200 cost adder is for ARS only...unless there is a physical HW difference between Active M Suspension and Active M Suspension Pro that I'm not understanding.

Standard features in X6 M60i:
2VF = Active M Suspension
2VH = IAS

ZDH Option (Dynamic Handling Package) includes:
2VW = Active M Suspension Professional
ZX5 = ARS

I can't find a clear description or detailed explanation of what is truly different between 2VF and 2VW. I'm suspecting DHP and Active M Suspension Professional are different names for the "package" on different models and AMSP is not a specific option itself...but I hope I'm wrong.

Any helpful links and education on difference between 2VF and 2VW is greatly appreciated. If you want to add your experience and opinion on DHP/ARS/AMSP that hasn't already been stated in other posts, please do! Thanks!

I found this but still doesn't explain what is different other than the ARS

9.4.4. Adaptive M Suspension Professional (SA 2VW)
From a functional standpoint, this chassis and suspension package has a particularly strong influence
on the cornering behavior of the vehicle. This is achieved by using the electric active roll stabilization
front (EARSV) and the electric active roll stabilization rear (EARSH). Both active stabilizers are
adjusted by the vertical dynamic platform (VDP). The increase in driving dynamics is largely due to
a significant reduction in the roll angle of the body during cornering and a neutral drivability with low
understeering tendency. What is notable about this suspension control system is that the increase in
driving dynamics is not achieved in any manner whatsoever at the expense of the driver's comfort.

Last edited by OCD 1969; 05-06-2024 at 10:14 PM.. Reason: found more info
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2024, 10:57 PM   #2
BruinMan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i Unicorn

This should apply to the LCI; well at least for the more part.

Copy and past from bmw.com.au

What is the difference between the adaptive M suspension and the adaptive M suspension Professional?
The 10 millimetre lowered adaptive M suspension can be electrically adjusted at any time to suit the road and driving conditions. Drivers can also adjust the suspension characteristics via the Driving Experience Control to enable their preferred driving style at the time – from comfortable to extremely athletic with markedly agile handling. The adaptive M suspension Professional combines these technologies with body roll stabilisation and Integral Active Steering. The body roll stabilisation provides even more stability, dynamics and driving comfort. Integral Active Steering enhances the manoeuvrability and handling of your vehicle. The rear-wheel steering provides more stability, safety and comfort. This gives you better and easier handling in tight corners.

I have DHP and it is design to control body roll - firmer ride.
You have settings to choose from: Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus. Custom Individual
      05-06-2024, 11:21 PM   #3
OCD 1969
Rep

Thanks for the reply BruinMan. I saw that explanation from BMW.com.au.
Can the 10mm lowered M suspension be electrically adjusted at any time like it says? How is it adjusted ? Is there an added button or switch (other than the Comfort, Sport, and Sport + buttons) ?
What is "Custom Individual" ? Or do you mean driver selects those options depending on their individual preference?
What is different with DHP besides the ARS?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 12:03 AM   #4
BruinMan
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 M50i Unicorn

Welcome to the forums.
The 10mm lowered suspension is set with the option of Adaptive sports suspension. Cannot make manual adjustments. 10mm is minor.

In car settings: You can make Sports individual with custom settings:
Engine, Transmission, steering and suspension. That will let you set each to the level you wish. Ie.. Steering can be set to comfort and set the others to Sport.

DHP is a package with a lot of stuff. lol. Sportier tuned electronic dampening control.

Most members say it is a must and once you have it, you will always order it.

Keeps the tires flat on the road and keeps the body from rolling. Lots of technology and hardware.

If you don’t drive aggressively, you won’t notice it. If you have mountains and hills - go for it. Otherwise it’s freeway on ramps.
      05-07-2024, 12:48 AM   #5
OCD 1969
Rep

Thanks again BruinMan, I'm planning to get it, but one of the SAs I talked to didn't recommend it and it puzzled me, and I want to know what it is and you were helpful!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2024, 01:52 AM   #6
matowi
Lieutenant
Poland
Rep
Drives: '24 X5 M60i

Garage List
2024 X5 M60i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinMan View Post
Welcome to the forums.
The 10mm lowered suspension is set with the option of Adaptive sports suspension. Cannot make manual adjustments. 10mm is minor.

(…)

Most members say it is a must and once you have it, you will always order it.

(…)

If you don’t drive aggressively, you won’t notice it. If you have mountains and hills - go for it. Otherwise it’s freeway on ramps.
I fully agree with above
One point: I totally don’t see the 10mm drop and doubt it’s there…

Had: '15 F10 535d; '21 G11 740d
Appreciate 1