BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-11-2008, 12:50 AM   #1
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Black Sapphire 428i xD GC

Rates to Drop?

it's been said on other posts...
it LOOKS like they might change after April 30th...

that, and a conversation with my mother (don't ask) had JUST made me second guess myself about ordering a Le Mans Blue that's coming in mid-April.
It will probably now be a Black Sapphire with Red Leather that will come at the end of May (dealer manager swears; he will change a car already queued for production)... when (HOPEFULLY) the rates will compensate for adding leather...

what do you think? what kind of basis are we going off? other than our pipe dreams...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 07:42 AM   #2
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

I heard the same 'rumour' from my dealer. Lets hope.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
135iowner
Private
Rep
Drives: 135i / 1M on order

Interesting little tidbit here, if in fact this really happens. This is gonna cause a problem for the folks that get their rides in mid April. Myself included here. Maybe if they are indeed gonna lower the rates hopefully they can offer this to the first batch of 135's that are coming in also. Stay tuned....
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2008, 10:24 PM   #4
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep

it's hard to say... speculation of it, and actually getting to sell my current car well both pushed me to order an april build - may delivery car. end of may that is.
plus, im 95% sure I'm getting it in black sapphire; what they had coming for april deliv. was le mans blue (heads up, edmontonians)
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
koala
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 06 BMW M Coupe

If you guys want to make it fun for the dealerships refuse delivery of your car until May 1.
      03-12-2008, 12:16 PM   #6
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

Then watch you're car get sold.. lol.. ^^^
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 12:21 PM   #7
koala
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast kiwi View Post
Not if you play it right. Firm up the deal, make sure they know you can't take delivery until May 1.
      03-12-2008, 01:03 PM   #8
TitoSkulls
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
My dealer even recommended I wait till May 1st to take delivery even though it'll probably be here before then. I think the dealerships are hoping the rates will be going down then as well.
      03-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #9
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

We are hoping that.. If it helps the consumer it helps us..

My comment was made more in jest then anything..
but i will say that dealers are always motivated to move stock ESP sold stock. chances are that most wont mind moving it the one month till aprill tho..

IMHO though.. I cant see the rates changing THAT quick.. maybe three-four months but not two-three weeks?? just my two cents, but what do i know??
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 01:48 PM   #10
koala
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
We are hoping that.. If it helps the consumer it helps us..

My comment was made more in jest then anything..
but i will say that dealers are always motivated to move stock ESP sold stock. chances are that most wont mind moving it the one month till aprill tho..

IMHO though.. I cant see the rates changing THAT quick.. maybe three-four months but not two-three weeks?? just my two cents, but what do i know??
We're dealing with entirely different competitive issues here in Canada that are maybe not apples to apples to the US, so although rates in the US may not drop that quick, they likely will up here. The market will dictate it.
      03-12-2008, 01:53 PM   #11
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

I think we are getting way too excited about this. All that's happening on April 30th is "BMW's rates are set to expire". That literally says nothing about a drop to the 1's rates. I highly doubt they are going to adjust this rate... this is BMW Canada!! Comon guys!!

(As much as I'd love it too.. they have a tendency to screw us).
      03-12-2008, 02:08 PM   #12
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep

^^+1 to what he said..

It's still a very limited car in Canada right??.. Market will dictate it alright.. but i cant see it helping it get lower.. just holding it more firm, due to the demand.. Right!??
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 02:38 PM   #13
135iowner
Private
Rep

I just talked to my SA and asked for his take on this issue. He has been fairly accurate on the stuff he has been saying about this car ( so far ). What he told me is once the early arrivals get here (floor models,demos,dealership orders) they are goin to wait and see what happens. If they move quickly then the rates won't change but if they don't he anticipates the rates dropping like 1% at most. He also told me that there are like 2-3 135s that are not spoken for at Bavaria in Etown, so we gotta wait an see what happens. I too am not gonna take ownership of this car til May even though it will be here sooner. ( give some time for the streets to clean up a bit ) I am not holding my breathe for the rates to come down but at least is some hope i guess.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2008, 07:00 PM   #14
stefan
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M2 Comp

Hmm I stand corrected... Just got an e-mail from my SA. He writes that a drop with BMW FS might happen in "April if not maybe in May".
      03-12-2008, 09:48 PM   #15
raisemyrent
Captain
Canada
Rep

mmm
my SA (who was actually the Sales Manager) mentioned off hand that the rates "might have changed by May"... which is when my car will get here.

btw, subtract one of those unspoken for 135is at Bavaria...

I don't care if the rates change; I've made up my mind. but if they change my monthly payment by, say, 10, 20, or 30 bucks a month, I won't complain.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 12:17 PM   #16
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Heres some good news and some bad news when I called my SA.. bad news first.. he said there is no way to find out if the rates would drop until the first of every month so he cant check for me however... he did say if I wanted to I can pick my car up in May.. which in turn means they'll hold my car that I ordered in the lot till May and if the rates are lowering (I dont think itll increase because thats stupid) then I can buy it.. wow.. I think thats an option some ppl should ask about if they preordered their 1er...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #17
TitoSkulls
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Yup, my dealer has also provided with this option. I'm really hoping those rates come down.
      03-14-2008, 02:57 PM   #18
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoSkulls View Post
Yup, my dealer has also provided with this option. I'm really hoping those rates come down.
Ya its good we dont have to start from square 1 and wait all over.. if the rates drop I think alot of us will be happy campers especially since we are delaying the pickup of our cars =).:drinking:
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #19
YYZATC
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitoSkulls View Post
Is the dealer going to have your vehicle on display and available for test drives for potential buyers? Or are they going to treat it as a sold vehicle where it is off limits?
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 03:05 PM   #20
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZATC View Post
Is the dealer going to have your vehicle on display and available for test drives for potential buyers? Or are they going to treat it as a sold vehicle where it is off limits?
For me.. new vehicle stored on their back lot.. they do this often as everytime I go there they are filled with new cars that are waiting for pick up..
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 04:24 PM   #21
135iowner
Private
Rep

Same position as 1lazybmw here. My SA told me car will be here mid april but they are willing to hold the car for a couple of weeks for me with it being off limits. I'm a taker either way if the rates drop or not. The only part that is killing me is knowing that the car will be here an not actually picking it up. I figured i waited this long already,whats a couple more weeks especially if they do lower the rates and brother can save a few bucks.Lets wait and hope.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2008, 04:37 PM   #22
TitoSkulls
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYZATC View Post
My dealer's estimated delivery date for my car is April 30th, so chances the car wouldn't even be ready for pick up until after May 1st. I would imagine that sold cars waiting for pick up wouldn't be test driven ... that's what demos are for.