BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-13-2008, 04:41 PM   #1
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: G35 Coupe

Finally saw it and sat in it!

Well, my dealer called to tell me that they have a 135i coupe and 128i convertible tucked away on their lot so of course I rushed through my lunch and away I went! It was amazing to finally see the cars in real life. I know that many of you have already seen it but for us here in Vancouver, that is not the case. At the same time, they also have 3 M3s on the lot but that was not what I was interested in. :smile: In my opinion, the 1 in real life is even better than the pictures. It definitely reminded me more of the E46 than the E92. It had the right proportions and looked very aggressive with the M body kit. There was indeed an oil cooler on the 135i. The 135i was sedona red w/ black interior and the 128i was black with lemon interior. I was only able to sit in the 135i and it felt just right. I love the steering wheel and the black roof liner. The dash looked very nice and the cup holder is definitely better than the 3 series. Boy it's going to be hard not to get this car but I have to hold firm to my believes. **BMW, Lower your rates!** Better not test drive it because I don't know if I can resist! :biggrin: The lemon interior of the 128i was beautiful but I could never keep it looking new. Really looking forward to seeing some other colors in real life and on the road!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 05:12 PM   #2
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i Cabrio

Can you PM me with the dealer. I'm dying here.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 05:23 PM   #3
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep

Hypermotard = God
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
rsen
Rep
Drives:

Hypermotard,

Did the 135i you sat in have the M sport package? You mentioned it had the oil cooler in it (I would assume in the passenger side front wheel well as in 335i). I guess it is still not absolutely certain yet if all 135i will get the secondary oil cooler or just ones with the sport package.

It must have taken guts to even go down to sit in the car knowing how much more you would want to buy the car once you saw it in the flesh. My SA siad that I should wait to test drive the car before cancelling my order, but I know that I would probably cave in and buy it if I test drove it!
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 08:08 PM   #5
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep

Sorry for the crappy pics but all I had with me was my Moto Q.

Well two big first impressions.

First, the 1 is no where near as small as I thought it would be based on published measurements. I was expecting to see something the size of an RX8 but although it isn't, it appears bigger. I'll echo what others before me have said, It's the perfect size.

Second, for all those worried about Sedona, don't be. It is an fantastic colour in the flesh. The pictures, including mine, do not do it justice in any way. An excellent choice.

I'm sorry to say this and I know I'll be called an idiot but after seeing the 1'er in person, I don't care what the rates are, I'd still buy one.

The wait just got a lot longer
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
scs
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringinthewolf View Post
Sorry for the crappy pics but all I had with me was my Moto Q.

Well two big first impressions.

First, the 1 is no where near as small as I thought it would be based on published measurements. I was expecting to see something the size of an RX8 but although it isn't, it appears bigger. I'll echo what others before me have said, It's the perfect size.

Second, for all those worried about Sedona, don't be. It is an fantastic colour in the flesh. The pictures, including mine, do not do it justice in any way. An excellent choice.

I'm sorry to say this and I know I'll be called an idiot but after seeing the 1'er in person, I don't care what the rates are, I'd still buy one.

The wait just got a lot longer
although the pic is not the best quality, i find that shot of the sedona very appealing. i'm glad i got that color:w00t:
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #7
ariel
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Can't wait!

We've got 41 ordered! Anybody want to reserve one?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 09:48 PM   #8
turbomg
Acquiring the taste.
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypermotard View Post
and the black roof liner.

Hey BMWUSA, blow me. I'm moving to Canada.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 10:31 PM   #9
fe1rx
Captain
Rep
Drives: 135i, 328i, Cayman S

Quote:
Interesting, I parked my RX-8 beside one a couple of weeks ago and was struck by the fact that the 135i looked (and is) smaller (well, shorter anyway). Even standing alone, to my eye it is a small car. This is a good thing, but I think the rear legroom is a bit worse than an RX-8.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 11:07 PM   #10
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe1rx View Post
Interesting, I parked my RX-8 beside one a couple of weeks ago and was struck by the fact that the 135i looked (and is) smaller (well, shorter anyway). Even standing alone, to my eye it is a small car. This is a good thing, but I think the rear legroom is a bit worse than an RX-8.
It could have just been my sight lines and the fact that the cars were parked on a hill above the other cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #11
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

my dealer told me that as soon as the demo cars come in (like the one you speak of), they'll call all their 135i customers and bring them in for a test drive...
I CAN'T WAIT.
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 11:18 PM   #12
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

actually, cars are already starting to come in... I meant, as soona s the car is officially launched... he keeps saying end of march... perhaps that 22nd date was not TOO solid...
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2008, 11:30 PM   #13
Bringinthewolf
1 for the road
Canada
Rep

The two cars seen here are for the Vancouver Auto Show not for demo. The thing I found most odd was that both cars were manual tranies. I would have thought that most cars not preordered would be autos.
Big thank you to Hypermotard for the heads up on this. When I got to the lot to check them out, my SA's assistant didn't even know they were on the lot. She didn't believe me that they were there and had to go ask her sales manager. For a moment I thought Hypermotard was watching from his car with a hiden camera to document my reaction for the forum
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 12:15 AM   #14
PhAzE
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1m (soon)

Hey wolf, are those two demo cars at Auto West in richmond? Or are they at Brian Jessel BMW? Heads up if anyone wants to check but at Brian Jessel they're getting cars in on the 15th. My Montego 128er is supposed to arrive on the 15th. I would go myself, but out of town till the 21st. Very excited to pick up my new car.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 04:35 AM   #15
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsen View Post
Hypermotard,

Did the 135i you sat in have the M sport package? You mentioned it had the oil cooler in it (I would assume in the passenger side front wheel well as in 335i). I guess it is still not absolutely certain yet if all 135i will get the secondary oil cooler or just ones with the sport package.

It must have taken guts to even go down to sit in the car knowing how much more you would want to buy the car once you saw it in the flesh. My SA siad that I should wait to test drive the car before cancelling my order, but I know that I would probably cave in and buy it if I test drove it!
Hi rsen,

The 135i I sat in did indeed have the M sport package and the oil cooler was in the passenger side air intake of the front air dam.
You're right, now that I've seen it and sat in it, it's going to be even harder to say no. Even though the car was not in the color that I ordered, I can just picture how nice much nicer it would look with the colors that I ordered it in. I know what you mean about test driving it because I'm afraid I too may cave in if I drive it but I don't think I will be able to resist when my car actually does arrive and my SA hands me the keys.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 04:40 AM   #16
Drizzt
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Big thank you to Hypermotard for the heads up on this. When I got to the lot to check them out, my SA's assistant didn't even know they were on the lot. She didn't believe me that they were there and had to go ask her sales manager. For a moment I thought Hypermotard was watching from his car with a hiden camera to document my reaction for the forum
Hahaha...no problem Bringinthewolf. I know how badly you wanted to see this car.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 06:07 AM   #17
GatoGrande
Gato Grande
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 X5 3.0 SI

Garage List
2008 BMW X5  [0.00]
Nice! How lucky you are... It's great to hear the positive impressions of you guys as you finally get to see and touch the 1er! Thanks for the prompt posts!

Appreciate 0